No announcement yet.

What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hope we can run the table and go 3-13. That should get us a top 5...maybe even a top 3...pick.

If we do get a top 3 pick we can deal it to a team hot for a qb but still be high enough for a franchise tackle.

With a franchise tackle we can move Bolles to RT, then sign Cousins or Taylor in the off-season. Then sign a quality guard. With the extra draft picks from the trade we’d start adding tons of depth.

Another upside to losing out is that Elway will fire our clown-car coaching staff and hire John Harbaugh.

That’s my dream scenario.

Comment

• Sadly, VJ will be here another year or two unless the Bowlen family brings down the hammer on Elway for creating this mess.

Comment

• "What should the next steps be?" Uhm, dynamite?

Comment

• We need real ILBs. Elway acts like these are long snappers. Enough of these meh guys who can't cover, blitz, force fumbles, deflect passes, or make impactful plays.

We need a blue chip OT, a new QB, a new coaching staff and 2 ILBs, to go with a cover CB and a SS, a RB, TE, WR, Punter.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
            Sadly, VJ will be here another year or two unless the Bowlen family brings down the hammer on Elway for creating this mess.
            If they lose out then the staff has lost the team. I think you have to fire VJ at that point,

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
              I really hope we can run the table and go 3-13. That should get us a top 5...maybe even a top 3...pick.

If we do get a top 3 pick we can deal it to a team hot for a qb but still be high enough for a franchise tackle.

With a franchise tackle we can move Bolles to RT, then sign Cousins or Taylor in the off-season. Then sign a quality guard. With the extra draft picks from the trade we’d start adding tons of depth.

Another upside to losing out is that Elway will fire our clown-car coaching staff and hire John Harbaugh.

That’s my dream scenario.
              I'd love John Harbaugh but that's not happening, at least not this time around.
              Adopted Poster
              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Time to face reality, the team actually isn't that good. The offense has been sputtering since the Super Bowl year. Some was Peyton but the cracks have been showing for a while. The talent has fallen off. Most of this is failures in drafting. There have been far more misses than hits and that has caused the team to slip. In particular besides the line, there hasn't been a really good TE or slot receiver for a while. An average QB is going to be worst with limited weapons. Right now it is time to face that Thomas, Sanders, Talib & Harris are not the elite players they once were and with no reinforcements coming, the team has slipped.

I would blow up the scouting department they have missed far too often to stay around.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  We need real ILBs. Elway acts like these are long snappers. Enough of these meh guys who can't cover, blitz, force fumbles, deflect passes, or make impactful plays.

We need a blue chip OT, a new QB, a new coaching staff and 2 ILBs, to go with a cover CB and a SS, a RB, TE, WR, Punter.
                  That's not to much to ask. Biggest problem with that is lack of cap space too, not enough room to sign all we need

Comment

• The game action seasoning of Paxton Lynch must begin in earnest. I’m not into “tanking” for draft picks though. Very un-Bronco thing to do IMHO. Hoping we can at least put a 6-10 together...

Comment

• Originally posted by Southern Bronco View Post
                      The game action seasoning of Paxton Lynch must begin in earnest. I’m not into “tanking” for draft picks though. Very un-Bronco thing to do IMHO. Hoping we can at least put a 6-10 together...
                      If Lynch starts, that means the tank flag has been raised.

Comment

• Some may call it "tanking". I just think this team is so bad that they'll lose regardless if it's intentional or not. Going through the list of teams in the league, we're arguably the worst. I'm honestly glad we don't play the Browns, because I wouldn't like our chances against anyone at this point. The Bengals are a dumpster fire this season and they came into Mile High and left with a W. We're just a bad football team from top to bottom.

Comment

• The good news is the worse we are the quicker we can add talent to get out of this mess. Always darkest just before dawn.

Why go 7-9? Go 4-12 and get a legit QB or a pro bowl OL.

Comment

The good news is the worse we are the quicker we can add talent to get out of this mess. Always darkest just before dawn.

Why go 7-9? Go 4-12 and get a legit QB or a pro bowl OL.
                            Exactly!! I was watching the game today with little interest and just kind of chuckled when they lost. This team is going nowhere and any meaningless win from here on out just puts them in a worse position for the draft.

Comment

We need real ILBs. Elway acts like these are long snappers. Enough of these meh guys who can't cover, blitz, force fumbles, deflect passes, or make impactful plays.

Scheme change would help the LBs and improve the defense, IMO. Right now the Broncos are essentially playing a 40 defense, but walking an LB up constantly and generally taking them out of coverage. Moving the SLB position back 5 yards and moving Miller permanently to the weak side end position makes the defense more sound.

Comment

• If cousins is available I would go all in on him. If he doesn't then Lamar Jackson should be the answer IMO.
                                sigpic
                                "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Working...
                                X