No announcement yet.

Soon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to pretend that the o-line is playing well, because they're not. Still, Trevor is making bad throws and bad reads consistently. I get that we don't have a good o-line, but I'm not going to pretend that it's all the o-lines fault and Trevor has no recourse. He consistently over throws, under throws or throws into tight double coverage. He does not read defenses well and does not adjust to anything.

We can blame coaching, but I highly doubt coaches are telling him to make horrible throws into coverage. If you believe he needs to be constantly groomed by coaches, then he probably isn't the guy. if you believe he's "shell shocked" by the o-line, then he probably isn't the guy.

He has had plenty of chances to make throws. Let's not pretend that it's completely impossible for him to make any sort of throw because of the line. Yes, the line is not good, but there have been many. many throws that he could/should make that he fully misses or makes the wrong read.

There's a reason why he threw more picks than TDs in college. He is not good at making good reads and makes poor throws to boot.

I really liked the kid, I really did. Unfortunately, it has become painfully obvious that he is not a starting caliber QB.

This team has no shot with the offense as it is. I would much rather put in Paxton as soon as he's healthy to see if we have anything in him and then decide what we need to do next year at QB.

I know, "it doesn't matter who you put pack there with this o-line". Sure, but I think you can see if a guy has any sort of ability even with this o-line. A capable QB can still make reads, adjustment, and throws.
    sigpic

Comment

Paxton's a much better fit for what we are doing with our offense right now. He is a spread QB after all.

Elway clearly brought in McCoy to run the spread because he was thinking about Lynch's future

Comment

The issue is, when will Lynch be healthy enough to take over for a full week?

We also need to trade for some OL help, just don't trade a 1st or 2nd round (as they may be very high) - anything else should be available. Stop being cheap - with the short window on our D, we need to so something soon to help make an impact.

When Lynch is healthy we need to give him the job to earn it with a bit of rope to learn. The amount of time we have given TS would do wonders for Lynch and we would be able to see if he can be a true NFL QB. If he is not healthy, we need to move to Brock - there is no reason to keep putting TS out there, he looks completely lost now and is just throwing the ball up for grabs. I really wanted him to be the one, but I think this stretch has proven he is a below average backup - maybe a great guy, but this is a business as we showed with decisions like the Ward decision and we need to treat the QB position with a similar lens.

Comment

Originally posted by brutledge79 View Post
          Time to trade for some proper O Linemen and throw Brock in. If Brock isn't getting it done, then go to Paxton. If Paxton looks bad, then go to Kelly if he's healthy enough. After today's performance, this season is a complete failure so far. Broncos Country deserves better than this. What an embarrassing performance. Siemian should never see the field again in Orange and Blue, dude is worthless.
          I agree we need OL help but I disagree that Trevor is as bad as you're stating. He is bad..just not THAT bad.

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
          At this point, with the O line play, it won't matter who the QB is. Our pass protection is abysmal.
          I agree but we certainly do have enough time to allow for a 5-6 yard play to develop.

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
          Teams know Siemian can't hit a wide open receivers now so they sell out for the run. Hard for any lineman to block when the other team knows you can't throw
          ^This. You nailed it. I believe Trevor is playing scared. He is selling out his first read maybe two and if they are not there he buckles. That or he tries to bullet a pass into multiple coverage if he thinks even the smallest window is open there. Remember he has two issues (among many) contributing to this. 1. he gets a tremendous number of balls batted down and 2. he is often over compensating for pressure and thus misses reads all together. Once we get a QB in there who forces teams to play that middle section of the field we will have less pressure on the QB and the run game will likely come back.

Comment

Originally posted by brutledge79 View Post
            Time to trade for some proper O Linemen and throw Brock in. If Brock isn't getting it done, then go to Paxton. If Paxton looks bad, then go to Kelly if he's healthy enough. After today's performance, this season is a complete failure so far. Broncos Country deserves better than this. What an embarrassing performance. Siemian should never see the field again in Orange and Blue, dude is worthless.
            Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
            I'm not going to pretend that the o-line is playing well, because they're not. Still, Trevor is making bad throws and bad reads consistently. I get that we don't have a good o-line, but I'm not going to pretend that it's all the o-lines fault and Trevor has no recourse. He consistently over throws, under throws or throws into tight double coverage. He does not read defenses well and does not adjust to anything.

We can blame coaching, but I highly doubt coaches are telling him to make horrible throws into coverage. If you believe he needs to be constantly groomed by coaches, then he probably isn't the guy. if you believe he's "shell shocked" by the o-line, then he probably isn't the guy.

He has had plenty of chances to make throws. Let's not pretend that it's completely impossible for him to make any sort of throw because of the line. Yes, the line is not good, but there have been many. many throws that he could/should make that he fully misses or makes the wrong read.

There's a reason why he threw more picks than TDs in college. He is not good at making good reads and makes poor throws to boot.

I really liked the kid, I really did. Unfortunately, it has become painfully obvious that he is not a starting caliber QB.

This team has no shot with the offense as it is. I would much rather put in Paxton as soon as he's healthy to see if we have anything in him and then decide what we need to do next year at QB.

I know, "it doesn't matter who you put pack there with this o-line". Sure, but I think you can see if a guy has any sort of ability even with this o-line. A capable QB can still make reads, adjustment, and throws.
            Per the bolded text a perfect example is the overthrow to a wide open CJ Anderson. He didn't just overthrow it he put the ball 2+ feet over CJ's head. Also CJ was wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
              Per the bolded text a perfect example is the overthrow to a wide open CJ Anderson. He didn't just overthrow it he put the ball 2+ feet over CJ's head. Also CJ was wide open.
              Another frustrating one was the wide open Virgil Green that he drastically under threw. Those are the moments that can open up a game. The plays are there - he's not making them.
              sigpic

Comment

Soon Gary kubiak will be choosing and deciding on which offensive personnel to draft but something tells me that he'll be bringing guys to fit a zone scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  Soon Gary kubiak will be choosing and deciding on which offensive personnel to draft but something tells me that he'll be bringing guys to fit a zone scheme.
                  Now why would he do that when he has no say in what style the rushing game will be?

Few were happy with the offense last year under Kubiak and a large part of that boiled down to talent not fitting the game plan. Intentionally trying to push players not suited to what the offense is under VJ and McCoy would be both selfish and stupid and probably cost him his job which he seems to be very happy with.

Kubiak may well be passionate and strong willed but selfish seems beyond the pale. And to jeopardize his position that lets him still be in the football world with much less stress and responsibility evaluating talent not yet spoiled makes no sense.

Comment

So How Many Years Now Have We Known The O Line Is Questionable?

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                    Looks like he will but it won’t matter because he will get destroyed as well. Our oline is terrible
                    Its been quite a while, at least three years. What have we done about it. We bandaged it together and tried to save a nickle by picking up a retreads.I do like Bolles and Paradis , about it. Our offense lacks any kind of leadership and until that happens lackluster play will continue.

Comment

Working...
                    X