No announcement yet.

What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Lynch is healthy. Play him. I am not expecting much, if anything out of him, but we have to find out for sure what we have there so we can go into the offseason with a clear vision of what needs to be addressed at the position.

Unless we make a trade (highly unlikely IMO) we are stuck with this OL unit the rest of the season. It absolutely must be addressed this offseason. No more stop gap solutions at RT.

I know it seems crazy right now, but we are only a few good moves away from being a contender. New QB (throw some coin at Brees) and a new LG and RT. We do that, we will be in good shape.
    sigpic

Comment

Fix This

Okay everyone seems to have answers on how to fix this. So, go ahead and offer your two cents. You've awoken as John Elway tomorrow morning. Be the GM and fix this.

What do you do?

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
      Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
      Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
      Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
      I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Trade DT, Talib, Stewart, CJ and anybody else not part of the long term plan. Take it on the chin. Stink. Admit mistakes and release Paxton and find a franchise QB in the draft.

Only a true rebuild will fix this offense. Aside from Butt, Bolles, and maybe Paradise.... we need a new offense.

We also need a real MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
          Okay everyone seems to have answers on how to fix this. So, go ahead and offer your two cents. You've awoken as John Elway tomorrow morning. Be the GM and fix this.

What do you do?
          Maybe we can combine this thread with the "Next Steps" Thread?

Just a suggestion.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

1. Cut TS, pick up anyone .. they are better at this point TS is a broken QB...a Fake QB
            2. Have a meeting with McCoy about the offense....ask him what he needs. Take a hard run at trying to get it without giving up too much.
            2B. Part of that meeting is to get some new blood into the offensive play design. What we doing now is horrible...
            3. Lead a team meeting with Vance....just need to let them know the coaches and front office doing everything in their power to try and put the team in best position to win.

Unfortunately not much can be done to change this other than trades (which do not happen often) or coaches some how managing to bring the players together with something either new or something finally coming together that has been worked on.

We may not finish the season with a winning record...we just that bad on offense.

Now if things do not get better....in the off-season some serious changes need to be made.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

What do you do?
              This isn't fixable this season. They should do the best they can then work on the draft/FA hard this coming offseason. Look for the top Oline in both FA and the draft and go from there.
              sigpic

Comment

Sadly, the QBs we all been talking about trading for (Rivers, Brees, Alex Smith) have teams that are winning. So the already small chance of trading for one is now basically 0.

I do believe you trade for a LT like Brown or Glenn and move Bolles to the RT. Move Leary to the LG and make Watson a RG. In the draft you find a way to trade up for a top QB or trade the farm for a Luck, if available.

Cut or trade Talib and CJ to save money.
                Find a way to get DT to take a paycut.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  This isn't fixable this season. They should do the best they can then work on the draft/FA hard this coming offseason. Look for the top Oline in both FA and the draft and go from there.
                  Yes it is. A trade to improve our pass blocking needs to be made. With this defense we have a chance at winning any game. We aren't getting a QB this season, so control what you can and improve the pass blocking.

Comment

What do you do?
                    He would have to override the coach, and ain't about to do that. Simeon and that Oline is a joke , obviously they ALL need to go. I see a real lack of effort all around. And the STUPID way they play right now? It is almost like they are tanking on purpose. I know they aren't, but come on man. This is not the SAME TEAM that started 3-0!!!!!!! And why cant ANYONE on the defense cover ANY Tight Ends?????

There are no easy answers, but we are staring 6-10 in the face unless something drastic happens.

I noticed you haven't even offered anything?
                    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

What do you do?
                      First thing I'd do is place Lynch on IR and bring Kelly onto the active roster so he can start getting reps.

I'd bench Siemian and give Brock the nod, not because he's a better QB but because he gets rid of the ball a lot quicker.

Then I'd trade a package of draft picks along with Devonte Booker and Shaq Barrett for both Joe Staley and Cordy Glenn.

I'd Move Allen Barbre to the starting LG while promoting Conor McGovern to back up guard over Garcia and go from there.

I wouldn't move Bolles out of the starting line up unless he continues to struggle with holding calls. But if he did not then I'd use either Glenn or Staley as the swing tackle.
                      Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-22-2017, 10:03 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

In terms of salvaging the season and rebuilding a few things come to mind.

Ditch Lynch after the season, put him on IR start Brock, Siemian be the backup. Then re-evaluate this offseason and draft a new prospect.

