No announcement yet.

What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about we put some glue on our RBs hands and Run, Run, Run, Punt, Let the Defense win us the games. lulz. Or we can just add everybody's DBs cause they are better receivers for our team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      Well step 1 is to start drinking heavily
      Now that I have that covered, now what???

Comment

• Get rid of Oz and eliminate the bad juju that the Browns are sending our way...
        sigpic

Comment

• Screw it, lose out and hope for top 5 pick.....

Comment

• For this season, it's time to start looking at other offensive players. It's over, we don't need to try and rescue the season - we're not going to the playoffs, so you might as well blow it up and see what you have.

I'd like to see McGovern starting at RG and Leary starting at LG. RT is a mess, but if McGovern can pan out, we only have one hole to fill on the line in the offseason. If McGovern doesn't pan out, then we need a G and a T

We need to stop it with the whole protecting paxton narrative. I don't care if the coaches think he's ready. It's not like the coaches are really trust worthy at this point anyway. get the kid out there and give him a significant amount of starts to see if he's even worth keeping. I get that he hasn't looked great so far, but he's had limited real game time. If he shows no spark or signs of playmaking ability, then we know Kelly will be in the mix next year.

Let's get some other young guys playing to see what we really have: Henderson, Walker, etc. This is officially about next year, this year is done.

In the offseason, dump Oz and perhaps trade/cut Pax if he's shown no signs. Siemian is on a cheap rookie contract and can be a viable backup for next year. Bring in a vet FA (or maybe even some blockbuster for Cousins) and draft at least one more QB

Re evaluate the coaching staff. I personally think the lot of them can go. Oliva and VJ are embarrassing. McCoy isn't impressive either. Musgrave might be a decent OC.

Please, for the love of all that is right in this world have a decent draft. We need a QB and a T to pan out at the very least. Defense is still viable, so I personally believe offense needs to be the priority.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if we trade ANY offensive player.
            sigpic

Comment

• Are we all on board in saying that this can't be fixed in one off-season?

If that's the case I say blow the team up and rebuild. Start with a Qb first...then ol and slowly get the pieces around that qb to be effective. I wouldn't mind a top tier rb as well.

Who was the last great rb we had? Portis? A good rb takes a lot of pressure off of a Qb. Yeah we got a lot of needs to fill and none of them is getting younger.

Keep Miller, Ray, Wolfe, Harris, Roby will have to step up and be a 2 CB, Paradis, Booker, Sanders...Butt, and the rest is expendable.

Main thing is we need an identity on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively we need an identity too. The no fly zone was it but we need some fresh players some new ideas. What we had was good while it lasted now a new direction is a must.
              :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                There is one way out of this but first off let me say that John Elway is 100% at fault for this debacle.

His draft picks on offense have been a huge failure however he is great for the defense, stick to what works and play to your strength. Go out and find someone to draft on offense, give up all offensive scouting responsibilities that he has placed on himself and allow someone else this feat.

My proposal would be to bring in someone like John Harbaugh. Give up all offensive decision making including offensive personnel to John Harbaugh.

Allow John Harbaugh to run the offense while Elway runs the defense?

I'm not saying it'd have to be john Harbaugh but don't make the same mistakes shanahan made. Don't be the control freak (Jerry Jones/al Davis) stick to your strength and bring in an aggressive coach on offense that will hold guys accountable but also allow him to chose his own personnel...

How hard can that be???
                I'd actually be on board with that. If you look at the drafting and offensive players we'very taken very few have panned out. Something in the scouting or something in Elway is missing in these picks. Hence the product on the field is lacking.

We have no identity. We can't maul over anybody running the ball. We can't pass the ball with no Qb. Mainly due to an inept Oline we put together which I think Elway played the cap on the most important aspect of the game. It's always won in the trenches.

Either Elway needs a consultant on that side of the ball or he needs to hire an offensive minded coach. Not sure what the VJ hire was looking back in hindsight because he was a DB's coach. We were already set in that part of the game.

