What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    I'm lost on the argument of drafting a OT early or a RB...and going with TS or Kelly next year

we have struggled every year since Elway retired without a franchise qb, other then the years we had manning

and this year is a year when there happens to be some great qbs in the draft and we gonna pick in range to actually get a potential franchise qb that will solidify this team for a decade or more

you can have a corvette body...but if you have a chevy citation motor in it ...whats the use
    Yep, finding The Guy should be top priority and we must roll the dice everywhere for that, in FA and the Draft.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
      Where is OZ now?
      same place Siemian will be soon....
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RobertR View Post
        And if he turns out to be a bust? What then?
        Then we have better players at other positions

What if the QB we take is a bust like Paxton?

We'll seriously go 3-13 for like 5 years, given our aging team and lack of young talent

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
          The Broncos best OL of all time:
          Zimmerman - traded for
          Jones - traded for
          Schlereth - FA
          Habib (?) - FA
          Nalen - late round draft pick

Many people attribute the Rams signing two FA OLs this offseason as big reasons Goff and Gurly are playing better.

Dallas built their OL through the draft..

Seems to me there's a number of different ways to build a solid OL.
          Zimmerman came in 1993
          Jones came in 1997
          Schlereth came in 1995
          habib came in 1993

so it took 5 years to build that line. Right now we have maybe 1 decent Olineman. Maybe 2. That isn't going to be fixed through FA unless you want to do it over 3-5 years.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
            Then we have better players at other positions

What if the QB we take is a bust like Paxton?

We'll seriously go 3-13 for like 5 years, given our aging team and lack of young talent
            exactly
            sigpic

Comment

• Total rebuild mode. Cut Talib, CHJ, DT and Anderson. Hopefully we can restructure Von's contract at some point down the road to help with the cap.

Not Von's fault, but teams are pretty much taking him out of the game and were playing a a lot for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                Zimmerman came in 1993
                Jones came in 1997
                Schlereth came in 1995
                habib came in 1993

so it took 5 years to build that line. Right now we have maybe 1 decent Olineman. Maybe 2. That isn't going to be fixed through FA unless you want to do it over 3-5 years.
                Above you said you "Olines are built in the draft and with years working together." I showed that good OLs can be built in other ways. Notice you also said "with years of working together". So it seems you think that drafting an OL also takes time, yet you only point out how long it took building the best OL in Broncos history.

So let's look at drafting an OL. We drafted Schofield 4 years ago. Sambraillo 3 years ago. Max Garcia 3 years ago. How's that working out for us?

The reality is, you can build a good OL in a number of ways, draft, trade and/or FA. The key, along with good coaching, is getting good OL players, not how you get them.

Comment

same place Siemian will be soon....
                  I don't know man, Siemian is the only won who has been capable of winning a game this season. I think he might have to wait until next season before he potentially sees the bench. Although I do think starting OZ could be the better idea, I doubt we can win games with him. That gives us a better shot at losing out and gaining firepower for a potential Cousins trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                    Above you said you "Olines are built in the draft and with years working together." I showed that good OLs can be built in other ways. Notice you also said "with years of working together". So it seems you think that drafting an OL also takes time, yet you only point out how long it took building the best OL in Broncos history.

So let's look at drafting an OL. We drafted Schofield 4 years ago. Sambraillo 3 years ago. Max Garcia 3 years ago. How's that working out for us?

The reality is, you can build a good OL in a number of ways, draft, trade and/or FA. The key, along with good coaching, is getting good OL players, not how you get them.
                    You can believe what you want and I'll believe what i want. I believe good Olines are built through the draft. You can add a FA or two to an already established line and improve it. We don't have an established line.

Schofield was a solid pick but maybe a round early and Garcia was a 4th round pick.
                    Sambrailo was a waste of a pick and I knew it when it happened. No idea why the FO thought otherwise.

Our model you used was 20 years old. The best Oline currently in the league were built primarily through the draft. examples include ravens, Cowboys and Steelers
                    sigpic

Comment

You can believe what you want and I'll believe what i want. I believe good Olines are built through the draft. You can add a FA or two to an already established line and improve it. We don't have an established line.

Schofield was a solid pick but maybe a round early and Garcia was a 4th round pick.
                      Sambrailo was a waste of a pick and I knew it when it happened. No idea why the FO thought otherwise.

Our model you used was 20 years old. The best Oline currently in the league were built primarily through the draft. examples include ravens, Cowboys and Steelers
                      If we added two more proven vets we could have a solid line.

Comment

Schofield was a joke and we got nothing for him. We at least got a 5th for Sambrailo. But if Schofield is so good, then you must give SD credit for getting him as a FA.

Yes, Dallas built through the draft. I even pointed this out above. Did you miss it? The Raiders and Rams used FA to help build their OLs. Seattle and Denver used primarily the draft and have two of the worst OLs in the NFL. Seattle figured out they needed to make a trade. We can both pick and choose all sorts of examples.

You can draft players. I'll use every means possible to get GOOD players.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                          If we added two more proven vets we could have a solid line.
                          Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                          Schofield was a joke and we got nothing for him. We at least got a 5th for Sambrailo. But if Schofield is so good, then you must give SD credit for getting him as a FA.

Yes, Dallas built through the draft. I even pointed this out above. Did you miss it? The Raiders and Rams used FA to help build their OLs. Seattle and Denver used primarily the draft and have two of the worst OLs in the NFL. Seattle figured out they needed to make a trade. We can both pick and choose all sorts of examples.

You can draft players. I'll use every means possible to get GOOD players.
                          the problem is....very few GOOD Olinemen make it to FA. maybe you want to draft a rb wit a top pick. me, i would rater use it on an olineman.

i will disagree wit you about denver using draft to improve oline. bolles and sambrailo were only top draft picks used on oline in 6 years. compare to fa signings;

leary
                          stepenson
                          watson
                          barbre
                          okung
                          selly smit

...and tat was just 3 years.....
                          sigpic

Comment

• Well honestly, I feel like we should cross Kirk Cousins off the list. To be paying someone 24+ million to be average and throwing 2 interceptions a game isn't much of an improvement over Siemian. And I think our O-lines are comparable...who we're seeing in Cousins in Washington is the same one we'll get here.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              Well honestly, I feel like we should cross Kirk Cousins off the list. To be paying someone 24+ million to be average and throwing 2 interceptions a game isn't much of an improvement over Siemian. And I think our O-lines are comparable...who we're seeing in Cousins in Washington is the same one we'll get here.
                              They will be taking a QB in the 1st. I don't think they should but you know it's happening.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                                Well honestly, I feel like we should cross Kirk Cousins off the list. To be paying someone 24+ million to be average and throwing 2 interceptions a game isn't much of an improvement over Siemian. And I think our O-lines are comparable...who we're seeing in Cousins in Washington is the same one we'll get here.
                                Does Cousins actually throw 2 INTs a game? Or did he just have a bad night trying to carry a talent lacking offense on the road? Come on now

Comment

Working...
                                X