O-line isn't really fixable during the season but whatever moves that are the best that can possibly be done.

Coaching staff needs a look, though by all standards probably won't get changed much.

Special teams need an overhaul.

Comment

Start Brock.

Play out of the gun

Teams arnt buying into this bootleg crap anymore with zero running game

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            I agree with BSB2K10 - however, the INSTANT FIX is philosophy. (Hear me out... This may be a semi long read)
                            It doesn't matter who the QB is, the strength of this team is the Defense. So, the O has to play (and be coached) with that in mind - knowing you have an inep offense each running play has the potential to chew an average 40 seconds of the clock - add the punt - that's a minimum of 2 minutes a possession... (Game clock) you have to figure we'd get at least 1 first down every other possession (maybe) so with 10 possessions a game that's 35 minutes of controlling the clock no matter what the score board says... With our D playing the way it is, being rested like that, we could step up our Special Teams to gain extra field position. Maybe even score...
                            Sure, it's not "exciting" football - but we could hire OL that just know how to Run Block off the street right now and plug them in. Heck, put 7 OLinemen out there and just bang on their D all day; see what happens come the 4th Qtr.
                            Take today's game as an example:
                            Honestly, if we just reversed how we are doing things, we might be OK. We ran 54 total plays for the most part... Run 35 times (min) and only throw 15-20 (tops) - you don't need to push the ball downfield. Run regular and read option or wildcat Use all 4 RB's + Jano. We averaged 3.2 yards as a team. That's 9.6 yards a possession/down. Go for it on 4th every now and then and you'll have the first. We have a team that could win like this... Don't need to throw deep or mid all that often; maybe run play action pass 5 of those 15 selected pass plays. The rest are swing passes, shovel passes and roll outs.

Specifically regarding playcalling today - you KNOW Bosa is going against a back up Guard... Playing RT... Yet we drop back in shot gun.... Instead, Run it to his side with a TE over there and let Jano lead block and smack the heck out of him once a possession... Then if you HAVE to throw the ball... Roll the pocket away from wherever he is lined up.

This is the stuff I'd look at if I were Elway.

Comment

This is as good a place as any to share my two cents. (I probably have more like a quarter burning a hole in my pocket)

The QB and the head coach are new. A different kind of new than we have had over the past five years. They are not just new to the Broncos, but they are new to their jobs. Our recent HOF QB and that former Panther coach were seasoned, with a good sense of self. Out current team is still learning. A spectator can see the choices that only a novice would make.

I love DT, and believe he is a great receiver. The game against the giants and the chargers felt like the ball was being forced to him. Many mistakes were generated with these attempts. I do not know where the direction came from in this regard, but it has contributed to Trevor holding the ball to long looking for DT. The giants made the adjustment during the game, the chargers had game film on it.

Speaking of film, there was a feeling today that there were no adjustments from the Broncos to their situation. They move a guard to tackle. (what the the giants had done)

When a line is struggling with protection It is time to go to the next level of commitment to run. Two tight ends, and sometimes add a fullback. Keep virgil on the right side to help the recently transformed guard.

Walk before you run, run before you throw.

Special teams. There is a problem there. It seems to be a coaching issue. bad kicking and bad coverage indicates a poorly prepared team.

It is easy enough to say the quarterback. needs to make better decisions, but the truth is the quarterback needs to make quicker decisions. He does not trust the pocket, so he does not use it. Maybe some more rollout off play action.

The game plan for opponents is to stop the run and make Trevor win with his arm. At this point there has been no consequence to the opponent with that commitment.

I do not think trevor will physically make it three weeks with the line problems unchanged.

I am sure there is a temptation with John to take control when things are not going well that are outside his own boundaries. Vance and Trevor are going to have growing pans.. Let them make their mistakes and grow. We are two games from the halfway mark. If things have not improved by that point evaluation and development should begin.
                              Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                                Yes it is. A trade to improve our pass blocking needs to be made. With this defense we have a chance at winning any game. We aren't getting a QB this season, so control what you can and improve the pass blocking.
                                Bolles is still a work in progress. garcia needs to improve. RT needs improving. ...so you think fixing all 3 of those problems can be fixed with trades? and who could we trade for that would change anything and who would trade away that player?
                                Last edited by broncos SB2010; 10-23-2017, 10:07 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X