What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RobertR View Post
    If Lynch starts, that means the tank flag has been raised.
    I think Lynch is more talented than Osweiler, its weird imo they gave Brock 3 games when we already know who he is as a QB. That' what makes me concerned the most about the Broncos, in a weird way I think I know more about their team than they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by MHS View Post
      If cousins is available I would go all in on him. If he doesn't then Lamar Jackson should be the answer IMO.
      Out of all the QB's in the upcoming draft, Jackson is the one I'm highest on. He'll need to add about 10-15 lbs but he as a good arm and people will be blown away when he runs a 4.3 40 at the combine.

Comment

• I think we'll have to start Lynch soon. He's NOT more talented than Brock, lol. He's Brock with far less accuracy and sense for the game and leadership.

But 1.) we need to see what we have for sure (to know whether to draft a QB next year in the first and 2.) we actually would be better served winning less games at this point and Lynch helps that.

We aren't going to the playoffs guys and need a QB. Tanking is an OK option now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
          Out of all the QB's in the upcoming draft, Jackson is the one I'm highest on. He'll need to add about 10-15 lbs but he as a good arm and people will be blown away when he runs a 4.3 40 at the combine.
          Jackson is very interesting prospect. There really is no player in all CFB 130 teams more valuable to his team than this guy, but will it translate at the next level? I tend to think it won't based on his QB rating and YPA numbers.

Comment

• Think about how difficult this QB talent evaluation task can be when we are saying that the most valuable player at the college level very likely does not have a future at the next, professional level. Is there any other sport where that might be the case?

Comment

• Try MLB.... they draft and sign High Schoolers. If it's hard to project 1-3 years out.... imagine 6-7 years away.

Comment

• I tend to think Jackson will be successful at the next level. The prototype pocket QB is becoming a thing of the past, replaced with guys who can do a little bit of everything. Look how successful guys like Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson have been. The added dimension of being able to hurt teams with your legs is something we haven't had in Denver. It can also mask a subpar offensive line which it seems we have on a yearly basis. No one thought Dak would amount to much since he was just an average passer at Miss St but now he's the guy in Dallas. Not many thought Watson's game would translate to the next level but he can buy time with his legs and that's something none of our guys can do. The position is changing, and statue QB's are a thing of the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by sendacash View Post
                  Think about how difficult this QB talent evaluation task can be when we are saying that the most valuable player at the college level very likely does not have a future at the next, professional level. Is there any other sport where that might be the case?
                  That's the crazy thing. How many teams didn't think Watson would be a good NFL QB? Looking at this draft report it talks about how some scouts judged him as a third round prospect, and one playoff team was thinking late third to early fourth.

With QBs I really think it's just a guessing game.

Comment

I tend to think Jackson will be successful at the next level. The prototype pocket QB is becoming a thing of the past, replaced with guys who can do a little bit of everything. Look how successful guys like Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson have been. The added dimension of being able to hurt teams with your legs is something we haven't had in Denver. It can also mask a subpar offensive line which it seems we have on a yearly basis. No one thought Dak would amount to much since he was just an average passer at Miss St but now he's the guy in Dallas. Not many thought Watson's game would translate to the next level but he can buy time with his legs and that's something none of our guys can do. The position is changing, and statue QB's are a thing of the past.
                    Here's the rub, there were some "signs" with the other guys on your list. I believe Wilson finished top 3 in those two stats I mentioned, QB rating and YPA and he had the experience in Wisconsin's pro set offense for one season as well. Not that those stats are infallible, because RG3 did the same. When you look at a guy like Prescott how he took a somewhat under the radar Mississippi State team, one that plays in the same conference as bullies such as Alabama, LSU, and Auburn and he brought them to the #1 ranking in the country, albeit for a couple weeks. There was something a little more there as a hardened 4 year starter in the SEC west. Then you go and look at Deshaun Watson who gave a powerhouse team and coach like Alabama fits and was mostly responsible for a national championship and you have coaches such as Saban flat out saying he's the best player they have played against in many years and Dabo singing his praises as well. I think even Spurrier came out at one point early on and said Watson was the real deal.

Comment

I tend to think Jackson will be successful at the next level. The prototype pocket QB is becoming a thing of the past, replaced with guys who can do a little bit of everything. Look how successful guys like Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson have been. The added dimension of being able to hurt teams with your legs is something we haven't had in Denver. It can also mask a subpar offensive line which it seems we have on a yearly basis. No one thought Dak would amount to much since he was just an average passer at Miss St but now he's the guy in Dallas. Not many thought Watson's game would translate to the next level but he can buy time with his legs and that's something none of our guys can do. The position is changing, and statue QB's are a thing of the past.
                      All those guys you mention were better passers than Jackson. I'm sorry, but being able to pass from the pocket is still the most essential skill for a QB. By the way, Lynch can buy time with his legs. Unfortunately it's about the only thing he can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        I think the Kirk Cousins talk needs to be put to bed. He's going to command the highest contract in NFL history in all likelihood. The Broncos aren't going to pay that.

I think a journeyman free agent and draft is likely going to be the route with the quarterback position.
                        The cap will go up another 7 to 10 mil.

You can part ways with Talib & Barrett and numerous scrubs on this roster to make room for a long term front loaded 5 year deal with cousins in the 18-22 million range per year

Comment

• Determine if Lynch has a future & fast
                          Draft a lot of OL - need quality & depth
                          Sign Cousins
                          Put feelers out on Gruden, Shanny & any other experienced HC that won a SB and ain’t over the hill < I think this is part of Elways problem. He wants diamonds in the rough but this D can’t wait for them to mature
                          Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                            The cap will go up another 7 to 10 mil.

You can part ways with Talib & Barrett and numerous scrubs on this roster to make room for a long term front loaded 5 year deal with cousins in the 18-22 million range per year
                            Every time I watch Cousins I think ‘he would do great with Thomas & Sanders’
                            Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• What i like about Cousins is the fact we know what we are getting. Then, we can also use our hi first rounder on a stud OT or Barkley or a stud front-7 defensive player.

This is best route if we are going to be good next year.
                              And with H Cousins we also have another 2 years to see if Paxton or Kelly can develop.

Comment

• WOW, don't remember a home crowd booing like they did today. At times loud and then the failure once again silenced the stadium. Going to be brutal, Raiders at their house, then Miami ( The sun may not shine on the Broncos). As I will miss the Jets in Mile High (Have fun Charles) will be sailing the Caribbean, Sipping on our Momosa for breakfast. Best of all the next win may very well be the game in INDY.

Till Next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X