Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

By The Numbers: Week 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • By The Numbers: Week 2

    Wow what an exciting week! Last week we had a small sample size and as such couldn't get a clear picture, another week and that sample grows. We still don't have enough meaningful data to make a clear conclusion of what this team is capable of, but boy is week two promising.

    Offensively

    Total Yards: 11th with 350.5 YPG
    1st Down's: 3rd with 24 per game (oh what a difference a year makes)
    3rd percentage: 1st with 57 percent (WHAT!?!)
    Time of possession: 3rd with 34:02
    Turnovers: 9th with -1
    Penalties: 6th with only 11

    Passing
    Yards Per Game: 21st with 191.5
    Touchdowns: 1st with 6
    Passes over 20 yards: 11th with 6
    Passes over 40 yards: 8th with 1
    QB rating: 5th with 106.9
    Sacks given up: 20th with 6

    Rushing
    Yards Per Game: 1st with 159
    Touchdowns: 7th with 2
    Rushing 1st downs: 1st with 18
    Rushes of 20+ yards: 4th with 2
    Attempts: 1st with 75
    Average YPC: 8th with 4.2

    Scoring
    Total scoring: 3rd with 66 points (Oakland, KC and Denver are the top 3)
    Defensive scoring: 2nd with 1 pick six
    Total TD's: 1st with 9

    Special Teams
    Average Kick Return: 1st with 30.5 per game
    Returns of 20+yards: 11th with 2
    Punt Return Average: 4th with 13.6
    Punt Return of 20+ Yards: 1st with 2

    Defensive

    Total Yards: 4th with 258.5 YPG
    Average YPP: 5th with 4.2
    1st Downs Allowed: 8th with 16.5
    3rd down %: 2nd with 23
    Defensive TOP: 3rd 25:58
    Tackles: 28th with 108

    Passing
    Total Yards: 15th with 206.5
    Interceptions: 3rd with 3
    Passes over 20 yards: 2nd with 2
    Passes over 40 yards: 1st with 0
    Opponent's passer rating: 13th with 80.9
    Sacks: 24th with 3 (gotta see this number go up soon...)
    Pass Deflections: 4th with 13

    Rushing
    Yards Per Game 3rd with 52
    Touchdown's allowed: 1st with 0
    Rush over 20 yards: 14th with 1
    Rush over 40 yards: 1st with 0
    Rushing 1st downs: 3 with 4
    YPC: 5th with 2.9

    Scoring
    Total Points: 13th with 38 allowed
    Receiving TD's 29th with 5 allowed

    We're high in areas you would not expect (especially offensively. And not so high in areas you would expect (pass defense) It'll be interesting to see what week 3 brings.

    As always, feel free to add any meaningful stats I forgot, or others you find interesting from other sources.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 09-19-2017, 10:29 AM.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Meaningful Player stats

    Trevor Siemian
    Total Yards: 16th with 450
    Touchdowns: 1st with 6 TD:INT Ratio 6:2
    1st downs: 10th with 26
    Longest Play: 15th with 44
    Rating: 8th 106.9

    CJ Anderson
    Average/Game: 3rd 99.5
    TD: 9th with 1
    1st down's: Manderson is #1 with 11
    Rush +20: 3rd with 2

    Receivers
    Yards
    Thomas: 14th with 138
    Sanders 60th with 88

    TD's
    Fowler:2nd with 2
    Sanders: 2nd with 2
    Anderson 15th with 1
    Virgil Green 15th with 1
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree it all looks pretty promising. In general the numbers look pretty good imo. What's more is the team is putting up decent numbers while passing the eye test. This team looks pretty good and they seem to have good chemistry. here's hoping they keep it up!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
        I agree it all looks pretty promising. In general the numbers look pretty good imo. What's more is the team is putting up decent numbers while passing the eye test. This team looks pretty good and they seem to have good chemistry. here's hoping they keep it up!
        I'll be interesting to see if there is a course change in our trajectory following week 4. Week two was barometer #1, we passed that with flying colors, now I want to see how we stack up against the Raiders.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          I'll be interesting to see if there is a course change in our trajectory following week 4. Week two was barometer #1, we passed that with flying colors, now I want to see how we stack up against the Raiders.
          The AFCW is looking like the best division in football once again. I don't think it will be a cake walk for sure, but the early returns look good! I believe wholeheartedly in this defense. I think they will consistently shut offenses down. Couple that with an offense that can actually convert 3rd downs, run the ball and score - I like our chances.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
            The AFCW is looking like the best division in football once again. I don't think it will be a cake walk for sure, but the early returns look good! I believe wholeheartedly in this defense. I think they will consistently shut offenses down. Couple that with an offense that can actually convert 3rd downs, run the ball and score - I like our chances.
            Well, when you have KC, Denver and Oakland rounding out the top 3 teams in total points scored...You have a tough division on your hands.

