X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    He isn’t throwing 2 ints a game. And you also don’t make a decision about a player based on one game. Whether you think he is worth it or not is a fair debate. But, to use this game as your reasoning why isnt fair in my opinion.

You can’t make those kinds of decisions based on a single night. Especially when you falsely say that he throws two ints a game when this is the first time that has happened this season. Then you have to take into account that one INT came from bouncing off a guy’s hands. Not finger tips. The palms of his hands. The other came in the last minutes of the game on 4th and 10 with the game out of hand. So, it isn’t like this has been a bad habit for him. 21 TD’s to 8 ints is very acceptable 3/4th the way through the season. On pace for about 25 TD’s and 10 INTs. Again, an acceptable ratio. Definitely a major improvement over Trevor Siemian. Especially when you consider the fact that Kirk is no captain check down. He actually throws the ball down the field. Coming into tonight he was tied for third in 20+ yard completions.

So, whether or not you think he’s worth it. Fine. I’d just suggest using something more than his one and only game of 2 int’s on the season.
    I mean he isn't bad. By no means. And you're right, he isn't throwing 2 TD's a game. Bad comment on my part. Id be be fine seeing him here. But when you consider he is an above average QB but he is about to miss the playoffs with his team. He is not going to be worth paying on par the highest contract in the league. Just not worth it when we have a ton of other FA needs. He isn't exactly throwing well against sub par defenses like Dallas and the 49ers. Why does everyone feel the need to come to bat for a QB that has a 2% chance of being on this team next year? And against the same defense Siemian faced in week 2 he threw worse numbers. Make of that what you will.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 12-01-2017, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    It’d be great if they did the right thing and hit on the best lineman available.
    agreed

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
    Does Cousins actually throw 2 INTs a game? Or did he just have a bad night trying to carry a talent lacking offense on the road? Come on now
    We lack talent on offense as well especially since I think they will move Thomas at the end of the season. Our run game isn't that dominant so we have nothing to take the pressure off Cousins. Don't have a line to protect him really. I for one don't want to pay cousins all that money either. I don't think he'd be a good fit here or rather I'd give Elway a pass if he wanted to go the cheap route on this one. Cousins isn't worth 20mil a season.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    They will be taking a QB in the 1st. I don't think they should but you know it's happening.
    It’d be great if they did the right thing and hit on the best lineman available.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Does Cousins actually throw 2 INTs a game? Or did he just have a bad night trying to carry a talent lacking offense on the road? Come on now
    Going into tonight he had averaged just over .5 ints per game. Same as his career average. He is no Tom Brady in regards to not throwing INTs, but it has not been a problem for sure.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Well honestly, I feel like we should cross Kirk Cousins off the list. To be paying someone 24+ million to be average and throwing 2 interceptions a game isn't much of an improvement over Siemian. And I think our O-lines are comparable...who we're seeing in Cousins in Washington is the same one we'll get here.
    He isn’t throwing 2 ints a game. And you also don’t make a decision about a player based on one game. Whether you think he is worth it or not is a fair debate. But, to use this game as your reasoning why isnt fair in my opinion.

You can’t make those kinds of decisions based on a single night. Especially when you falsely say that he throws two ints a game when this is the first time that has happened this season. Then you have to take into account that one INT came from bouncing off a guy’s hands. Not finger tips. The palms of his hands. The other came in the last minutes of the game on 4th and 10 with the game out of hand. So, it isn’t like this has been a bad habit for him. 21 TD’s to 8 ints is very acceptable 3/4th the way through the season. On pace for about 25 TD’s and 10 INTs. Again, an acceptable ratio. Definitely a major improvement over Trevor Siemian. Especially when you consider the fact that Kirk is no captain check down. He actually throws the ball down the field. Coming into tonight he was tied for third in 20+ yard completions.

So, whether or not you think he’s worth it. Fine. I’d just suggest using something more than his one and only game of 2 int’s on the season.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 11-30-2017, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Washington?
    Denver. Maybe Washington too though

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    They will be taking a QB in the 1st. I don't think they should but you know it's happening.
    Washington?

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    Well honestly, I feel like we should cross Kirk Cousins off the list. To be paying someone 24+ million to be average and throwing 2 interceptions a game isn't much of an improvement over Siemian. And I think our O-lines are comparable...who we're seeing in Cousins in Washington is the same one we'll get here.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    If we added two more proven vets we could have a solid line.
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Schofield was a joke and we got nothing for him. We at least got a 5th for Sambrailo. But if Schofield is so good, then you must give SD credit for getting him as a FA.

Yes, Dallas built through the draft. I even pointed this out above. Did you miss it? The Raiders and Rams used FA to help build their OLs. Seattle and Denver used primarily the draft and have two of the worst OLs in the NFL. Seattle figured out they needed to make a trade. We can both pick and choose all sorts of examples.

You can draft players. I'll use every means possible to get GOOD players.
    the problem is....very few GOOD Olinemen make it to FA. maybe you want to draft a rb wit a top pick. me, i would rater use it on an olineman.

i will disagree wit you about denver using draft to improve oline. bolles and sambrailo were only top draft picks used on oline in 6 years. compare to fa signings;

leary
    stepenson
    watson
    barbre
    okung
    selly smit

...and tat was just 3 years.....

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    You can believe what you want and I'll believe what i want. I believe good Olines are built through the draft. You can add a FA or two to an already established line and improve it. We don't have an established line.

Schofield was a solid pick but maybe a round early and Garcia was a 4th round pick.
    Sambrailo was a waste of a pick and I knew it when it happened. No idea why the FO thought otherwise.

Our model you used was 20 years old. The best Oline currently in the league were built primarily through the draft. examples include ravens, Cowboys and Steelers
    Schofield was a joke and we got nothing for him. We at least got a 5th for Sambrailo. But if Schofield is so good, then you must give SD credit for getting him as a FA.

Yes, Dallas built through the draft. I even pointed this out above. Did you miss it? The Raiders and Rams used FA to help build their OLs. Seattle and Denver used primarily the draft and have two of the worst OLs in the NFL. Seattle figured out they needed to make a trade. We can both pick and choose all sorts of examples.

You can draft players. I'll use every means possible to get GOOD players.

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    You can believe what you want and I'll believe what i want. I believe good Olines are built through the draft. You can add a FA or two to an already established line and improve it. We don't have an established line.

Schofield was a solid pick but maybe a round early and Garcia was a 4th round pick.
    Sambrailo was a waste of a pick and I knew it when it happened. No idea why the FO thought otherwise.

Our model you used was 20 years old. The best Oline currently in the league were built primarily through the draft. examples include ravens, Cowboys and Steelers
    If we added two more proven vets we could have a solid line.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Above you said you "Olines are built in the draft and with years working together." I showed that good OLs can be built in other ways. Notice you also said "with years of working together". So it seems you think that drafting an OL also takes time, yet you only point out how long it took building the best OL in Broncos history.

So let's look at drafting an OL. We drafted Schofield 4 years ago. Sambraillo 3 years ago. Max Garcia 3 years ago. How's that working out for us?

The reality is, you can build a good OL in a number of ways, draft, trade and/or FA. The key, along with good coaching, is getting good OL players, not how you get them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X