Anyways good idea Sam will CP when I get to desktop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                  I'd actually be on board with that. If you look at the drafting and offensive players we'very taken very few have panned out. Something in the scouting or something in Elway is missing in these picks. Hence the product on the field is lacking.

We have no identity. We can't maul over anybody running the ball. We can't pass the ball with no Qb. Mainly due to an inept Oline we put together which I think Elway played the cap on the most important aspect of the game. It's always won in the trenches.

Either Elway needs a consultant on that side of the ball or he needs to hire an offensive minded coach. Not sure what the VJ hire was looking back in hindsight because he was a DB's coach. We were already set in that part of the game.

Anyways good idea Sam will CP when I get to desktop.
                  Thanks can you make a good point I mean if you are an opposing defensive coordinator, do you see anybody on the Broncos offense that would scare you? Most likely not and thst is because we don't have that aggressive play calling coach.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks can you make a good point I mean if you are an opposing defensive coordinator, do you see anybody on the Broncos offense that would scare you? Most likely not and thst is because we don't have that aggressive play calling coach.
                    Honestly no...which is why I would seriously think of blowing up the offense and starting over. Qb and OL the rest will follow. We don't have a group on offense that will worry you.

Rbs are hit and miss

Wrs don't have a Qb that can get them the ball consistently

No Te that can dominate over the middle.

Ol gets pushed around constant it's just a mess.

I sat like Elway in the press box at the Chiefs game all yesterday watching the Eagles carve us up. Read that we put butt on IR with Kelly...expected but wished we could have got a look at Butt. This off-season will be an interesting one indeed.

Comment

• The next steps? Here is a plan:

1. Strip Vance Joseph of just about everything and tell him to stop saying stupid things in press conferences. He is 1 year into a 4 year deal, so we cannot afford to fire him. But we can hand things over to McCoy and VJ can be a puppet.
                      2. Get Lynch some starting reps and see what we have. See if he is worth or earns a spot in camp to compete next Spring.
                      3. Move up in the draft to get a legitimate QB contender. If needed, trade Von Miller to do it. We have Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray, and the best player available DeMarcus Walker. We cannot keep them all and as much as Miller is awesome, he is the collateral that will get us a top-3 pick. Shaq Barrett's rookie deal comes to an end and we cannot keep them all.
                      4. Renegotiate DT's contract or trade him for another high pick he is overpaid and his production sucks for his salary (even though we have no one to throw it to him).
                      5. Get a legitimate RT and LG. This could mean getting a LT and moving Bolles to RT.
                      6. Draft a WR.
                      7. Talib should stay and play out his contract through 2019. There are too many holes on offense to plug them in the defense too. Talib is slowing and getting long in the tooth. I think a lot of people are over-valuing an old CB that is a challenging personality on and off the field. Keep him around and maybe have him be the 3rd CB instead of Roby.
                      8. Joe Ellis needs to have a meeting with Elway and set milestone performance goals. I think no one bleeds orange like Elway and I cannot think of anyone more Denver Broncos than Elway. But, let's face it-- this team sucks because of his decisions. It is looking clearer every day that the last 2 Super Bowls might of been a lot more about Payton Manning than John Elway. Nevertheless, there is nothing wrong with setting performance expectations just like many of the rest of us do in our jobs. Elway has had a lot of latitude and gone unquestioned. I think it is time for Ellis to hold him more accountable because the poor decisions just keep coming.
                      9. Do not 'blow up' the team. We are only a few key players away from a playoff team. The team is no where near what is was when McDaniels left it.
                      Last edited by Rancid; 11-06-2017, 07:32 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                        The next steps? Here is a plan:

