Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were The Broncos and AFC West Overrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were The Broncos and AFC West Overrated?

Let me premise with this....

IT IS TOO EARLY TO MAKE FORMAL CONCLUSIONS

But it is never too early or late for sports fans to discuss any sports topic!!:thumb:

OK......yesterday. Hmmmm. Not much more to say than, many of us felt that a 2 TD win would have been modest given home field, our D, their incompetence/injuries. So The Giants actually swung this thing 4 TDs in the other direction. To sum it up....we were bad.

Our Broncos are 3 and 2, which is no reason to jump into the wagon and leave town. But, losing like we did yesterday has obviously got the alarm bells ringing, and I suspect we will drop a lot in the rankings. We should. It's a loss that makes no sense. Sometimes you lose to the underdog, but usually the game ends up close.

Along this train of thought, The AFC West is not quite living up to date, given some folks were thinking 3 playoff teams from this one division. But let me temper things as follows.....I believe KC is for real, and losing to The Steelers the way they did, is not a huge issue. They lost yes, but Brown's TD was a fluke (and good concentration), and I still think Pittsburgh has enough talent to make the playoffs.

Oakland on the other hand is struggling. Sure, Carr got injured again, but I am not sensing a team with good chemistry right now. And we all know that last year, their D was suspect, outside of one super talented player.

If anything The Chargers are a better team than their record. They lost their first two games, but both were winnable near the end, had their young kicker been more accurate.

Which brings us to the next segment of this thread.....our next 4 games. If yesterday is to be forgiven, we need to make amends quickly, because we have 3 in a row on the road - The Chargers, Eagles and KC. Not easy! Then we come home to await The Pats. I expect us to win that game, but all in all, the next 4 games will be telling. We might be the underdog in 3 of those games, and that's ok. But it will require a much better team to show up.

And The AFC West needs to show up, because at this point, only 1 of the teams looks like a contender.

Honestly, I think this is just a strange year in the NFL. Stranger than normal that is. To me there isn't a single team that is a clear cut above the rest of the pact. Let alone a few teams that are. I still have no idea who is real and who isn't. One week, teams are looking like the worst team in the NFL while the next they appear to be one of the best. There are many examples of that taking place so far this year.

Comment

The AFC West was absolutely overrated going into the season. Denver and LA were both big question marks and the Raiders had a bunch of red flags that people ignored. The Raiders were 9-2 in one score games last year and needed the top turnover differential in the league to do it. Those two things are very tough to replicate for a second straight year. And also remember the "Riverboat Jack" deal with him constantly making risky decisions that paid off, eventually that's going to go the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
        Honestly, I think this is just a strange year in the NFL. Stranger than normal that is. To me there isn't a single team that is a clear cut above the rest of the pact. Let alone a few teams that are. I still have no idea who is real and who isn't. One week, teams are looking like the worst team in the NFL while the next they appear to be one of the best. There are many examples of that taking place so far this year.
        Since the salary cap really set in, this is the story EVERY year. December separates and all we're doing now is getting in position to make the run. The schedule makers really didn't do us any favors with all these home games to start the season because now we have more away games at crunch time. And in case you haven't noticed, we have a losing record on the road the last 2 years.

Comment

We control our destiny. I am not worried about a loss to an NFC team. Whats important is we win out Divisional games.

Comment

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
            We control our destiny. I am not worried about a loss to an NFC team. Whats important is we win out Divisional games.
            We just didn't lose to an NFC team....we just got whipped by the worst team in football! That's something to worry about IMO.
            sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
            Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
            PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Well the giants were a crap shoot, this was the first game where the play calling was handed over to the OC, this was also there 5h reshuffle of there OL in 6 games, but we still should have played better and that is on coaching for not having your team ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                We just didn't lose to an NFC team....we just got whipped by the worst team in football! That's something to worry about IMO.
                If you think they're the worst team in football you should watch more of the NFL...

Comment

If you think they're the worst team in football you should watch more of the NFL...
                  Ok so the Giants are the 3rd worse team in football. Not much different from the Browns and the 49ers. The Giants are still real bad and we got whipped by them.
                  sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                  Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                  PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

I think the only team overrated was the Raiders. Nobody thought Denver would do much (outside of Denver). Kansas City has been fantastic and lived up to the preseason hype. The Raiders are the one team people thought could get to the Superbowl, and it doesn't look like they are at the same level as the Chiefs.

Comment

Ok so the Giants are the 3rd worse team in football. Not much different from the Browns and the 49ers. The Giants are still real bad and we got whipped by them.
                      It's the NFL. It happens. Especially when you have an offense as inept as ours going against a team with a bunch of play making defenders. Whether or not they're an awful team, they have a handful of very good players and those players made big plays. We had one player make big plays and that was DT. Although I will add that for all of the "sky is falling for our defense" type of people, the no fly zone didn't give up much at all. The linebackers couldn't cover engram and even he only had 5 catches. The one on a safety was actually not that bad of coverage, it was just a perfectly executed rub and pass.
                      Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 10-16-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

It is hard to say who is over-rated and who is under-rated because every team expected to lead has had a bad week. The Patriots struggled yet again against the Jets. Atlanta lets Miami come back 3-scores. Pittsburgh lost a stinker last weekend. Green Bay probably just lost their season. Oakland cannot buy a win. And Houston may have found a QB.

None of this makes any sense-- but maybe that is why it is happening?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                          It is hard to say who is over-rated and who is under-rated because every team expected to lead has had a bad week. The Patriots struggled yet again against the Jets. Atlanta lets Miami come back 3-scores. Pittsburgh lost a stinker last weekend. Green Bay probably just lost their season. Oakland cannot buy a win. And Houston may have found a QB.

None of this makes any sense-- but maybe that is why it is happening?
                          I think we all agree....strange(r) things!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I think we all agree....strange(r) things!

Yes. But more importantly, can't wait!

Comment

No, I don't think so, theyre not the Browns and were contenders only last season and they still have a SB veteran QB. They were desperate and focused and stepped up. It would be something else if we lost to a team that was a perennial loser and which was playing badly against us and we still lose. That wasn't the case last night.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X