Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new info on Jake Butt?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any new info on Jake Butt?

    Any idea on how he's progressing? I've read he's eligible to return after the bye week. I would love to get this guy on the field ASAP. Green has been decent, but Derby and Heuerman have underwhelmed so far.

  • #2
    Originally posted by gerontion View Post
    Any idea on how he's progressing? I've read he's eligible to return after the bye week. I would love to get this guy on the field ASAP. Green has been decent, but Derby and Heuerman have underwhelmed so far.
    No he'd still have to sit at least 1 more week, players on the PUP list aren't eligible to practice until week 6, at which point a 3 week window opens where they can practice and/or be activated. Once the 3 week window expires then if a player isn't activated they're on IR for the season.

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't know how much to expect from him this year, he hasn't even had a single practice play yet

      I wonder if they'll just put him on IR once he's eligible to return

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
        I don't know how much to expect from him this year, he hasn't even had a single practice play yet

        I wonder if they'll just put him on IR once he's eligible to return
        Might as well let him practice for the 3 weeks, put him through Individual periods and running some scout, the league allows it, might as well use it.

        Comment


        • #5
          I thought I heard VJ say the other day that only 2 players get to return from IR. We know that Lynch is likely going to be one of them, while Shane Ray is for sure the other one. At this point I don't know how much JB can contribute since the other TE's have already earned their spots on the roster.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
            I thought I heard VJ say the other day that only 2 players get to return from IR. We know that Lynch is likely going to be one of them, while Shane Ray is for sure the other one. At this point I don't know how much JB can contribute since the other TE's have already earned their spots on the roster.
            Pretty sure Lynch isn't on IR. Could be wrong though. But, Butt isn't on IR. So, he doesn't apply to that list.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
              Pretty sure Lynch isn't on IR. Could be wrong though. But, Butt isn't on IR. So, he doesn't apply to that list.
              you might be right. I thought they placed him there after the shoulder injury, but he's not listed there. Well we know Shane Ray is coming back, and maybe Crick. I don't see how Jake Butt starts this year barring season ending IR for any one of our TE's
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                Might as well let him practice for the 3 weeks, put him through Individual periods and running some scout, the league allows it, might as well use it.
                I'm sure they will, I'm just saying don't be surprised if he ends up on IR after a few practices

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  I thought I heard VJ say the other day that only 2 players get to return from IR. We know that Lynch is likely going to be one of them, while Shane Ray is for sure the other one. At this point I don't know how much JB can contribute since the other TE's have already earned their spots on the roster.
                  Butt isn't on IR, he's on the PUP list, which is completely different, all PUP list players are eligible to come back during a 3 week window.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    Butt isn't on IR, he's on the PUP list, which is completely different, all PUP list players are eligible to come back during a 3 week window.
                    thanks for the clarification. It'll be good to have him practice then for those 3 weeks. I don't see him being activated unless another TE is out for injuries though
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      thanks for the clarification. It'll be good to have him practice then for those 3 weeks. I don't see him being activated unless another TE is out for injuries though
                      What if he proves to simply be better?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                        What if he proves to simply be better?
                        I would love that, but they will have to waive somebody to make room for him. With no NFL experience, no training camp, and no practice, it's going to hard for him to prove, during just a couple weeks of practice, that he's better than what we currently have, and worthy of cutting somebody for.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Denver's new triplets (Kelly, D.Henderson and Butt) will make.there presence felt.next year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                            What if he proves to simply be better?
                            I'd love for that to happen, but you have to take someone off the roster or waive someone to get him activated. I'd say let him get this year to practice, acclimate to the NFL pace, and really understand McCoy's offense. Next year he'll emerge as a threat and fully healthy.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X