Barbre to start at RT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbre to start at RT

Klis and other just tweeted that Barbre is in. Both Watson and Stephenson are out with injuries. The good news is he probably can't be worse in pass protection than those two. However, I question how good a lineman he is considering he couldn't definitively beat out Garcia for LG.
    Last edited by gerontion; 10-20-2017, 10:37 AM.

Thank God. Time to see how Barbre holds up after this Ferris wheel of failures at the RT. He held up fairly well in the Cowboys game at LT so hopefully he'll do well at RT
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

It took way to long to make this move. I can now hopefully see a jelled and much better O-Line moving forward. This is the best news I have heard in a long time.

Comment

Lost Corey Nelson for the year too... Bringing in Bowman seems like it could have been a good idea for some depth ><

Comment

I pray this is the year denver drafts a ILB with their first. I know RT and LG are prob where we would spend it but I miss having s dominate LB core. Remember the days when we had Al Wilson or Ian Gold and DJ Williams. Now imagine if we drafted a ILB to to pair with Ray, Marshall, and Von.

Comment

Didn't he get destroyed by snacks Harrison all game and I'm I confusing him with someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
              Didn't he get destroyed by snacks Harrison all game and I'm I confusing him with someone else?
              Garcia, Paradis, and Barbre all struggled with him. That's a big guy who anchors their defense. Stretch runs to set up inside runs would've been nice. But Barbre won't have to deal with that kind of strength at OT and he's quicker than Watson. But it's totally different playing outside, he did pretty good for the Eagles last year. If he looks good this week against Ingram and Bosa hopefully they'll keep him there and put Watson at LG. That would give us an intimidating interior.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                Garcia, Paradis, and Barbre all struggled with him. That's a big guy who anchors their defense. Stretch runs to set up inside runs would've been nice. But Barbre won't have to deal with that kind of strength at OT and he's quicker than Watson. But it's totally different playing outside, he did pretty good for the Eagles last year. If he looks good this week against Ingram and Bosa hopefully they'll keep him there and put Watson at LG. That would give us an intimidating interior.
                When Bolles went out against Dallas, Barbre did well at LT.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                  Lost Corey Nelson for the year too... Bringing in Bowman seems like it could have been a good idea for some depth ><
                  Bowman didn’t want to be depth. That was the main reason he left the 49ers.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                    That's one of those losses that might be more significant than it appears, especially with him being a core special teams player.

Jerrol Garcia-Williams has been promoted from the practice squad, rookie LB from Hawaii.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...9-85f09f4cdbc3

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                      I pray this is the year denver drafts a ILB with their first. I know RT and LG are prob where we would spend it but I miss having s dominate LB core. Remember the days when we had Al Wilson or Ian Gold and DJ Williams. Now imagine if we drafted a ILB to to pair with Ray, Marshall, and Von.
                      Which do we need more? an ILB or a QB? I'm leaning towards QB being a pressing need at this point.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well it certainly seemed to work for the Giants to shake up their offensive line with mostly the same players & some bench players. They help up really well against our D.
                        Bronco Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bfallona View Post
                          Well it certainly seemed to work for the Giants to shake up their offensive line with mostly the same players & some bench players. They help up really well against our D.
                          I mean, part of that is that we haven't had a pass rush all season... Lets see how they do this week vs the Legion of Boom....

I do think that Barbre will do well at RT. I think he's an improvement over Stephenson and maybe even Watson, Garcia isn't great, but he'll be serviceable as a guard. The only real question is how poor our tackle depth is now...

I do think this will end up being a big improvement for the o-line though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Stephenson has a torn calf, sounds like he may end up on IR. Rumors have the Broncos talking to the Bills about a trade for a RT.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              Which do we need more? an ILB or a QB? I'm leaning towards QB being a pressing need at this point.
                              But barring us trading up taking a QB would leave us in the same spot were in now; waiting for our young QB to develop. I like the idea of signing a guy like Alex Smith if he gets cut or Teddy Bridgewater if the Vikings let him walk, maybe even McCarron/Dalton depending on what the Bengals do there.

Brett Hundley should be a guy to watch to see if he improves the rest of the season for us IMO. He has loads of talent and can take his lumps now with the Packers, and then going into 18 season he'll be on the last year of his rookie deal so the packers might be willing to move him to get draft capital in return.

Comment

Working...
                              X