Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Chad Kelly be the future for the broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncoscowboys View Post
    Sorry broncos lover, I am just a huge chad Kelly fan and had hoped to bring more knowledge about this guy to fans since normally no one cares of thinks about someone picked as the last pick in the draft. So let's see how siemien plays this year.
    I don't care that you're a Chad Kelly fan. What I am finding a little annoying is claiming that Trevor has "yet to show you....whatever you are looking for when he's only played one game in his 2nd year. I find it annoying that some folks aren't giving him time to develop like other QBs develop.

Some people seem to expect him to be at a higher level when he hasn't had the time to develop into those types of QBs. As he said, Brady, Manning and Rodgers weren't Brady Manning and Rodgers in the 1st game of their 2nd season but we've had several threads on this same topic where it seems that people want Trevor to be those guys already. It's silly and ridiculous and I was seeing your posts going down the same road again.

So yeah, lets....
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 09-17-2017, 08:27 AM.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Meant to say afc west

Comment

Sorry broncos lover, I am just a huge chad Kelly fan and had hoped to bring more knowledge about this guy to fans since normally no one cares of thinks about someone picked as the last pick in the draft. So let's see how siemien plays this year.
        Actually there have been many commenters all summer long with the same view as yours in regards to Kelly. It is just too soon to be realistically projecting Kelly to be a great NFL QB ... he has to get healthy first and apparently he is not even at that point.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          If I may take a stab at this. I believe what many are looking for are throws where the QB makes which allow our position players to win their battles and have the offense March down the field. We saw Manning make these multiple times a game and you see other top QBs do the same. An example of a throw like that was Sloter's throw to Sharp (Right before the TD in PS). Sloter threw the ball to Hunters left elbow/bicep area when he was near the sideline. A throw like that is either caught or goes incomplete. That throw went for 35 yards I believe.

Last season the general feeling was that Trevor did not win us many games - our defense did however. Now this year we are seeing a different player out there. I hope this continues. However it has only been one game so we have yet to see if Trevor can continue with this elevated level of play.
          No, sorry Peyton was not great at deep balls, and neither is Brady. What they are exceptional at are quick plays that exploit defenses, and Brady is an elite dink and donk player that throws a few deep balls per game. Trevor does exactly the same but does not yet master it at the same level. What Brady does better than anybody I have seen is post snap adjustments, where Peyton was the best presnap QB.

I have never been enamoured with "arm talent" because brains and gut talent wins out. Cutler is a prime example of excellen arm talent but what does it help when he throws half of the games away?

Comment

Brian yes I know, but I didn't want to come across as arrogant saying many commentators who watched Kelly closely believe there is no comparison between Kelly of healthy and siemien and lynch. Yes, he is injured but it is not a career ending injury. Thus, assuming he stays out of off the field issue problems, he will be back at some point and I am very happy Denver kept him on the squad.

Comment

Bronco, i agree with you and is why in part I am a believer with Kelly, watch his games and he spills his guts out there not afraid to take a big hit to get the extra yard and has a very high football iq. Also, again he is very mobile is a strength to have for any qb. It just also happens to be he also has a strong arm and very accurate, in my humble opinion, he is the real deal and has the full package and plays his best games in the most important games such as Alabama, auburn etc.

Comment

TS #4 in QBR after a week and we still have two "can this guy be the next QB" threads pop up...get behind our guy, he is the past, present, and future.
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Mh, well one week against a subpar team doesn't tell me a lot about siemien. Playing well today will! Look, if siemien turns out to be a solid above qb, that is enough for Denver to contend with their great defense. No one on this thread (have no idea about what was said on other threads) is saying siemien needs to be even close to Brady later on. If siemien in my view turns out to be a top 15 qb that would be good enough for me and I believe good enough for broncos to really contend. So we shall see. Anyway, I am going to watch the early games in an hour so get your popcorn ready for a great day of football!

