Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were The Broncos and AFC West Overrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Its a terrible division. Look at the struggle the Chargers had at home to the 0-11 Browns, that game going deep into the 4th. The same can be said with the Raiders, they play a team with the 3rd worst record in football starting Geno Smith and its a back and forth game all the way to the end.

The AFC have 3 good teams IMO, NE, Pitts, and the Jags........ the Titans are OK

After that no one else deserves to be in the playoffs

Leave a comment:

• Chronoless
    replied
    No because the strength of the division is base on last season record. It just turns out, the Raiders regress, the Chiefs Regressed, Chargers are the Chargers and We Suck.

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    OK.....KC loses again, at home. Not one AFC West team over 500 after this week.

UGLY!!
    well this coming up week 1 will be over .500, Because KC play Oak this coming up week, one of the team has to win.
    Last edited by Chronoless; 12-03-2017, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Regardless, The Chargers are the best team in The AFC West, and I see them winning the division at 9 and 7. And though that is not impressive, they are on a roll and could become dangerous in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    OK.....KC loses again, at home. Not one AFC West team over 500 after this week.

UGLY!!

Leave a comment:

• kevlar441
    replied
    There are no true POWERHOUSES in the entire NFL right now. K.C. and Philly each have one loss. 13 other teams have 2. Denver is one of those teams that has 2.

This early in the season, it is easy to focus on weaknesses. Flip it around and focus on potential. Some of these teams have it and some do not. Denver has it but it is a coin flip as to whether they can pull it together this year or not.

AFC-West, AFC, NFC - this is a crap shoot right now. Can young teams with young coaches win it all this year? I do not know. I tend to bet on teams with strong Defenses to carry their teams through growing pains. However, the Super Bowl is a long way away - and it tends to be won by experienced teams and coaches that have weathered the storm before.

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    After Week 2 three AFCW teams were 2-0 and thus the talking heads and fans declared (prematurely) that this was the "best division in football." That always happens despite the fact that situations can and do change pretty fast!

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
    We just didn't lose to an NFC team....we just got whipped by the worst team in football! That's something to worry about IMO.
    No, I don't think so, theyre not the Browns and were contenders only last season and they still have a SB veteran QB. They were desperate and focused and stepped up. It would be something else if we lost to a team that was a perennial loser and which was playing badly against us and we still lose. That wasn't the case last night.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I think we all agree....strange(r) things!

Yes. But more importantly, can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Honestly, I think this is just a strange year in the NFL. Stranger than normal that is. To me there isn't a single team that is a clear cut above the rest of the pact. Let alone a few teams that are. I still have no idea who is real and who isn't. One week, teams are looking like the worst team in the NFL while the next they appear to be one of the best. There are many examples of that taking place so far this year.
    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    It is hard to say who is over-rated and who is under-rated because every team expected to lead has had a bad week. The Patriots struggled yet again against the Jets. Atlanta lets Miami come back 3-scores. Pittsburgh lost a stinker last weekend. Green Bay probably just lost their season. Oakland cannot buy a win. And Houston may have found a QB.

None of this makes any sense-- but maybe that is why it is happening?
    I think we all agree....strange(r) things!

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    It is hard to say who is over-rated and who is under-rated because every team expected to lead has had a bad week. The Patriots struggled yet again against the Jets. Atlanta lets Miami come back 3-scores. Pittsburgh lost a stinker last weekend. Green Bay probably just lost their season. Oakland cannot buy a win. And Houston may have found a QB.

None of this makes any sense-- but maybe that is why it is happening?

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Ok so the Giants are the 3rd worse team in football. Not much different from the Browns and the 49ers. The Giants are still real bad and we got whipped by them.
    It's the NFL. It happens. Especially when you have an offense as inept as ours going against a team with a bunch of play making defenders. Whether or not they're an awful team, they have a handful of very good players and those players made big plays. We had one player make big plays and that was DT. Although I will add that for all of the "sky is falling for our defense" type of people, the no fly zone didn't give up much at all. The linebackers couldn't cover engram and even he only had 5 catches. The one on a safety was actually not that bad of coverage, it was just a perfectly executed rub and pass.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 10-16-2017, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBrian
    replied
    I think the only team overrated was the Raiders. Nobody thought Denver would do much (outside of Denver). Kansas City has been fantastic and lived up to the preseason hype. The Raiders are the one team people thought could get to the Superbowl, and it doesn't look like they are at the same level as the Chiefs.

Leave a comment:

• Assassin27
    replied
    Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    If you think they're the worst team in football you should watch more of the NFL...
    Ok so the Giants are the 3rd worse team in football. Not much different from the Browns and the 49ers. The Giants are still real bad and we got whipped by them.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    We just didn't lose to an NFC team....we just got whipped by the worst team in football! That's something to worry about IMO.
    If you think they're the worst team in football you should watch more of the NFL...

Leave a comment:

• Jokers
    replied
    Well the giants were a crap shoot, this was the first game where the play calling was handed over to the OC, this was also there 5h reshuffle of there OL in 6 games, but we still should have played better and that is on coaching for not having your team ready.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X