No announcement yet.

Should We Worry about Brandon McManus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should We Worry about Brandon McManus?

He is usually an awesome kicker. But wonder what is going on with him? He says he can hit it in practice and in warm ups. Just hope he can revive his career. As well as not have the patience wear thin in Denver on him?! Look at Blair Walsh and Mason Crosby going through jinxes only to rebound! Hope he can do the same.
    Ready for October Falls

Yea, it's pretty rough. Missed FGs have been key components of momentum shifts in our losses. It's definitely hurting the team badly. I hope he can get himself straightened out.

Comment

Yes, yes and again, yes. What the hell happened to him? Is money burning a hole in his pocket. Has something happened to his head? What?
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Just the Broncos' luck for him to start playing like complete garbage after signing a deal.

Comment

Yes, it is a big concern to have your kicker miss multiple FGs that amount to extra point distances. However, the bigger issue is needing him in the first place. The chip shot FGs he shanked should have been TD drives. Offense HAS to finish, its that simple.

Comment

To me he looks lackadaisical out there not focused.

Comment

Absolutely, kicking is all mental imo, and it's in his head. Some kickers never snap out of it. See Mike Nugent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                Just the Broncos' luck for him to start playing like complete garbage after signing a deal.
                This is true, but didn't he miss a lot of kicks when he was first signed? I seem to recall a video of him missing a FG and Garcia was going ballistic on the sidelines. I think was in 2013?

Comment

He's a disaster. And apparently he's loads of dead money. No idea how or why he went all screwy all of a sudden.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                    Absolutely, kicking is all mental imo, and it's in his head. Some kickers never snap out of it. See Mike Nugent.
                    Or Mike Vanderjagt, who went from one of the best kickers in the NFL to jobless in less than a season.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      Yes, yes and again, yes. What the hell happened to him? Is money burning a hole in his pocket. Has something happened to his head? What?
                      I think he's been spending most of his FG practice time at the bank practicing counting his money in $1, $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 increments.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                        This is true, but didn't he miss a lot of kicks when he was first signed? I seem to recall a video of him missing a FG and Garcia was going ballistic on the sidelines. I think was in 2013?
                        Yes, he had a rough first year in 2014. I think it was between him and Connor Barth after Prater was let go. McManus was cut for missing kicks.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...randon-mcmanus
                        sigpic

Comment

This is why I was so against giving him the extension. Because now Elway feels a little more obligated to get him to work through it.

Most other teams in the league would cut a player by now after starting the season 4 for 9.

But when you give him $4mil for the season it hurts more to cut him this soon.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't think the FO saw this regression coming. McManus was near perfect in the preseason, and then also had a solid year last season. but it is time to be concerned.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

If I was McManus I would be on the Practice Field 24-7 trying to get my MOJO back. Practice makes perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X