Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Denver's defense is still pretty damn good but they get placed in awful positions by the poor play of the offense.
    I agree the poor play of the offense puts the defense in awful positions. I just don't think the defense is still pretty damn good anymore. The Browns offense is pretty bad, they put their offense in awful position. However, even the Browns defense has allowed fewer touchdown passes than the Broncos. That's because the Broncos defense is the worst in the league, allowing 24 touchdowns passes so far.

    Everyone mentions how the offense puts the defense in a bad spot, and how the other team can just run the ball and throw less, negating our pass rush and the secondary, bla bla bla... Well, the Broncos defense has only surrendered 5 rushing touchdowns, 3rd best in the league. However, the defense leads the league in touchdown passes allowed, which means the opposing teams are throwing the ball against this Broncos defense and throwing it effectively, scoring a bunch of touchdowns over their heads.

    With that secondary that used to be the No Fly Zone, with Von Miller rushing the passer, this defense has surrendered 24 touhdown passes, most in the NFL, even with all the other poor offenses putting their respective defenses in awful positions. Besides, it looks like every time our offense responds and manages to score a touchdown, our defense folds and gives a touchdown right back. So, I'm not sure this defense remains pretty damn good.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Elway has already made changes in the scouting dept. by putting Kubiak in charge of the top 100 college offensive players. It will be interesting to see how this works out, since our biggest draft issues have been on that side of the ball.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        I agree the poor play of the offense puts the defense in awful positions. I just don't think the defense is still pretty damn good anymore. The Browns offense is pretty bad, they put their offense in awful position. However, even the Browns defense has allowed fewer touchdown passes than the Broncos. That's because the Broncos defense is the worst in the league, allowing 24 touchdowns passes so far.

        Everyone mentions how the offense puts the defense in a bad spot, and how the other team can just run the ball and throw less, negating our pass rush and the secondary, bla bla bla... Well, the Broncos defense has only surrendered 5 rushing touchdowns, 3rd best in the league. However, the defense leads the league in touchdown passes allowed, which means the opposing teams are throwing the ball against this Broncos defense and throwing it effectively, scoring a bunch of touchdowns over their heads.

        With that secondary that used to be the No Fly Zone, with Von Miller rushing the passer, this defense has surrendered 24 touhdown passes, most in the NFL, even with all the other poor offenses putting their respective defenses in awful positions. Besides, it looks like every time our offense responds and manages to score a touchdown, our defense folds and gives a touchdown right back. So, I'm not sure this defense remains pretty damn good.
        They are still top five in yards allowed on the ground and through the air. I think that the number of snaps they have taken have begun to take their toll. The breaking point was the three games against the three best offenses in football (at least the Chiefs were at the time) in a row. They could upgrade at spots but, still, if the offense plays well, I expect that they should be competitive against anyone.

        Comment


        • How to fix the Broncos:
          Step 1 Fire Matt Russel
          Step 2 Fire VJ then go Hire Matt LaFleur the QB whisper.
          This is unreal to look at. Matt LaFleur, the current offensive coordinator for the LA Rams has had tremendous success with the QB’s he’s worked with in his career. He started with Robert Griffin III who had the sensational rookie season I’m sure you all are familiar with, then he went to Notre Dame and suddenly Everett Golson had a fantastic season (more TD’s in the one year with LaFleur, 29 then the other two years he played combined, 23). After Notre Dame he went to Atlanta and Matt Ryan has his career best, MVP season and now he’s with the Rams and Jared Goff has broken out. This guy knows how to coach quarterbacks. If we can bring him in we will have a real shot at landing Kirk Cousins.

          Houston Texans (2008–2009) Offensive quality control coach
          Washington Redskins (2010–2013) Quarterbacks coach
          Notre Dame (2014) Quarterbacks coach
          Atlanta Falcons (2015–2016) Quarterbacks coach
          Los Angeles Rams (2017–Present) Offensive coordinator
          "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

          Comment


          • Your idea is to hire a guy as a head coach with one year of experience as an offensive coordinator?

            Comment


            • Honestly, and this would sound crazy, but I would be okay with going all in in Chad Kelly if he shows he can still pass in tight windows and his wrist and ACL injuries aren't affecting him. Grab a RT in the first and a G later on. Add in another slot receiver aside from Henderson and we should be set
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
                Your idea is to hire a guy as a head coach with one year of experience as an offensive coordinator?
                Is that like hiring a guy as head coach who has one year of experience as a defensive coordinator?
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Is that like hiring a guy as head coach who has one year of experience as a defensive coordinator?
                  10 character

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    Honestly, and this would sound crazy, but I would be okay with going all in in Chad Kelly if he shows he can still pass in tight windows and his wrist and ACL injuries aren't affecting him. Grab a RT in the first and a G later on. Add in another slot receiver aside from Henderson and we should be set
                    Chad is a Wild Card, ... literally. When the camera shows his face on the sideline, he has a crazy look in his eyes. He may get his chance. We shall see ... next year.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      Honestly, and this would sound crazy, but I would be okay with going all in in Chad Kelly if he shows he can still pass in tight windows and his wrist and ACL injuries aren't affecting him. Grab a RT in the first and a G later on. Add in another slot receiver aside from Henderson and we should be set
                      It's not reasonable "go all in" on a guy who's never played a down in the NFL. Take a look at him, yes. Go all in, no.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Chad is a Wild Card, ... literally. When the camera shows his face on the sideline, he has a crazy look in his eyes. He may get his chance. We shall see ... next year.
                        Sounds like someone out of a George Martin book!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
                          Your idea is to hire a guy as a head coach with one year of experience as an offensive coordinator?
                          better than hiring a HC with 1 yr of experience as an defensive coordinator, especially when none of his units were any good, like Elway did.
                          "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                            Honestly, and this would sound crazy, but I would be okay with going all in in Chad Kelly if he shows he can still pass in tight windows and his wrist and ACL injuries aren't affecting him. Grab a RT in the first and a G later on. Add in another slot receiver aside from Henderson and we should be set
                            Going all in on a 7th round draft pick who has never thrown an NFL pass isn't a recipe for success. There is a better chance he doesn't even make the roster next year.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                              Draft a RB in the first
                              Trade/cut CJ, Talib and DT
                              Don't be cheap on OL pieces in the offseason, sign proven starters.
                              Announce Siemian the starter before camp
                              whywould we want siemian to be the starter again...we need a real qb, and that aint trevor
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                                Draft a RB in the first
                                Trade/cut CJ, Talib and DT
                                Don't be cheap on OL pieces in the offseason, sign proven starters.
                                Announce Siemian the starter before camp
                                you just destroyed all credibility with ur last sentence. You can't possible believe Siemian is the answer at QB. I'm being to believe u are Mike Klis.
                                "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X