Unsportsmanlike conduct on Miller call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsportsmanlike conduct on Miller call

I still am shaking my head at this one, I didn't realize that something like that could even be called? I wonder if he said something derogatory to Taylor as he walked away because that's when the flag was thrown? Wow...whatever the reason it surely came at a bad time and helped to sink the ship yesterday....

Hard to figure the officiating on this one. had to of been something bad said. Maybe we can chalk it up to a P/C society who "won't handle the truth". Nevertheless, it was unwise from the get go, and for all his positives he forgot about his pride that cost him (and the team) treasure.

Comment

Von took it like a champ and he didn't need to.....he took the results like a leader should.

Referees separate​ (without flagging) players from physical interactions on almost every play. The micd up segments have to bleeped out so much you barely hear any other dialogue. Lip reading these coaches while they berate the officials on the sideline let's you know they aren't discussing the pregame menu.
      Yet this type of thing will not be tolerated.

That play and the Sanders incomplete ruling were such critical calls.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
        Von took it like a champ and he didn't need to.....he took the results like a leader should.

Referees separate​ (without flagging) players from physical interactions on almost every play. The micd up segments have to bleeped out so much you barely hear any other dialogue. Lip reading these coaches while they berate the officials on the sideline let's you know they aren't discussing the pregame menu.
        Yet this type of thing will not be tolerated.

That play and the Sanders incomplete ruling were such critical calls.
        I agree,

They were joking, you could see they were joking, and they had been all game long... What a donkey poo call that was.
        GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
          I agree,

They were joking, you could see they were joking, and they had been all game long... What a donkey poo call that was.
          tyrod was laughing and pointing at miller... what a crappy official, unreal.

Comment

Officiating was bad and ticky tack across the board in that game. That Miller penalty is one of the worst calls I've seen in a while. Absolute head shaker. 15 yards for a funny "psych". On 3rd down none the less. It wasn't even a "taunt". That crew was out of control for the entirety of that game. Bad calls on both sides. The Miller call and the Sanders calls were blatantly terrible though.
            sigpic

Comment

Curious if anyone has seen it addressed by Miller, coaches or even the NFL?

After it happened I kept waiting for the "broadcast official" to chime in about the reasoning and rules that covered it. Never did unless i missed it.

Comment

Bad call, sad that it was the nail in the coffin on a potential comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  Curious if anyone has seen it addressed by Miller, coaches or even the NFL?

After it happened I kept waiting for the "broadcast official" to chime in about the reasoning and rules that covered it. Never did unless i missed it.
                  Miller addressed it... he took total responsibility for it... handled it very well... without attacking the refs.
                  sigpic

Comment

I really wish the NFL would instruct refs to err on the side of caution in those situations, and instead have an official make a note of the action for league review, where they could follow up with fines or other consequences if deemed necessary. I can see the "too slow" bit being under the giant umbrella definition of taunting, but it is very unwise to carelessly throw a flag that essentially put the game on ice. But like others have said, bad call or not, don't let the refs have a chance to decide your fate, just play better.

And I do feel that this message board needs to replace Vinovich with Carl Cheffers as the new face of officiating infamy around here. At least Billy V threw us a bone last year by upholding Will Parks' returned PAT against the Saints last year.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      Miller addressed it... he took total responsibility for it... handled it very well... without attacking the refs.
                      Any explanation of the rule he broke? Or if there was more to it in his comments to Taylor?

Doesn't change a thing just curious. It seems to be such an absurd and petty call.

Comment

Originally posted by East Coast Fan View Post
                        I still am shaking my head at this one, I didn't realize that something like that could even be called? I wonder if he said something derogatory to Taylor as he walked away because that's when the flag was thrown? Wow...whatever the reason it surely came at a bad time and helped to sink the ship yesterday....
                        refs are bias towards teams playing against the broncos there where so many bad calls it was not funny, there where a few a times that the guy was all over sanders or Thomas and pi calls. or that pi on thomas where tbe DB starts the contact. it was terrible
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                          Any explanation of the rule he broke? Or if there was more to it in his comments to Taylor?

Doesn't change a thing just curious. It seems to be such an absurd and petty call.
                          It was a very tick tacky flag, but it's the same as taunting. I've never seen it called and shouldn't have been, but it's basically taunting. The ref was definitely power tripping, but he doesn't know Von and Tyrod are friends. As soon as he did, I said that's 15 yards.

Comment

It was absurd. May be the softest call I've ever seen made. Ref must've had his panties up in a bunch. For years, I've seen opposing players reach a hand out to help the other guy up, and then have another teammate come up and swat the hand down to not help them up. A fake to help him up is really unsportsmanlike? I can't fully grasp my head around that one.

The NFL will do nothing about the call and it's shameful that it was even called in the first place. Roger is gonna give that ref a raise.
                            2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by East Coast Fan View Post
                              Nothing derogatory was said. Taylor was talking about it, even he didn't think it was a penalty. The fact of the matter is, penalty or not, you have to avoid doing crap like that when the game is on the line. It was funny, Miller laughed about it, Tyrod laughed about it, I laughed about it, however, this is the no fun league, you have to expect crap like that off of stupid stuff, don't put yourself in that position.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X