Prep'n for the Buffalo Bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prep'n for the Buffalo Bills

Originally I looked at this game as a gimme, but I've been reading more about them, watching tape of their 1st two games, and I think this will end up being a really tough game for us.

Safety Jordan Poyer is a unique player. He looks to be phenomenal in coverage and is a BIG hitter. Always around the ball and is a big reason the Panthers couldn't score.

Jerry Hughes and Shaq Lawson have been extremely nasty and knocked the crap out of Cam Newton. With Bolles being out and Menelik struggling mightily, this will end up being a key factor against the Bills. We're going to have a really hard time protecting TS.

Tyrod Taylor and LeSean McCoy will be both reeling from an extremely pedestrian game this week. They are going to be angry and really want to do more.

I'd think the Bills will probably throw a lot of wrinkles in this week to try to get McCoy into space and be more creative with Tyrod. It could be a trap game if we don't take this game deadly serious. The Bills came out of an extremely close, physical game... very healthy. We'll have our hands full.

As much as I despise the phrase "trap game" I have to agree this game is no gimme.

Given our known issues at RT and now new issues at LT, I know VJ, McCoy, and Barone know they have to protect Siemian. If he can get the ball out quick, he stands a good chance what with all the targets we posses. The Bills have a top notch rush defense as well. Neither of those issues strike me as something the team would be lax in preparing for or looking beyond.

If anything, their weakness is not their defense it may be their offense and where this game might be won, containing Taylor as the Panthers did, forcing mistakes.

Any game the Broncos play is a game I look forward to.

Comment

Not to mention it seems like we struggle when we fly to the east coast. Especially for early games. Kinda is a trap game. But I think our D is too good to lose this game. I can see our offense struggle but we should win.

Comment

Let it be known that I drafted Jordan Poyer in the 3rd round of the Draft Game and then got awful grades because he went undrafted

Well look where he is now

Comment

This game is no gimme and it's going to be a dog fight until the end. I still see us beating the Bills 27-17 with two huge TD's in the fourth to put them away.

Comment

Originally posted by Montoya View Post
            Not to mention it seems like we struggle when we fly to the east coast. Especially for early games. Kinda is a trap game. But I think our D is too good to lose this game. I can see our offense struggle but we should win.
            I really dislike early games.....
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Our guys are way too humble from missing the playoffs last year to fall into a trap game; they know every game matters. Buffalo is really just a crappier version of dallas, lets be real. IU expect a 24-10 win, something like that.

Comment

This looks like a defensive type game, now Watkins is in STL the Bills have no receivers to scare us, and we just took it to Zeke and the Cowboys OL, I can't see Buffalo having much success running the ball.

In their own stadium that D will be tough to break down but I have faith in McCoy to call a good game and we have CJ on fire and 2 outstanding receivers.

Comment

Buffalo is no joke! They can stop an offense pretty effectively and they had a huge chip on their shoulder for being the red headed step child in that division!
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                    Our guys are way too humble from missing the playoffs last year to fall into a trap game; they know every game matters. Buffalo is really just a crappier version of dallas, lets be real. IU expect a 24-10 win, something like that.
                    Trap game or not historically we have never performed well in Buffalo. This will be no different and I expect a close game with our offense struggling a bit more now that they'll be dealing with road crowd noise.

I do think our defense should shut them down though so I expects like a 16-7 win.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                      Buffalo is no joke! They can stop an offense pretty effectively and they had a huge chip on their shoulder for being the red headed step child in that division!
                      And we dont have a chip on our shoulder...

Comment

Bills fans are hilariously worried about Denver lol

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/top...-3-point-dogs/

Comment

They're going to Skull drag us" - TT might not make it through this game..

Comment

I don't think any game is a gimme. With that being said, watching the Bills games, we should win this one. The NFZ will keep Tyrod in check and our upgraded run D will shut down their running game.
                            :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

Broncos have no "gimmes ". Majority of NFL teams do not have that luxury.

Bring the effort, run the ball and continue to play dominant defense and the Broncos should be in every game.

So far McCoy's play calling and preparation has been unexpectedly efficient. Players have bought in and hopefully will only get better.

If they turn the ball over, allow a disrupting pass rush or falter in the run game they will obviously struggle. IMO they won't. Even on the road.

Broncos 23-16 is my prediction

Comment

Working...
                              X