QB solutions for next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB solutions for next year

I want to start off by saying Siemian is certainly not the only reason our offense, once again, is bad. We desperately need a LG, RT, and receiving TE. That being said, it is becoming more and more apparent that Siemian is not the answer. He is simply not good enough to overcome any lack of talent around him. Sure, in ideal circumstances, he might do well. We don't have an ideal situation though, and most QBs don't. I could even live with him being a game manager, but he makes far too many mistakes to fill that role. Last year he had 10 picks. This year he already has 6. He is simply not enough of a playmaker to overcome turnovers. Frankly, there is little we can do this year. Brock is certainly not the answer, and neither Lynch nor Kelly is ready. However, if the wheels truly fall off this season either one of those should be inserted to get a head start for next year. Speaking of which...

Solution #1- Somehow acquire a franchise QB. Some of the names out there include Brees, Cousins, Manning, Rivers, or possibly even Luck. I personally am gung ho for Brees. As a FA, he won't cost any assets and he may be willing to take somewhat of a discount to play for a contender. He instantly makes us SB favorites. Yes, Father Time will catch him eventually, but he is still playing at an elite level. Our D is currently championship caliber, but it won't be forever. We must strike will the iron is hot. If Luck truly is disgruntled and wants out of Indy, we would seriously have to consider getting him. It would cost a ton of assets, but he is a special talent.

Solution #2- Dump Trevor and acknowledge he is not the guy for this team. Draft the best QB we can next year within reason, which probably excludes Darnold or Rosen. Have the new guy compete with Lynch and Kelly for the starting spot. It's supposed to be a good draft for QBs, so many we can find a guy in rounds 2-4.

Solution #3- Keep Siemian, plug as many offensive holes as possible, and hope for the best. This draft is also supposedly deep at the OT position. So, get the best one possible or perhaps draft a plug and play OG like Quenton Nelson. This is my least favorite solution because at this point I don't see Siemian as the one to lead us back to the SB. We would just be wasting another season.

IMO Chad Kelly will be the future of Denver. What really sucks is having a great D and not having a QB that is a top 15 QB. Yes we have problems at RT but we have poor QB play. Key to beating Denver stop run and make Siemian beat you. Which i don't believe he can, and now with Sanders out it makes it even more impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by tpoz34 View Post
      IMO Chad Kelly will be the future of Denver. What really sucks is having a great D and not having a QB that is a top 15 QB. Yes we have problems at RT but we have poor QB play. Key to beating Denver stop run and make Siemian beat you. Which i don't believe he can, and now with Sanders out it makes it even more impossible.
      I think you're right. If Denver can't run, we can't win.

Comment

Originally posted by tpoz34 View Post
        Well Jordan Taylor can play now, he doesn't 100% replace Sanders but it is the best we have.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

We aren't a contender at the moment especially with VJ changing our defensive man to man over 80% zone.

McCoy is vanilla with no creativity.

Comment

Chad Kelly will win the job
            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              We aren't a contender at the moment especially with VJ changing our defensive man to man over 80% zone.

McCoy is vanilla with no creativity.
              The defense is not the problem. It certainly isn't what it was 2 years ago, but it's still elite. Maybe McCoy runs a vanilla offense because we have a vanilla QB. McCoy was creative enough to get something out of Tim Tebow. That's practically a miracle.

Comment

All I'm gonna say is that it seems like every young QB in the nfl got better in the off seasons except the ones on our team. Player development needs to be looked at moving forward.

Comment

When TS Kyle Ortoned the Dirt Ball to Jamal Charles in the Flat that was my key moment when I came to the conclusion that TS will never be the Anwser.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                    The defense is not the problem. It certainly isn't what it was 2 years ago, but it's still elite. Maybe McCoy runs a vanilla offense because we have a vanilla QB. McCoy was creative enough to get something out of Tim Tebow. That's practically a miracle.
                    I have to agree with you. The defense actually played a good game last night. Most of the night they spent defending against a short field so three of the 3 and outs led to points because we gave them the ball in scoring range.

And with that, there were plenty of opportunities for Trev to get rolling and score some points. Defense forced punts in critical situations. Trev just couldn’t make it happen.

But I will say this. If Giants go out next week and give up their usual 10 sacks/ game, I’m going to really start raising eyebrows towards our “future HOF pass rusher”. He wasn’t chipped or held last night. Those two terrible tackles held their own last night. In fact, that was their best game in almost two seasons! Flowers and the RT looked like studs last night.
                    #swapping

Comment

The only thing McCoy got out of Tebow was his running (not throwing) in the read-option that was new to the NFL then. It (Tebow's running) worked against the bad teams we played that season and failed against the good teams we played that season.

Also fortunate that our entire division was so bad that season that we won it by default with an 8-8 record and beat a Pittsburgh team in the playoffs that was playing with a good number of 3rd stringers on defense that still took us to OT.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                        I have to agree with you. The defense actually played a good game last night. Most of the night they spent defending against a short field so three of the 3 and outs led to points because we gave them the ball in scoring range.

And with that, there were plenty of opportunities for Trev to get rolling and score some points. Defense forced punts in critical situations. Trev just couldn’t make it happen.

But I will say this. If Giants go out next week and give up their usual 10 sacks/ game, I’m going to really start raising eyebrows towards our “future HOF pass rusher”. He wasn’t chipped or held last night. Those two terrible tackles held their own last night. In fact, that was their best game in almost two seasons! Flowers and the RT looked like studs last night.
                        Von hasn't been dominant, but he does have 5 sacks. The pass rush should get a jolt when Ray returns.

Comment

Von hasn't been dominant, but he does have 5 sacks. The pass rush should get a jolt when Ray returns.
                          The problem is Von is the only pass rush we get. He needs help on the other side as well. Hopefully Ray brings that.

Comment

Write-off 2018 to give Lynch a full season to suck in plain sight. See if he shows signs of development.. otherwise back to the draft.

Good QB's (Dak, Wentz, Luck etc.) don't need bench time to improve. You either got it or you don't.

Comment

I'm throwing the farm at Kirk Cousins next offseason, just not Von's farm

Comment

Working...
                              X