The Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    how long will it take joe woods to get a hc job. he is looking great, and gonna get an offer soon, will he be gone after this season or after next?
    Can't worry about that, especially since there's a lot of things that go into getting an HC job, such as interviewing well etc. And some teams might view him as being a guy who took over a great defense and just kept it steady, not the architect. I look at Kris Richard in Seattle as a guy like that, he took over the Seahawks D in 2015 has kept them up close to the top but hasn't really gotten any interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      And surprisingly (actually not really) there were a few people on here calling him a bust after last season.
      i know - they were cray.

Comment

I am not sure it is about how much better we get. To me the rotation is about keeping guys fresh for a playoff push.

D Peko is a beast, but he needs to have some breaks. Kerr will be huge in keeping Peko fresh and limit injuries.
        Shane Ray should make our pass rush better. He will rotate with Shaq and that means Von get rotated a little more too.

Comment

Originally posted by coffee View Post
          I am not sure it is about how much better we get. To me the rotation is about keeping guys fresh for a playoff push.

D Peko is a beast, but he needs to have some breaks. Kerr will be huge in keeping Peko fresh and limit injuries.
          Shane Ray should make our pass rush better. He will rotate with Shaq and that means Von get rotated a little more too.
          right, lets use kerr on passing downs. irritated we dont use demarcus walker on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            Can't worry about that, especially since there's a lot of things that go into getting an HC job, such as interviewing well etc. And some teams might view him as being a guy who took over a great defense and just kept it steady, not the architect. I look at Kris Richard in Seattle as a guy like that, he took over the Seahawks D in 2015 has kept them up close to the top but hasn't really gotten any interest.
            joe woods is gonna be a star coach in this league. just reading what the players say about him and looking at our defense as it is doing different things then last year and improved from last year.

also bradley the guy who agruebly built the defense is back to being a dc.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              joe woods is gonna be a star coach in this league. just reading what the players say about him and looking at our defense as it is doing different things then last year and improved from last year.

also bradley the guy who agruebly built the defense is back to being a dc.
              People raved about Dick Lebeau the same way for over 30 years. And he never amounted to anything more than a great D.C. mind.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                People raved about Dick Lebeau the same way for over 30 years. And he never amounted to anything more than a great D.C. mind.
                Right. Dick LeBeau was HC of the Bengals 2000-02 and was 12-33. I think that's the extent of his head coaching career,
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Anytime a first time coordinator has success, there is the possibility that he is poached for a HC gig. We just took Vance from Miami, so we do the same thing. To be fair Elway was going after Vance even if he did not get the DC gig. Right now I believe our coaches want to be here. I mean we were able to steel Musgrave and Olivo and they did not go up in position. Most new HC jobs are rebuild jobs, so why would he want to be a HC for a team with no direction? How many good teams need a new HC? I think we have a great staff at this time and would hate to see it disrupted.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wade Phillips had a similar sketchy HC resume. There is enough evidence out there now to support the idea that not always do good Coordinators make good Head Coaches. If you are still not sure, ask Mike McCoy.
                    sigpic

Comment

My biggest worry on defense is stopping the run every week. So far, so good, but it must be done.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                        Wade Phillips had a similar sketchy HC resume. There is enough evidence out there now to support the idea that not always do good Coordinators make good Head Coaches. If you are still not sure, ask Mike McCoy.
                        There are always people who don't hot but the way woods handles his defense asking the players what they see on the field to help him game plan. His play calls. When a good coach becomes an he it can work also I feel alot of he are new jobs with limited time to build a team which makes it really hard

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        My biggest worry on defense is stopping the run every week. So far, so good, but it must be done.
                        I am not overly worried about that after our first 2 weeks
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

It is very rare to hire a head coach with only one year as a coordinator. I think he wouldn't get offers until the 2019 season. But this is a distraction right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                            I don't believe that to be a fair evaluation of Mike McCoy. If we are going to be fair toward Mike then we need to look at the complete package he had in SD. He had a top 10-15 QB in Rivers but never really had a great O-line to work with. He also had real issues with LB's & with DB's as he only really had 1-2 decent ones on the roster and the others on the roster aside form those players were mediocre at best. Really when you look at the Chargers this season they are again in a position where they need 1-2 pieces and they'd easily have our record.

If we are to look at a more complete picture of our team I think we should be more concerned that if our offense continues to play like this that McCoy would potentially be given another opportunity perhaps with a team who has struggled in the offensive side of the game but has a decent defense....oddly enough Buffalo fits that mold and I believe the Jets fit that mold as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X