X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    We need real ILBs. Elway acts like these are long snappers. Enough of these meh guys who can't cover, blitz, force fumbles, deflect passes, or make impactful plays.

We need a blue chip OT, a new QB, a new coaching staff and 2 ILBs, to go with a cover CB and a SS, a RB, TE, WR, Punter.
    That's not to much to ask. Biggest problem with that is lack of cap space too, not enough room to sign all we need

Leave a comment:

• cthroatgtr
    replied
    Time to face reality, the team actually isn't that good. The offense has been sputtering since the Super Bowl year. Some was Peyton but the cracks have been showing for a while. The talent has fallen off. Most of this is failures in drafting. There have been far more misses than hits and that has caused the team to slip. In particular besides the line, there hasn't been a really good TE or slot receiver for a while. An average QB is going to be worst with limited weapons. Right now it is time to face that Thomas, Sanders, Talib & Harris are not the elite players they once were and with no reinforcements coming, the team has slipped.

I would blow up the scouting department they have missed far too often to stay around.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    I really hope we can run the table and go 3-13. That should get us a top 5...maybe even a top 3...pick.

If we do get a top 3 pick we can deal it to a team hot for a qb but still be high enough for a franchise tackle.

With a franchise tackle we can move Bolles to RT, then sign Cousins or Taylor in the off-season. Then sign a quality guard. With the extra draft picks from the trade we’d start adding tons of depth.

Another upside to losing out is that Elway will fire our clown-car coaching staff and hire John Harbaugh.

That’s my dream scenario.
    I'd love John Harbaugh but that's not happening, at least not this time around.

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
    Sadly, VJ will be here another year or two unless the Bowlen family brings down the hammer on Elway for creating this mess.
    If they lose out then the staff has lost the team. I think you have to fire VJ at that point,

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    We need real ILBs. Elway acts like these are long snappers. Enough of these meh guys who can't cover, blitz, force fumbles, deflect passes, or make impactful plays.

We need a blue chip OT, a new QB, a new coaching staff and 2 ILBs, to go with a cover CB and a SS, a RB, TE, WR, Punter.

Leave a comment:

• DuhMichael
    replied
    "What should the next steps be?" Uhm, dynamite?

Leave a comment:

• AZBobalu
    replied
    Sadly, VJ will be here another year or two unless the Bowlen family brings down the hammer on Elway for creating this mess.

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    I really hope we can run the table and go 3-13. That should get us a top 5...maybe even a top 3...pick.

If we do get a top 3 pick we can deal it to a team hot for a qb but still be high enough for a franchise tackle.

With a franchise tackle we can move Bolles to RT, then sign Cousins or Taylor in the off-season. Then sign a quality guard. With the extra draft picks from the trade we’d start adding tons of depth.

Another upside to losing out is that Elway will fire our clown-car coaching staff and hire John Harbaugh.

That’s my dream scenario.

Leave a comment:

• AZBobalu
    replied
    Not sure if tanking or a top 5 pick is going to help if the front office doesn't know how to scout or draft

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    I think the Kirk Cousins talk needs to be put to bed. He's going to command the highest contract in NFL history in all likelihood. The Broncos aren't going to pay that.

I think a journeyman free agent and draft is likely going to be the route with the quarterback position.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic JS
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Did you see the empty seats today?

Stub hub already has tickets for a ¼ of face.

The fans have given up too. Perfect wake up call to John. I'm sure merchandise and food sales are a trickle too.
    Good. Elways seat needs to be hot too.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    I challenge anybody that has a ticket to the next home game to not even show up. This team is clearly given up why should we care?
    Did you see the empty seats today?

Stub hub already has tickets for a ¼ of face.

The fans have given up too. Perfect wake up call to John. I'm sure merchandise and food sales are a trickle too.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic JS
    replied
    I challenge anybody that has a ticket to the next home game to not even show up. This team is clearly given up why should we care?

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Back up 40 yards on 1st Down and Punt lol !

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Cousin's.... 332 & 3......with a cast of zeros at receiver and zero defense.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X