            My two biggest areas of concern. Sacks and passing TD's allowed. The No Fly Zone has been allowing a lot more flight than anticipated. Part of this is because teams are unable to run the ball and forced to take to the air, part of this is because we aren't getting pressure, but we've gotta get this reeled in. 206 YGP isn't terrible by any means so from a yards standpoint, that's not bad, but we've gotta slow down teams scoring on us via the air.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Well, when you have KC, Denver and Oakland rounding out the top 3 teams in total points scored...You have a tough division on your hands.

              My two biggest areas of concern. Sacks and passing TD's allowed. The No Fly Zone has been allowing a lot more flight than anticipated. Part of this is because teams are unable to run the ball and forced to take to the air, part of this is because we aren't getting pressure, but we've gotta get this reeled in. 206 YGP isn't terrible by any means so from a yards standpoint, that's not bad, but we've gotta slow down teams scoring on us via the air.
              Agreed. That said, the passing TDs have been more of a result of TOs and stupid Rivers catching on fire imo. I think sacks and passing TDs will come back around.

              Still, this season is going to be a slugfest in this division. I'm excited to see how it all shakes out.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                Well, when you have KC, Denver and Oakland rounding out the top 3 teams in total points scored...You have a tough division on your hands.

                My two biggest areas of concern. Sacks and passing TD's allowed. The No Fly Zone has been allowing a lot more flight than anticipated. Part of this is because teams are unable to run the ball and forced to take to the air, part of this is because we aren't getting pressure, but we've gotta get this reeled in. 206 YGP isn't terrible by any means so from a yards standpoint, that's not bad, but we've gotta slow down teams scoring on us via the air.
                I think most if not all of Daks' passing yards were in garbage time or turnovers. If we continue to dominate for the first three quarters I wouldn't be surprised at all if those numbers for the opponent remains the same, given how we seem to go into prevent D by the 4th
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

                Comment


                • #9
                  It's not just teams not being able to run the ball... you've got to remember, we've jumped out to big, early leads. With teams having to play from behind (hopefully all year), there is no way the NFZ will maintain that #1 position.

                  Playing with extremely inept offenses the last 2 years has kept games close. That and last year's run defense being so porous.

                  If we can stay healthy and get Shane Ray and Kerr back, the sacks should go up and will hopefully help the NFZ as well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                    It's not just teams not being able to run the ball... you've got to remember, we've jumped out to big, early leads. With teams having to play from behind (hopefully all year), there is no way the NFZ will maintain that #1 position.

                    Playing with extremely inept offenses the last 2 years has kept games close. That and last year's run defense being so porous.

                    If we can stay healthy and get Shane Ray and Kerr back, the sacks should go up and will hopefully help the NFZ as well.
                    That's more what I'm concerned about than the TD's, the lack of sacks. Once the sack totals start going up, so do the interceptions and defensive scores.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      Well, when you have KC, Denver and Oakland rounding out the top 3 teams in total points scored...You have a tough division on your hands.

                      My two biggest areas of concern. Sacks and passing TD's allowed. The No Fly Zone has been allowing a lot more flight than anticipated. Part of this is because teams are unable to run the ball and forced to take to the air, part of this is because we aren't getting pressure, but we've gotta get this reeled in. 206 YGP isn't terrible by any means so from a yards standpoint, that's not bad, but we've gotta slow down teams scoring on us via the air.
                      Shane Ray's return should alleviate this very intelligent statement.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                        Shane Ray's return should alleviate this very intelligent statement.
                        I hope so, but I fear it's worse than just missing Ray. We really seem to be struggling to generate any push up the middle on passing downs. Our line cannot get a pass rush going, having two solid edge rushers will help, but we are missing something on the line this season.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Harris continuing to grow might help the rush from the line though, so I guess we'll see what adding Ray back to the mix does.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I am actually very interested in watching Shaq Barrett over the next few games. Not only did he just return from a non-football hamstring injury that took him out of all of the preseason games, but he's playing almost on par with Miller who was a crazy mad man about his training during the off season. If Barrett can continue playing at this level he could possibly be the starter even after Ray comes back.

                            Time will ultimately tell, but it's a good problem to have. :thumb:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                              I am actually very interested in watching Shaq Barrett over the next few games. Not only did he just return from a non-football hamstring injury that took him out of all of the preseason games, but he's playing almost on par with Miller who was a crazy mad man about his training during the off season. If Barrett can continue playing at this level he could possibly be the starter even after Ray comes back.

                              Time will ultimately tell, but it's a good problem to have. :thumb:
                              I've always been a Barrett fan. I agree he could probably hold down the position even after Ray comes back.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X