How About That D!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    We don’t always look rusty after a bye. It’s actually extremely rare we look that bad coming off a bye. We are one of the best teams in the league coming off a bye.

I read where we are like 15-4 at home coming off a bye and have the most wins coming off a bye with 27 in the entire league. Can’t remember how far back they went but the team is usually firing on all cylinders after a long break. Last night was a complete abomination.
    To be honest we've barely squeaked by in our wins with the defense saving our bacon or a missed field goal. We aren't really that good.

Historically I recall #1 seed weeks off being a letdown, do the bye week stats denote how early in the season the bye came?
    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
      To be honest we've barely squeaked by in our wins with the defense saving our bacon or a missed field goal. We aren't really that good.

Historically I recall #1 seed weeks off being a letdown, do the bye week stats denote how early in the season the bye came?
      Good question. I have no idea. I hate having them so early though. If we looked this bad this soon imagine in two months when we have had no extended rest breaks.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I’m not arguing with you like you seem to think I am. And it’s not the same mentality as the “easy win” thread. Which I was against that thread. No wins in the NFL are easy.

Yes they still have talent but the D still should’ve been able to hold them to less. Yes 270 and 16 points should’ve been good enough. But it still should’ve been better.

I put 80% of the blame on the offense but the defense still deserves a little of it.
        Not trying to argue with you at all. Just seemed the thread was taking a negative turn towards being critical of the defense for not being dominant enough. Maybe I read something that was not there. Or perhaps influenced by the tone in other threads.

It seems we both agree, we wish the defense would have been able to shut down or create turnovers against a struggling Giants offense. But it does not surprise me that they were not able to. The Giants played a conservative gameplan. They did not take unnecessary risks or allow the Broncos defense to make those big plays.

The Broncos offense allowed them to do so all game long by not threatening or blowing it when they did come close. Game was going bad at 10-3 but getting into the locker room and re-grouping at the half was critical. That pick six and going down 17-3 at the half just made it too easy for the Giants the entire second half.

Defense was not dominant but that performance should have been more then adequate. No matter who the opponent was. Only placing 80% blame on the offense is being charitable IMO. Going to be interesting to see if the locker room division rears it's ugly head again this season. Joseph has his work cut out for him to see that it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
          Not trying to argue with you at all. Just seemed the thread was taking a negative turn towards being critical of the defense for not being dominant enough. Maybe I read something that was not there. Or perhaps influenced by the tone in other threads.

It seems we both agree, we wish the defense would have been able to shut down or create turnovers against a struggling Giants offense. But it does not surprise me that they were not able to. The Giants played a conservative gameplan. They did not take unnecessary risks or allow the Broncos defense to make those big plays.

The Broncos offense allowed them to do so all game long by not threatening or blowing it when they did come close. Game was going bad at 10-3 but getting into the locker room and re-grouping at the half was critical. That pick six and going down 17-3 at the half just made it too easy for the Giants the entire second half.

Defense was not dominant but that performance should have been more then adequate. No matter who the opponent was. Only placing 80% blame on the offense is being charitable IMO. Going to be interesting to see if the locker room division rears it's ugly head again this season. Joseph has his work cut out for him to see that it doesn't.
          The 20% I’d blame I give the defense is on the pourous run defense and not forcing any turnovers. It may be too much blame but hey, something to work on.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            Eli only had 128 yards. Pretty pedestrian IMHO.
            It only takes about 100 passing yards to beat this team. There is no offense to speak of. The Dallas game was an anomaly. Take that game away and this team has scored 60 points in four games for an average of 15 points a game.

Comment

Noticed that you rarely see our players ripping at the ball. This used to be a big part of our D under past coordinators.

No fire in the belly last night at all...
              [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                Noticed that you rarely see our players ripping at the ball. This used to be a big part of our D under past coordinators.

No fire in the belly last night at all...
                I'm very upset with the turn of events regarding our defense. Where is the wrecking havoc on the field? Where is the swarming mentality?

Not there anymore. And it makes me very angry because we still have the players to do it.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Joe Woods is no Wade Phillips, thats for sure. His insistance in playing more zone than man to man, is frustrating. Man to man was a hallmark for this defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                    Joe Woods is no Wade Phillips, thats for sure. His insistance in playing more zone than man to man, is frustrating. Man to man was a hallmark for this defense.
                    It's VJ that's decided the switch, not Woods.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Just a note.....

After week #6, The Denver Broncos are #1 in overall D, including #2 against the rush and #6 against the pass. Not too shabby.

That alone is worthy of at least 3 wins.

Comment

In spite of our difficulties.....on O, I still feel strongly that our D is having another outstanding season, and deserves better.

We are still #1 overall, and ranking 2nd against the run, and 6th against the pass. Fantastic stats!

Go D!!!

Comment

Defense kept us in it for another week. Keep it up guys!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeFanatic View Post
                            Defense kept us in it for another week. Keep it up guys!
                            You got that right....without them it's a blow out!

Comment

I think we can be confident in our guys this coming week against Philly. But this game will be a tale teller in my opinion, as to the way our season will go. Wentz and his relatively strong unit will be a load. Another great game by our D might actually end up in a W. But if our D shows any sign of slowing down, we could definitely be in for a long season. 3 and 5 is not a playoff sounding record, and we host The Pats next. 3 and 6 will not get it done.

So....lets see if our D can salvage another victory. I just can not count on our O to make the shift. Brock can win games no doubt, but it is a lot to ask of him this week. Under pressure and he may not look too special.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                I think we can be confident in our guys this coming week against Philly. But this game will be a tale teller in my opinion, as to the way our season will go. Wentz and his relatively strong unit will be a load. Another great game by our D might actually end up in a W. But if our D shows any sign of slowing down, we could definitely be in for a long season. 3 and 5 is not a playoff sounding record, and we host The Pats next. 3 and 6 will not get it done.

So....lets see if our D can salvage another victory. I just can not count on our O to make the shift. Brock can win games no doubt, but it is a lot to ask of him this week. Under pressure and he may not look too special.
                                100% agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X