Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
    1) Let Trevor play until we get a healthy RT
    2) When RT is healthy, bench Trevor and let Paxton Play.
    3) Attempt to Trade DT, Talib and CJA for draft picks.
    4) Figure out if we have anything in booker or not
    5) Figure out how to cover TE's or get people via draft or trade who can.
    6) Have a come to jesus meeting with Vance and make him understand that back to back weeks of garbage football that so offensive my TV was embarrassed to broadcast it to my eyes is completely unacceptable. I don't care how many injuries you have. Where are the turnovers? Where are the junk time points? Where is the Kicking and screaming Elway demands from his teams during losses?
    I agree here too! VJ is too soft and needs to learn to make decisions quicker and be very concerned about losses!! Every loss should make a new coach's seat get a little hotter, VJ has been letting this season slip away like he has a free pass. Someone, <cough>Elway</cough> needs to get in his face and tell him to act like a HC. I'm not buying this "leader of men" crap when the games are fraught with penalties and embarrassment after embarrassment.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• We should pay out to solidify the line, plain and simple. No draft picks. Been there done that. Fish for a veteran QB, let our current guys [Paxton] get a shot

Draft a WR high. like first round high. I said this last year. McCoy is uncreative. He can't run an offense without killer talent. We play 3 WRs at once and use Derby as a WR because our other WRs are so bad.

We SHOULD HAVE signed Robert Woods like I said too

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
        After this season:

1. Draft a RT

2. Draft a RG (move Leary back to his natural LG position)

3. Leave other teams trash with those other teams (release Donald Stephenson & Menelik Watson)

4. Draft more quality o-linemen for depth.

5. Let Lynch and Kelly battle for starting QB (release Siemian & Oz...possibly draft QB and sign a 'quality' vet)
        We have cash though. We could get a Leary quality RT if we pay up. We can't ignore the rest of the team's future to fix the oline. The rest of the team will fall behind. Our WRs are old. We need a LB. Talib is scary aging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          Yep, when we constantly hear how good the practices are, but then they never translate to game time, you have to wonder what these coaches are seeing that makes them go "we're ready to compete". First the Special teams stunk, then the offense, now the defense is having problems, so you have a whole team suffering in all phases. I can't put it all on the talent. The seat should be a little warm from here on out.
          Exactly "oh man, we're practicing so well, I just don't get it" and that's why you are failing miserably as a coach VJ. You don't get it, you don't know X's and O's, you aren't doing anything to light a fire under McCoy's ass since he's the next in line to "get it" as the OC.

I think first things first, jettison McCoy, let Musgrave take over the offense, if the team begins to improve and we finish 8-8 or better, give VJ another season with a proper coaching staff. If we still can't get it figured out with another OC, fire VJ and the majority of the coaching staff and start fresh.
          sigpic

Comment

• The big problem is that Paxton will never get the help he needs from Mike McCoy, and never will any other draft pick QB

McCoy is a perfect Peyton Manning offense babysitter but he will not develop anything

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Exactly "oh man, we're practicing so well, I just don't get it" and that's why you are failing miserably as a coach VJ. You don't get it, you don't know X's and O's, you aren't doing anything to light a fire under McCoy's ass since he's the next in line to "get it" as the OC.

I think first things first, jettison McCoy, let Musgrave take over the offense, if the team begins to improve and we finish 8-8 or better, give VJ another season with a proper coaching staff. If we still can't get it figured out with another OC, fire VJ and the majority of the coaching staff and start fresh.
              We can't run out McCoy in the middle of the season but I think we really need to to see what talent we actually have

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                We just need to run the table for the next 10 games.

3-13 should get us a Top 3 pick and a franchise quarterback.
                Brock will play probably 3 more games to make sure the nail is in the coffin, then we'll have to see Paxton in to solidify the top draft pick. Sad that Paxton is this bad after two years, he can't even be a backup other than paper.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                  We can't run out McCoy in the middle of the season but I think we really need to to see what talent we actually have
                  Firing the OC is usually the first thing to happen in these situations. we can and absolutely should toss McCoy out on his butt.
                  sigpic

Comment

Firing the OC is usually the first thing to happen in these situations. we can and absolutely should toss McCoy out on his butt.
                    Just seems like he has too good of a relationship with Elway for that. I agree though

Comment

• Jared Goff was hit 0 times in yesterday's game, playing in the rain in an away game. It is amazing what a good OL can do! We need to get some OL depth next draft!

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                        Giants looking at possible change at qb. Does Manning have enough at 36 to help change the broncos?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ts-look-future
                        I don't see Eli playing anywhere big brother played and following in his footsteps.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                          Jared Goff was hit 0 times in yesterday's game, playing in the rain in an away game. It is amazing what a good OL can do! We need to get some OL depth next draft!
                          And Carson Wentz was sacked twice (and is only a few sacks and QB hits behind us for the year) and look what he did. It's not all about having a good o-line. It's about having a QB with a smart head on his shoulders and players that can actually execute the gameplan.
                          sigpic

Comment

And Carson Wentz was sacked twice (and is only a few sacks and QB hits behind us for the year) and look what he did. It's not all about having a good o-line. It's about having a QB with a smart head on his shoulders and players that can actually execute the gameplan.
                            Although I am sure we all will agree that we'd love a top tier Oline, I get what you are saying about having QB smarts. You watch Wentz and you see someone who has many options in his mind, as each situation presents itself. Guys like him, and of course, all of the good ones, can make something out of nothing. Trevor does not see the field the same way, and both him and Brock are scary under pressure.

As an aside, it sure looks like the Wentz/Goff draft was based on real talent after all. These guys clearly have mental and physical skills to offer. Not sure if at least 2 or 3 of our current QB group can say the same. Not even sure about all 4.

Comment

• Critical we get some OLine coaching help. Bring in several new OLine coaches who had a rep of teaching and get that line playing as a unit.
                              Next get a QB coach.
                              Finally, trade Thomas for a decent "backup" calibre QB who can get us through this heck till we draft the future

Comment

• Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
                                Critical we get some OLine coaching help. Bring in several new OLine coaches who had a rep of teaching and get that line playing as a unit.
                                Next get a QB coach.
                                Finally, trade Thomas for a decent "backup" calibre QB who can get us through this heck till we draft the future
                                There is one way out of this but first off let me say that John Elway is 100% at fault for this debacle.

His draft picks on offense have been a huge failure however he is great for the defense, stick to what works and play to your strength. Go out and find someone to draft on offense, give up all offensive scouting responsibilities that he has placed on himself and allow someone else this feat.

My proposal would be to bring in someone like John Harbaugh. Give up all offensive decision making including offensive personnel to John Harbaugh.

Allow John Harbaugh to run the offense while Elway runs the defense?

I'm not saying it'd have to be john Harbaugh but don't make the same mistakes shanahan made. Don't be the control freak (Jerry Jones/al Davis) stick to your strength and bring in an aggressive coach on offense that will hold guys accountable but also allow him to chose his own personnel...

How hard can that be???
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X