No announcement yet.

What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The unpopular point of view would be to lose out, get a high draft pick. Draft our next QB or trade for Luck.

Do not want to do this next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
      The unpopular point of view would be to lose out, get a high draft pick. Draft our next QB or trade for Luck.

Do not want to do this next year.
      Seems pretty popular point of view to me around here.

Comment

• I think the unpopular point of view would be to go all-in with Paxton Lynch next year, giving him all 1st-team reps in the offseason. Use the high draft pick to add an elite o-lineman or a pass rusher (especially an inside rusher) to help Von Miller, improve the overall quality of the roster and let Paxton Lynch sink or swim in 2018. Like it or not, the Broncos still have Lynch under a very affordable contract for next season. If Osweiler is not re-signed, Siemian could serve as the backup QB. That would be an unpopular strategy with all the QBs that might be available when the Broncos are on the clock.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          I think the unpopular point of view would be to go all-in with Paxton Lynch next year, giving him all 1st-team reps in the offseason. Use the high draft pick to add an elite o-lineman or a pass rusher (especially an inside rusher) to help Von Miller, improve the overall quality of the roster and let Paxton Lynch sink or swim in 2018. Like it or not, the Broncos still have Lynch under a very affordable contract for next season. If Osweiler is not re-signed, Siemian could serve as the backup QB. That would be an unpopular strategy with all the QBs that might be available when the Broncos are on the clock.
          So basically you want back to back high first round draft picks for this team two years in a row?

No thank you.
          sigpic

Comment

I think the unpopular point of view would be to go all-in with Paxton Lynch next year, giving him all 1st-team reps in the offseason. Use the high draft pick to add an elite o-lineman or a pass rusher (especially an inside rusher) to help Von Miller, improve the overall quality of the roster and let Paxton Lynch sink or swim in 2018. Like it or not, the Broncos still have Lynch under a very affordable contract for next season. If Osweiler is not re-signed, Siemian could serve as the backup QB. That would be an unpopular strategy with all the QBs that might be available when the Broncos are on the clock.
            if yopu replace paxton lynch with chad kelly. add in moving walker to be a pass rushing DE in the 3-4 and finish it off with a draft dedicated to o-line i will be sold.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• If Lynch isn't seeing the field this year its to sell him for a pick. Lynch will lose ALL value playing this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                If Lynch isn't seeing the field this year its to sell him for a pick. Lynch will lose ALL value playing this season.
                And that's stupid if true. If the Broncos trade him without him playing it's going to be for either a low level pick or a conditional pick. And if it's a conditional pick it'll be the better he plays the higher the pick the Broncos get. But if they're going to get a high pick in the end for Lynch (meaning he plays well) isn't he worth more to the Broncos playing here at the high level?

They have to play him to find out what they have and if there's something to build on. If there's not, that's fine, but refusing to play him for a pick is wasteful. In more ways than one, because he costs the Broncos more next year not on the roster than he would being on the roster.

Comment

• The next steps should be off a cliff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    So basically you want back to back high first round draft picks for this team two years in a row?

No thank you.
                    I want a QB in the draft, but he needs to play from day one. It's got to be the Goff/Wentz route. No more sitting a 1st-round QB for two seasons just to become a bottom feeder without a capable QB.
                    sigpic

Comment

• 1. Tank the season and get a top 5 pick
                      2. Draft an elite tackle
                      3. Draft a quality guard
                      4. Sign Tyrod Taylor or Kirk Cousins
                      5. Profit

Comment

• 1. Replace McKenzie with someone who will fair catch the ball and not fumble. Done (at least the replace part). Make McKenzie catch a thousand punts in practice to regain confidence. Should never have put him out there with his confidence shot.
                        2. Spend a whole week working on special teams coverage with an exacting level of detail. I'm only half kidding.
                        3. Move Walker back inside.
                        4. Get Shaq on the field. I'm OK starting him ahead of Ray or combine Ray, Shaq, and Miller together.
                        5. Play Brock until Lynch is healthy.
                        6. Play Lynch 5 games at least to see if there's any improvement.
                        7. Make changes accordingly in the offseason. QB, Oline, pass rush, LB. Coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                          1. Tank the season and get a top 5 pick
                          2. Draft an elite tackle
                          3. Draft a quality guard
                          4. Sign Tyrod Taylor or Kirk Cousins
                          5. Profit
                          This would prob be our quickest way back to being contenders. Draft a tackle with our first and move Bolles to RT. I really would like use to draft or LB who can cover with a higher pick.

Comment

• Another week of the media counting out cousins and another week he steps up....

I'm starting to like his upside vs Breese for a larger window of success.

I'm 100% on paying cousin's what he deserves and bringing Shanahan back out of the pit of hell to release Havoc and revenge on the NFL.

Comment

• Kirk Cousins in Kyle Shanahan's offense would have been too sweet to be true. With Wade Phillips as coordinator.
                              sigpic

Comment

Kirk Cousins in Kyle Shanahan's offense would have been too sweet to be true. With Wade Phillips as coordinator.
                                If we hired Kyle Shanahan I think the consensus would have been that the next move in the offseason was to sign Kirk Cousins. Although maybe not so much now that he's hitched his wagon to Jimmy Garropollo.
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X