Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Chad Kelly be the future for the broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Chad Kelly be the future for the broncos?

I know he is injured and may be out for the entire year, however, my understanding is that Kelly still remains a bronco. I followed his career starting at eemc which he was mentioned a lot on the show called "last chance U" about eemc juco football, then he transferred to old miss and had an outstanding career there.

During his time at ole miss, he along with deshaun Watson in two games against Alabama, a team om defense having many NFL caliber players including a sizable amount of future NFL first rounders, threw for many yards against them in those two games I mentioned. I think he has many tools to be very successful in the NFL. He has a great arm, rallies his guys, a natural leader, and is mobile. The downside is that earlier in his career I heard he had some off the field issues which he seemed to have cleaned up after going to eemc (but is why he transferred to there from a division 1 school) for the year and that could have been a big reason why he was only the last pick in the draft. While at ole miss, there were times he was slated to be even a possible first draft pick or lowest, a third rounder.

His other downside is that he sometimes takes chances throwing the ball in tight quarters (favre esqe). I believe if healthy, he could be denvers franchise future qb, your thoughts?

I am not sold on siemien and not sure about lynch, in my opinion watching Kelly play for many years, I believe he could take Denver back to the promised land at some point in his career if of course fully healthy. I believe Denver is a good qb away from being a super bowl contender again.

If Kelly returns fully healthy for next year, he could be one of the greatest smartest picks any team has made (more than even dak chosen in the fourth round in my view) especially considering not only was he a late pick, he was actually the last pick in the entire draft, the pick known as mr. irrelevant I believe.

Comment

He could be even worse of a bust than paxton. how about we build the o line. look how much better TS looks with the addition of a running game, o leary, and bolles.

Comment

In my opinion, if Kelly comes back fully healthy, he is by far the better qb than siemien and lynch. Bill polian the well respected former general manager, among others I heard him say that he thinks Kelly is the better qb. The future looks bright for Denver, if when he is healthy, Denver gives Kelly the real opportunity to show his stuff as I am confident after watching many college game in college, based on arm strength, great mobility and good accuracy and how he leads his team on the field, he was the most talented and best suited NFL ready qb in that draft.

Comment

Salty, yes the offensive line is a problem but he is extremely mobile which works to his benefit. Watch some of his college highlights. Also, the o line at ole miss wasn't great but he is great at moving around the pocket and still throwing with good accuracy.

Comment

I feel like Trevor siemien is a game manager, nothing wrong with that whereas Kelly can be a game changer meaning come back from many points down as he did many times in college. Keep in mind, he played in my view just as well against alabamas vaunted defense in his two outings as deshaun did. Both went 1-1 against Alabama and ole miss could have easily beaten Alabama twice. How many qbs could pass for many yards moving up and down with ease against the Alabama defense laden with so many NFL future draft picks?

Comment

Either way, it is a win win situation for Denver. They got him in the seventh round. Is not like they are paying him a lot anyway. I normally don't care about seeing college highlights but I would advise watching his highlights against Alabama in games he played in 2015 and 2016 against them. They had no answer for him as they didn't either with Watson.

Comment

I think if siemien is not spectacular this year, when Kelly returns healthy, he will win the starting job next year and be starting for Denver in their first regular season game next year and if that happens I will be really excited. I know some Denver broncos have no clue about this guy but he is way more mobile than both siemien and lynch, stronger arm, great accuracy and knows how to lead a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoscowboys View Post
                  I feel like Trevor siemien is a game manager, nothing wrong with that whereas Kelly can be a game changer meaning come back from many points down as he did many times in college. Keep in mind, he played in my view just as well against alabamas vaunted defense in his two outings as deshaun did. Both went 1-1 against Alabama and ole miss could have easily beaten Alabama twice. How many qbs could pass for many yards moving up and down with ease against the Alabama defense laden with so many NFL future draft picks?
                  TS took a big step forward. we havnt seen his ceiling yet; ive been a TS basher. Last week changed my mind. He showed increased mobility and stronger pocket presence. he was also throwing Darts all over the place. Tom brady himself couldnt have won more than 11 games with our o line last year

Comment

Salty, I know just because someone was selected in the first round doesn't necessarily mean anything but you have got to see him play. Watch him live next year if he starts a game and mile high will be going crazy and excited about this guy. With the right coaching, in my opinion, this guy is a franchise type possible qb.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                      He could be even worse of a bust than paxton. how about we build the o line. look how much better TS looks with the addition of a running game, o leary, and bolles.
                      Not so sure Mr.Irrelevant could ever be considered a bust no matter how bad they turn out to be.
                      I really like Cheese.

Comment

I feel like the so called experts think siemien is worse than he actually is, but I also think some Denver fans are jumping on siemiens bandwagon too early without enough data to see if he could be the future Denver qb. Let's see how he plays against Dallas, chiefs and raiders this year. If Denver loses those games but siemien played well, I might change my mind on siemien, am just saying I haven't seen anything that makes me confident if Denver gets down by a lot of points to a good team, siemien could lead them back. With a healthy Chad Kelly after watching some of his eemc games and a lot of ole miss games against big time opponents, I have no doubts that kellly because his attributes were tailor made for the NFL could bring Denver back even by three tds down once he gets a bunch or reps and some games at least under his belt.

Comment

Darth, you're right and that is why denver is a win win situation. They get a guy as the last pick so probably paying him 150k 200k that's it for someone that should have been a first rounder. Give the guy a chance to play in real games when healthy and I am confident in saying there won't even be a debate who should be the starter. Siemien and lynch will be vying for the backup role, most like siemien since he always seems to beat out lynch in training camp and preseason which to me doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                            A 7th round pick at any position is rarely a bust if they become even a backup for you...now a 1st round QB failing to outplay a 7th round QB and by all accounts looking like he was beaten out by a UDFA....that is a much different discussion.

Also by rolling with these QBs 2hich we are developing we are saving massive cap dollars which would allow for us to target some better line talent. Issue is to date we've only just done that with Leary....we failed to do the same last off season.

To me Sloter should have been signed onto our 53 man. Lynch should have gone to IR and then even if the team wanted to be In in Oz they could have...
                            Last edited by Peanut; 09-17-2017, 12:28 PM. Reason: Deleted quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoscowboys
                              Siemien improving or not, ask yourself this, in a few years from now do you think siemien would be denvers franchise qb? I would say highly unlikely. With Kelly, I would say yes with confidence assuming he doesn't reinjure himself and doesn't have any other off the field issues.
                              If you're not on the field you cannot help your team win. Andrew Luck and to a certain extent Cam Newton are great examples of that. It is insanity to make comments about Kelly without seeing how he mentally adjust to the NFL both is speed of the game and strength of the players. I'd argue right now that we should cut Kelly and bring back Sloter. Not because I don't think Kelly is good but because we've seen that Sloter has the ability to adjust and elevate his game at the NFL level. Can Kelly do the same...certainly possible. If fact I hope he does. He just hasn't done it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X