No announcement yet.

What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway better be sending an anonymous gift basket to Eli right now for Christmas with some broncos towels stuffed with cash and keys to his aspen retreat.

Comment

• Eli Manning, Drew Brees (less likely), Kirk Cousins ($$$), Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford (I hope not). There will be many options. Even Tyrod Taylor might be an option with Gary Kubiak still around influencing decisions on personnel. I just don't know if Vance Joseph will still be around to unpack the gift.
      sigpic

Comment

• Eli getting benched looks promising right now... Just saying

Comment

• Who is ready for 4-5 months of Manning to Denver speculation?
          Denver Broncos
          New York Yankees
          New York Knicks
          Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
            Who is ready for 4-5 months of Manning to Denver speculation?
            Tom Brady might actually shiver at the thought of his Super Bowl kryptonite in the same conference

Comment

• Sign Nate solder and then do everything to get Rosen or Darnold
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                Elway better be sending an anonymous gift basket to Eli right now for Christmas with some broncos towels stuffed with cash and keys to his aspen retreat.
                Now that's what I'm talking about!

Some good old fashioned tampering
                [sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                  Who is ready for 4-5 months of Manning to Denver speculation?
                  Good Lord, not me!

This will eventually be filed away with the Kap and RG3 threads. Think about it, if Eli refused to play in Peyton's conference when PM was still in it, he certainly won't be following in big brother's footsteps here (nor in Indy).

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• I traded for Eli after Peyton retired on Madden 16, and it has worked out great! He is pretty good on Madden.

Comment

• I think any and all speculation of Eli coming here should be laid to bed. If he goes anywhere I'm sure it'll be Jax. Coughlin wouldn't let him go anywhere and would sell the farm to get Eli there.
                      :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                        I think any and all speculation of Eli coming here should be laid to bed. If he goes anywhere I'm sure it'll be Jax. Coughlin wouldn't let him go anywhere and would sell the farm to get Eli there.
                        Yeah, but what if Coughlin becomes our new HC? ooo, ahh, speculation abounds....

We need a coach like Tom Coughlin about now. Bring him on.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                          1. Hire Mike Shanahan. He and Elway can work out their differences. Shanny ran the same offense as Kubiak and it's only been a year so there should be some continuity. Kube is also our offensive scout and has a great idea on the type of players we need. I believe if Shanny was coaching this team we would have won at least 2 more games and we'd still be in the hunt.

2. Trade down and pick up extra picks.. I don't think there's much difference between the 1-2 rated QBs this year and the 3-4. Maybe gamble with Josh Allen, Baker or Jackson. If not, draft O or BPAL.

3. With our extra picks, trade for established vet help. Our pro scouting has been much better than our college scouting. Focus on what we do best. My opinion has been for a very long time draft picks are overrated. Scout players against NFL competition, not college. Start with a couple of solid OL.

4. Trade or sign a QB like Brissette, Tyrod or Alex Smith. Keep Siemian and Kelly and let Paxton and Os go.

5. Elway needs to shift his priorities. On offense he said he favors LT, QB and WR. I agree with QB and LT but LT needs to expand to the entire OL. Instead of WR, find TEs and pass catching RBs. These are the players that cause mismatches with LBs and safeties and they're less expensive against the cap.

6. Poach players from other teams' practice squads. Think if this as a mini draft. There are about 300 players on NFL practice squads. To think there aren't 3-4 practice squad players that are better than 3-4 players on our roster is ridiculous.

7. Scout college basketball teams for a 6'9' - 6'10' player that has good hands and can jump. There are hundreds of these guys every year than don't make the NBA. Scout for intelligence, hard worker, dependable, etc. This player has only one job and that's to catch touchdown passes. In the red zone have the QB throw the ball up and either he'll get it or it's incomplete. There isn't a player in the NFL that can match up and a 6'9" player would always be "open".
                          Like most of these comments. Trade down & pick up some o line help etc. Yes go with Kelly & pick up Sloter & or Smith or Tyrod. And grab some PS players and play them asap use the rest of the season as training camp. Hey maybe Lynch can become a tight end or wr??? We are stuck with him for another year anyway. And I can't remember the last player we had that went up for a jump ball - certainly not DT.
                          Bronco Bob

Comment

• I mean, do we want Eli? He really hasn't done much, and he has better receivers over there. He wouldn't exactly be coming into a good situation over here with the O-line not being solid yet.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              I mean, do we want Eli? He really hasn't done much, and he has better receivers over there. He wouldn't exactly be coming into a good situation over here with the O-line not being solid yet.
                              Tom Coughlin will go after him and prob land him

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                                Yeah, but what if Coughlin becomes our new HC? ooo, ahh, speculation abounds....

We need a coach like Tom Coughlin about now. Bring him on.
                                Don't mean anything, but Coughlin will be 72!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X