Comment

Bronco fan but just for clarification, I completely disagree with you when you said siemien at this point was way ahead of romo when romo first started playing. Romo came into the middle of the season when Bledsoe got hurt and got a subpar struggling Dallas team into the playoffs that year and the next year in his first year he started, they went 13-3 and had the number one seed

Comment

Mh, well one week against a subpar team doesn't tell me a lot about siemien. Playing well today will! Look, if siemien turns out to be a solid above qb, that is enough for Denver to contend with their great defense. No one on this thread (have no idea about what was said on other threads) is saying siemien needs to be even close to Brady later on. If siemien in my view turns out to be a top 15 qb that would be good enough for me and I believe good enough for broncos to really contend. So we shall see. Anyway, I am going to watch the early games in an hour so get your popcorn ready for a great day of football!
                      It is not one week, last year he played with a bad OL, in a not so friendly QB offense, and had a bum shoulder and still posted 2 better QBR ratings than Carr had; and SD is not a sub par team, fully expect them to man handle Miami today. But if fans are still in "wait and see" mode, so be it. Just find the timing of these thread ironic coming off the game he just had.
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Rich, I agree. I don't understand all this siemien hype after one game against in my view a subpar team. I must have missed some experts picking chargers to win the division since most I have been hearing pick chiefs or raiders and some saying chargers in the basement again this year. Today is a great way for siemien to make a statement to the entire country against a very good team since many fans outside of the afc east don't have a clue about siemien and think he should be a backup qb somewhere in the league.
                        Right - I do believe that he made that statement yesterday. Now he needs to prove that it was a statement and not just a smoke screen. He needs to keep making throws which only he can make and only his playmakers can catch. Throws like these can extend plays and turn predictable plays and predictable offenses into dynamic ones.

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                        No, sorry Peyton was not great at deep balls, and neither is Brady. What they are exceptional at are quick plays that exploit defenses, and Brady is an elite dink and donk player that throws a few deep balls per game. Trevor does exactly the same but does not yet master it at the same level. What Brady does better than anybody I have seen is post snap adjustments, where Peyton was the best presnap QB.

I have never been enamoured with "arm talent" because brains and gut talent wins out. Cutler is a prime example of excellen arm talent but what does it help when he throws half of the games away?
                        I believe you took out of context the example I gave and extrapolated it to be trying to tout Peyton as a deep-ball player. That is un-true and not what I said at all. What I was referring to was WHERE the ball was thrown not how far the ball was thrown. I then gave the example of Sloter and where he threw the ball as an example of a throw like that. If I were to give another example of a ball thrown in a similar manner it would be the TD throw to Sanders in 3-4 man coverage in our win yesterday over the Cowboys. Trevor COULD have tried to simply rifle the ball as a dart to Sanders and hope it didn't get picked OR he could do what he chose to do and that was drop it down over the defenders to Sanders thus protecting the ball (for the most part) from a pick. We also saw another throw where Trevor threw the ball low to his WR & I believe there was also one to his TE to help move the chains. These are the types of throws I was referring to which we as fans need to see regularly. IMO- these are also the throws which separate the good QB's from the great ones.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                          It is not one week, last year he played with a bad OL, in a not so friendly QB offense, and had a bum shoulder and still posted 2 better QBR ratings than Carr had; and SD is not a sub par team, fully expect them to man handle Miami today. But if fans are still in "wait and see" mode, so be it. Just find the timing of these thread ironic coming off the game he just had.
                          There was no man-handling of Miami....that said I do not think your overall point should be simply squashed. LA Chargers are a very good team and are simply a play away in their first two games from winning. If they can get one or two more things polished up they can start coming out and blowing teams up. KC in yesterdays game really struggled and barely won. The Raiders are a different story. They look GOOD.

Comment

We have barely any info on him at the NFL level, so it's not even worth talking about at this point.

Comment

Siemian is developing as well as any young QB can. He has all the tools: good arm strength, good spiral, throws well on the run, decent scrambling ability and a high IQ. I was pleasantly surprised by his play last year and I am nothing short of excited by his play this year so far.

He keeps playing like this and I don't see how he isn't afforded an extension. If those 2 things happen, we'll be looking at our long term starter - which I'm perfectly fine with.

The Chad Kelly hype blows me away on this forum. The kid has literally done nothing in this league so far and we have people anointing him as the next franchise QB.

Meanwhile, we have an excellent young QB who has had to to it the hard way and has overcome every obstacle put in his path thus far. I don't understand why so many are so quick to dismiss him and drool over a guy who has yet to throw a ball in an NFL practice, let alone a game.

Kelly might turn out to be good - who knows. My point is we already have a guy who is darn good and developing at an impressive pace. I say lets get behind the kid and root for his success rather than pray for his failure.
                              sigpic

Comment

Salty, yes the offensive line is a problem but he is extremely mobile which works to his benefit. Watch some of his college highlights. Also, the o line at ole miss wasn't great but he is great at moving around the pocket and still throwing with good accuracy.
                                Ryan leaf , jamarcus Russell and a few others were supposed to be elite in the NFL before they even took a snap .....and you know the rest

Comment

Working...
                                X