What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    The Problem with drafting a QB this year is there isn't a Carson Wentz.

Rosen and Jax have 1st round grades. But Rosen went to the Cutler personality school and Jax is smallish (injury waiting to happen).

Allen and Darnold look the part and have franchise potential but may not be plug-n-play ready and have some major flaws (meaning taking them in top 10 is a killer if they go bust).

So.... do you simply chase a Brees or Smith and hope for 2-year stopgap. Do you roll dice on AJ? Do you shell out the big bucks for Cousins?

Tough call.
    Even Wentz wasn't considered an absolute can't miss prospect like Luck. That's the thing. You can never tell with drafted QBs. The question is, are we a QB away from being a contender again? I think we are. In that case, I would go after a good veteran. Cousins is in his prime and would solve our QB problem for the next 7 or 8 years. Still, he not super elite and would cost about 25 million per year. We'd have to sacrifice in other areas. I don't particularly care for Alex Smith, but he is having a great year and he doesn't turn the ball over. He would cost less than Cousins. After that, the pickings are slim. Teddy Bridgewater? AJ McCarron? Meh.

If we draft someone, would it be worth moving to the top of the 1st to get our guy? It was for Philly, but it still cost them two 1st rounders, plus a second, third, and fourth. I like Darnold, Rosen, and Allen, but they all have their warts. One of the dudes at Walterfootball.com has us taking Clayton Thorson in the first round. He seems a more likely candidate to fall to us if we have a top 15 pick.

Comment

• Good news is we may be able to trade up to 1.... Elway has relationship with John Lynch. They just traded for a QB and we should have a top 10 pick too.

Comment

Good news is we may be able to trade up to 1.... Elway has relationship with John Lynch. They just traded for a QB and we should have a top 10 pick too.
        While I doubt Lynch will give us any presents, I do think that because of the relationship he has with Elway that Lynch will give Elway a chance to match any other offers he gets. Thing is, I don't like Rosen and I hear neither do his teammates.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
          While I doubt Lynch will give us any presents, I do think that because of the relationship he has with Elway that Lynch will give Elway a chance to match any other offers he gets. Thing is, I don't like Rosen and I hear neither do his teammates.
          I hear Rosen makes Jay Cutler look like mother Teresa. Not so sure we'd want that guy in orange n blue lol but imagine him jawing at the offensive line...

Comment

• Yeah, I would avoid Rosen like the plague. But.... maybe we like Jax, Darnold or Allen enough to make a leap of faith.

I think I prefer to go OT and sign a free agent (Smith, Cousins, Garrapolo, AJ, Brees)...

Comment

• Depending on where each poster is with this team, this may help determine your next step...

1st Step - Denial
              2nd Step - Anger
              3rd Step - Bargaining
              4th Step - Depression
              5th Step - Acceptance
              Denver Broncos
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks
              Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Andrew Luck needs to be priority #1

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                  Andrew Luck needs to be priority #1
                  Would be something if Elway made a bold move for Stafford or Luck.

Multiple picks with Ray and Booker or something?

Comment

Would be something if Elway made a bold move for Stafford or Luck.

Multiple picks with Ray and Booker or something?
                    Are you aware that Stafford just signed a huge long term contract with Detroit right? His play behind a poor oline has not shown that Detroit might want to get rid of him either.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                      Andrew Luck needs to be priority #1
                      https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...hone-110100953

Andrews future in Indy called into question.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                        Are you aware that Stafford just signed a huge long term contract with Detroit right? His play behind a poor oline has not shown that Detroit might want to get rid of him either.
                        Yes, in fact, I am aware of that. Ergo why I added the "bold".... thinking of a talented, young-ish QB who I would target in a trade... on level of Luck.... and he comes to mind. This is a DEN forum so why not speculate. I never said DET would be willing to move him.... but everybody has a price, no?

Comment

• I wonder if Paxton, Ray,
                          Roby and 2 first rounders get Luck?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...hone-110100953

Andrews future in Indy called into question.
                            Interesting. I wouldn't put is passed Irsay to move him. I do question his durability, though. He's a tough guy, but a trick throwing shoulder is a little scary.
                            sigpic

Comment

I wonder if Paxton, Ray,
                              Roby and 2 first rounders get Luck?
                              So you want to cripple this team further for a qb that is always injured
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                                So you want to cripple this team further for a qb that is always injured
                                I wouldn't make the trade, of course, if his injury is deemed serious by our doctors. But, ifnit checks out.... I would happily offer Paxton plus 3 of these: Ray, Roby, and two 1st Rounders. (Either 2 players and a pick or 2 picks and a player).

I doubt PHI thinks they crippled themselves trading for Wentz

Comment

Working...
                                X