Crick to IR, Rubin signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Surprised they chose him over Kilgo, he knows the playbook better, is a big body with more athleticism, and he's younger. I thought he played very well as a rookie in our super bowl run
    Kilgo couldn't even make the roster of the depleted and frankly, poor defensive line issued Patriots. So, I'm definitely not surprised they chose him over Kilgo.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      Kilgo couldn't even make the roster of the depleted and frankly, poor defensive line issued Patriots. So, I'm definitely not surprised they chose him over Kilgo.
      The patriots weren't interested in Rubin with their dline situation either. Rubin isn't very good and is getting up there in age, I'd prefer the younger option

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
        lol gotsis stepped up big time and was awesome against the run. crick is a huge liability and i never liked him. Glad hes gone to be honest. He was so overrated because he had a few batted down passes.
        Huge liability? He was 5th on the defense in PD with 6 (more than a few and tied with Stewart); 2nd in FF with 2; 3 sacks; 32 Tkl/21 Ast. He had some challenges however the defense struggled vs. run.
        Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-16-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I imagine Rubin would still be playing for the Seahawks if they hadn't signed Sheldon Richardson, IDK maybe starting still. Rubin did start the last 32 games for a "stout" Seahawk defense - beer is sounding good - ... Rubin should be solid for us this season, he tends to fit our current scheme and defensive "philosophy" right now. He has done well against the run and he has stated that is why he is here.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
            I imagine Rubin would still be playing for the Seahawks if they hadn't signed Sheldon Richardson, IDK maybe starting still. Rubin did start the last 32 games for a "stout" Seahawk defense - beer is sounding good - ... Rubin should be solid for us this season, he tends to fit our current scheme and defensive "philosophy" right now. He has done well against the run and he has stated that is why he is here.

"Stout ain't just for breakfast....."

As the saying goes, "Beggars cannot be choosy....." Depth is thin so glad to have Rubin. Broncos need help especially vs. Cowboys with their O line and Elliott.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
              "Stout ain't just for breakfast....."

As the saying goes, "Beggars cannot be choosy....." Depth is thin so glad to have Rubin. Broncos need help especially vs. Cowboys with their O line and Elliott.
              Yes, just not sure he (Rubin) is actually going to be active against the Cowboys and now Kyle Peko is in for Tyrique Jarrett. Maybe the staff thinks Kyle is better fit against the Cowboys?
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, just not sure he (Rubin) is actually going to be active against the Cowboys and now Kyle Peko is in for Tyrique Jarrett. Maybe the staff thinks Kyle is better fit against the Cowboys?
                Believe it was their plan all along to bring Kyle back and send Tyrique back to the practice squad. He just wasn't healthy enough last week.

Comment

Believe it was their plan all along to bring Kyle back and send Tyrique back to the practice squad. He just wasn't healthy enough last week.
                  Pot Roast Jr. was waived??? Well, his day will come...he's just got to stay hungry.
                  To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                    Im with you on this.....too soon.

Rubins a savvy VET who can play when motivated. If he can help stuff Eliot, the team may have finally found Maliks replacement
                    I like your enthusiasm but Rubin isn't Malik's replacement. He's not even on the same level as Malik. He can be a good ruin stuffer I hear but Malik was a true dominant force, just look at what he and Calais Campbell are doing right now in Jax but what ive heard so far, he isn't anything near Malik Jackson status.

Comment

ksu good call...the team made a series of moves with K. Peko since camp to get him on the roster. From this article Rubin's status TBD...unless there is a update since this was published:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...d-0faaef79d906

Comment

Working...
                      X