• Show
Clear All

• One cowboy: "we hadnt seen much of jeeze louis in ages"

Other cowboy: "then he showed up outta nowhere and was all over the place"

Sorry had to
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      Get more than 44yards in 77 days. The last time the broncos lost this many games straight, the Brady Bunch was a hit tv show and Linden Johnson was president.

Something tells me that this is not what Mr B has visioned
      I'm not sure this response goes with this exact post but whatever. I've been wanting to say this to you for awhile now anyway, so here goes.....

Anything positive to contribute? I mean, jeez Louise, we get it. So how about you add something to the solution. Do you have anything positive to add at all?

Holy hell. So tired of your "the sky is falling," Elway sucks," certain players are being blackballed,"Elway can't draft a legitimate QB, Elway is garbage, and blah, blah, blah blah. And it's not that I disagree with some of your points. It's just that your drum beat has gotten so loud, and so full of hyperbole, one can't hear it anymore.

Jeez Louise, so what do you propose? I mean, I was with you for some of your issues but, Jesus, it's getting ridiculous how you try and make everything be about Elway. It's ridiculous and redundant and not helpful. And I'm over it. And I'm done.

Elway has made some colossal mistakes with drafting and coaching hires. Let's give him time to fix them. If not, then Ellis and the board or the Bowlens need to step in. But you've been implying malice and malicious intent on Elway's part.

And sorry, I just can't buy into that. Per your "source" or no source. I can't buy that Elway would intentionally harm our team for his own gain....which is what "blackballing" players would entail. Can't buy that.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

7. Scout college basketball teams for a 6'9' - 6'10' player that has good hands and can jump. There are hundreds of these guys every year than don't make the NBA. Scout for intelligence, hard worker, dependable, etc. This player has only one job and that's to catch touchdown passes. In the red zone have the QB throw the ball up and either he'll get it or it's incomplete. There isn't a player in the NFL that can match up and a 6'9" player would always be "open".
        Interesting idea, but if it was really workable, don't you think teams would have already tried it? Playing at the NFL level is extraordinarily demanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          I'm not sure this response goes with this exact post but whatever. I've been wanting to say this to you for awhile now anyway, so here goes.....

Anything positive to contribute? I mean, jeez Louise, we get it. So how about you add something to the solution. Do you have anything positive to add at all?

Holy hell. So tired of your "the sky is falling," Elway sucks," certain players are being blackballed,"Elway can't draft a legitimate QB, Elway is garbage, and blah, blah, blah blah. And it's not that I disagree with some of your points. It's just that your drum beat has gotten so loud, and so full of hyperbole, one can't hear it anymore.

Jeez Louise, so what do you propose? I mean, I was with you for some of your issues but, Jesus, it's getting ridiculous how you try and make everything be about Elway. It's ridiculous and redundant and not helpful. And I'm over it. And I'm done.

Elway has made some colossal mistakes with drafting and coaching hires. Let's give him time to fix them. If not, then Ellis and the board or the Bowlens need to step in. But you've been implying malice and malicious intent on Elway's part.

And sorry, I just can't buy into that. Per your "source" or no source. I can't buy that Elway would intentionally harm our team for his own gain....which is what "blackballing" players would entail. Can't buy that.
          lol Jeez louise!
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by RobertR View Post
            Interesting idea, but if it was really workable, don't you think teams would have already tried it? Playing at the NFL level is extraordinarily demanding.
            They first need to think of it, then NFL teams are very conservative and not very open to new ideas. College football coaches are much more creative. It may not work, but it doesn't hurt to try in the offseason/preseason. IMO, it's low risk/high reward and it isn't like a team needs to spend a draft pick.

Many years ago KC had a TE Morris Stroud that was 6'10", but they didn't use him in the way I suggest. They did put him under the goal posts on long FG attempts to try to block FGs, but I don't think he ever got one.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              lol Jeez louise!
              You like that? Jeez Louise....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Warhawk View Post
                Order of operations:

1. Resolve the ownership situation
                There is no doubt the first thing that must happen is fixing the ownership issue. We are witnessing the beginning of the dysfunction of a franchise without its owner. 3 head coaches in 4 seasons, 3 offensive coordinators in 2 seasons, several poor drafts in-a-row, Matt Russell and Tom Heckert hanging around without any accountability.

There is no one up there to ask Elway what the hell is going on. The Broncos can't even find a partner to rename the stadium, keeping the name of a company that not even exists anymore. This is crazy.

I think it's bizarre how Bowlen has so many children yet none of them seem ready to take over as the owner? Or is Joe Ellis and others stalling the process because, once there is a new owner, they are going to be removed from their jobs?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                  Shanahan was laughed at when he wanted big body tight ends playing in the slot (Kyle Johnson). Amazing how teams now thrive with athletic tight ends playing just that.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                    There is no doubt the first thing that must happen is fixing the ownership issue. We are witnessing the beginning of the dysfunction of a franchise without its owner. 3 head coaches in 4 seasons, 3 offensive coordinators in 2 seasons, several poor drafts in-a-row, Matt Russell and Tom Heckert hanging around without any accountability.

There is no one up there to ask Elway what the hell is going on. The Broncos can't even find a partner to rename the stadium, keeping the name of a company that not even exists anymore. This is crazy.

I think it's bizarre how Bowlen has so many children yet none of them seem ready to take over as the owner? Or is Joe Ellis and others stalling the process because, once there is a new owner, they are going to be removed from their jobs?
                    to be fair. Kubiak technically stept down due to "health issues". Doesn't John at least get a pass for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                      to be fair. Kubiak technically stept down due to "health issues". Doesn't John at least get a pass for that?
                      I dont totally buy that. I Think there was friction. I think it was a way for two friends to part on good terms and not damage a franchise they both cared about in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                        I dont totally buy that. I Think there was friction. I think it was a way for two friends to part on good terms and not damage a franchise they both cared about in the process.
                        I buy it 100%. Kubiak was laying on the field having a TIA/min stroke in Houston. With us he was hospitalized and missed a week, including a game. Anyone could see he didn't look well the last month or two he was here.

Comment

He quit because Elway wanted to fire his entire offensive staff. Guys he worked with for over 10 yrs. Also because he didn't play Elways draft picks. Same reason Fox was let go too. No Elway has he's HC puppet in place. VJ didn't even get to pick his own staff, Elway is pulling all the strings.
                          "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

• Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
                            He quit because Elway wanted to fire his entire offensive staff. Guys he worked with for over 10 yrs. Also because he didn't play Elways draft picks. Same reason Fox was let go too. No Elway has he's HC puppet in place. VJ didn't even get to pick his own staff, Elway is pulling all the strings.
                            Can I ask how you know this? I keep hearing these types of comments but not sure where they come from. Don't live in Colorado so don't hear or read local sports media.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              Can I ask how you know this? I keep hearing these types of comments but not sure where they come from. Don't live in Colorado so don't hear or read local sports media.
                              every reporter that's not Mike Klis
                              "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

There were reports about Kubiak being a reluctant head coach, even Les Shapiro covered this issue several times with Woody Paige. Kubiak did not want to interview with any other teams, but could not refuse Elway's call. Kubiak was happy as a coordinator and already had health issues as a head coach. Reports indicate Kubiak was ready to retire after winning the Super Bowl. He simply did not want to deal with the stress of being a head coach anymore.

I believe Vance Joseph was interviewed for the DC job in 2015 with the idea of eventually replacing Kubiak as the head coach. So, even though Elway gets a pass for Kubiak choosing to step down, we should keep in mind that Elway went after Kubiak knowing he had doubts about taking the job and could be just a short-term solution.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X