No announcement yet.

What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Woods should meet with the D to find out what ails them and ask the players how they're most successful and do that.

McCoy needs to exploit the weaknesses of NE and build in short shallower crossers. Their DBs and safeties are struggling so perhaps find a way to attack the long ball just a few times a game. NE defense doesn't do with misdirection plays. Perhaps review what KC did and see if he can add a few plays of theirs.

Olivio - tell them to take a knee. NE dominates on STs. Make a mistake on STs - and it's futile. Muff a punt - sit. Next man up.

Anyone who turns the ball over (fumbles) sits for a bit. Anyone who commits excessive penalties - sits for a bit.

The team needs to have some kind of consequences for repeated error as well.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-07-2017, 02:59 PM.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      I wouldn't make the trade, of course, if his injury is deemed serious by our doctors. But, ifnit checks out.... I would happily offer Paxton plus 3 of these: Ray, Roby, and two 1st Rounders. (Either 2 players and a pick or 2 picks and a player).

I doubt PHI thinks they crippled themselves trading for Wentz
      Though luck is a great talent (when healthy) I kind of want us to find our own guy. I don't want a high priced free agent qb it's high time we got our QB of the future and hopefully we can get him in the draft. It does begs to question about Kelly. If we did draft a QB will we just outright release the guy without seeing anything from him? I kind of want to see him play to see what he has. We do need a line as well so I'd say you can't go wrong with either QB or Olineman
      :go:

Comment

I wonder if Paxton, Ray,
        Roby and 2 first rounders get Luck?
        If it does, we severely overpaid and it will damage the future of our franchise for years to come.

That's a hard pass for me dawg....
        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't make the trade, of course, if his injury is deemed serious by our doctors. But, ifnit checks out.... I would happily offer Paxton plus 3 of these: Ray, Roby, and two 1st Rounders. (Either 2 players and a pick or 2 picks and a player).

I doubt PHI thinks they crippled themselves trading for Wentz
          That seems like a lot for someone who seems injury prone and has struggled to win game the last 2 years. Not to mention coming off major shoulder surgery to his throwing shoulder, now with complications.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            Joe Woods should meet with the D to find out what ails them and ask the players how they're most successful and do that.
            He already knows those answers. I just don't think he can override the head coach.

Vance Joseph said during an interview (or press conference) that he believes the zone coverage will help the defense in the long term. So, I would expect Joseph to stick with his plan.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
              He already knows those answers. I just don't think he can override the head coach.

Vance Joseph said during an interview (or press conference) that he believes the zone coverage will help the defense in the long term. So, I would expect Joseph to stick with his plan.
              I know but these are hard times. Then Woods should tell him the feedback of the defense so VJ STOPS interfering where he shouldn't. It boggles the mind to watch and not want to go back TO WHAT WORKS!!!!

Get your mitts off our defense dude. VJ. Worry about correcting the fumbles, penalties, muffed punts, 3 and outs and INTS.
              Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-07-2017, 04:59 PM.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

Then Woods needs to go to Elway, to override the coach, because seriously, the coach has his head up his bum...
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  Then Woods needs to go to Elway, to override the coach, because seriously, the coach has his head up his bum...
                  Your only asking for trouble when you start jumping the chain of command. It prolly dosen't look very good for you as a person/coach, and i wouldn't hire anyone that would undermine my authority, there are enough problems on this team without introducing this one.

Edit: for clarity.
                  :lombardi:

Comment

• Besides im pretty sure Elway is looking at the same games we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      I second this. The defense was fine they didn't need help in the long term. If Joseph is screwing with the productivity of the no fly zone than perhaps Elway does need to dismiss his ass earlier than later.

Comment

• I don't know if you can blame Woods or Joseph for the deterioration of the NFZ....

The defense lost its 2 leaders (Ware & Ward). Talib has lost a step and Stewart has regressed and/or is disengaged. Roby hasn't blossomed into the lock down CB his potential teased he could become.

DEN has average MLB play.... and VON just doesn't have that OLB threat on the opposite side. Shaq has been OK.... Ray not much of a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                          Though luck is a great talent (when healthy) I kind of want us to find our own guy. I don't want a high priced free agent qb it's high time we got our QB of the future and hopefully we can get him in the draft. It does begs to question about Kelly. If we did draft a QB will we just outright release the guy without seeing anything from him? I kind of want to see him play to see what he has. We do need a line as well so I'd say you can't go wrong with either QB or Olineman
                          I think he’s far too much of a risk at that sort of cost and has had far too many cortisone shots for a guy of his age.
                          It’s pretty common that frequent cortisone injections means you’ll have a big bill to pay back and I think Luck might just be getting his bill earlier than most.
                          I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s done,and the difference with Peyton was you knew the risks for a guy that age.
                          For me,the way it looks now,Luck is too young to be betting the house on when it comes to fitness.
                          Shame because he had it all.

Comment

I wonder if Paxton, Ray,
                            Roby and 2 first rounders get Luck?
                            Now we get in Fire Sale Mode ? Ray and Roby, please dont put ideas in their heads. Heard earlier the Vikings we activating Teddy Bridgewater and speculation on them waving Sloter ( would have been nice to get him back ) but the latest from the team is NO WAY ! News has Bradford getting surgery thus IR.

I fear the broncos may be at the same level as the browns, they cannot Identify Franchise Quarter Backs. Its a Shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              I second this. The defense was fine they didn't need help in the long term. If Joseph is screwing with the productivity of the no fly zone than perhaps Elway does need to dismiss his ass earlier than later.
                              I appreciate that i dont work with you.

Comment

• i have made my name on being politically incorrect. I dont offend , when it's all over its just adjectives.

Comment

Working...
                                X