1. Strip Vance Joseph of just about everything and tell him to stop saying stupid things in press conferences. He is 1 year into a 4 year deal, so we cannot afford to fire him. But we can hand things over to McCoy and VJ can be a puppet.
                        2. Get Lynch some starting reps and see what we have. See if he is worth or earns a spot in camp to compete next Spring.
                        3. Move up in the draft to get a legitimate QB contender. If needed, trade Von Miller to do it. We have Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray, and the best player available DeMarcus Walker. We cannot keep them all and as much as Miller is awesome, he is the collateral that will get us a top-3 pick. Shaq Barrett's rookie deal comes to an end and we cannot keep them all.
                        4. Renegotiate DT's contract or trade him for another high pick he is overpaid and his production sucks for his salary (even though we have no one to throw it to him).
                        5. Get a legitimate RT and LG. This could mean getting a LT and moving Bolles to RT.
                        6. Draft a WR.
                        7. Talib should stay and play out his contract through 2019. There are too many holes on offense to plug them in the defense too. Talib is slowing and getting long in the tooth. I think a lot of people are over-valuing an old CB that is a challenging personality on and off the field. Keep him around and maybe have him be the 3rd CB instead of Roby.
                        8. Joe Ellis needs to have a meeting with Elway and set milestone performance goals. I think no one bleeds orange like Elway and I cannot think of anyone more Denver Broncos than Elway. But, let's face it-- this team sucks because of his decisions. It is looking clearer every day that the last 2 Super Bowls might of been a lot more about Payton Manning than John Elway. Nevertheless, there is nothing wrong with setting performance expectations just like many of the rest of us do in our jobs. Elway has had a lot of latitude and gone unquestioned. I think it is time for Ellis to hold him more accountable because the poor decisions just keep coming.
                        9. Do not 'blow up' the team. We are only a few key players away from a playoff team. The team is no where near what is was when McDaniels left it.
                        I'll grant you that we got to SB 48 mainly because of Manning's Star Wars offense, but to give Manning credit for SB 50 is flat out incorrect. We won that SB despite Manning's incredibly poor play. It wasn't just about Wade Phillips, either. Elway picked him up off the scrap heap and gave him a dream team to work with. Elway deserves massive credit for SB 50.

Second, you say the team sucks because of Elway, but then say we're only a few players away from playoff contention. You say the team isn't nearly as bad as when McDaniels left. Gee, who rebuilt the Broncos after McDummy went away? Who's responsible for the team only being a couple pieces short?

Comment

• The Problem with drafting a QB this year is there isn't a Carson Wentz.

Rosen and Jax have 1st round grades. But Rosen went to the Cutler personality school and Jax is smallish (injury waiting to happen).

Allen and Darnold look the part and have franchise potential but may not be plug-n-play ready and have some major flaws (meaning taking them in top 10 is a killer if they go bust).

So.... do you simply chase a Brees or Smith and hope for 2-year stopgap. Do you roll dice on AJ? Do you shell out the big bucks for Cousins?

Tough call.

Comment

Get rid of Oz and eliminate the bad juju that the Browns are sending our way...
                            Awesome Post. I lol. Best post of the thread Sam
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Next step:
                              Prepare for Patriots
                              Then, once we have been eliminated from playoff contention find out who can play on this roster:
                              Paxton
                              Deangelo
                              G McGovern - move Leary to LG
                              NT Jarrett - bring him up
                              Demarcus Walker at DE
                              Zaire’s Anderson
                              Jamal Carter at S-LB hybrid
                              Langley & Doss hopefully one of them can step up, next year we need to walk away from Talib and save the $11 million of the $12 mil that will count against our cap

Other cap casualties:
                              Menelik Watson - save $4.7 million
                              C.J. Anderson - $4.5 million
                              Donald Stephenson -cost us $1 million ( money well spent)

As far as QBs go unless we are blessed with a can’t pass on prospect or a Free agent falls out of the sky we have to rebuild our Oline and find our future offensive weapons.

Projected starters next year:

Qb
                              Rb - Booker/ Deangelo
                              Fb - Jano
                              Wr Sanders
                              Wr DT
                              TE Butt
                              Lt Bolles
                              Lg Leary
                              C Paradis
                              Rg
                              Rt

FS Simmons
                              SS Stewart
                              Cb Harris
                              Cb Roby
                              Ilb Marshall
                              Ilb
                              Olb Von
                              Olb Ray
                              De Wolfe
                              NT Peko ( probably will be cut or restructure due to his age)
                              De Gotsis
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                                Now that I have that covered, now what???

Comment

Working...
                                X