What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    First thing I'd do is place Lynch on IR and bring Kelly onto the active roster so he can start getting reps.

I'd bench Siemian and give Brock the nod, not because he's a better QB but because he gets rid of the ball a lot quicker.

Then I'd trade a package of draft picks along with Devonte Booker and Shaq Barrett for both Joe Staley and Cordy Glenn.

I'd Move Allen Barbre to the starting LG while promoting Conor McGovern to back up guard over Garcia and go from there.

I wouldn't move Bolles out of the starting line up unless he continues to struggle with holding calls. But if he did not then I'd use either Glenn or Staley as the swing tackle.
    This sounds like the perfect plan except I would trade CJ Anderson and have Jamal Charles and D.Booker as our RBs.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
      Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Lynch can do worse than 0 points. Well, he could throw a pick six, just like Siemian last week.
      Well he did...not only did he not play well in PS but he got so badly hurt that he's been unable to play all season.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
        This sounds like the perfect plan except I would trade CJ Anderson and have Jamal Charles and D.Booker as our RBs.
        I think that is silly. Many forget that CJ is actually a very capable catching RB as well. We just never use him for that because he is a massive upgrade in pass-pro as well as a runner.

Comment

How would you fix this team?

Title speaks for itself. How do you go about fixing this team come the off-season? Who will you let walk? What needs to fill? Would you entertain offers for people on the roster? Would you blow the team up completely? New coach? What would you do to fix this team that's obviously headed in the wrong direction.

People I would let walk...CJ Anderson...I'd keep Booker but CJ has to go. I'd also let Charles walk only because we aren't really using him and since we are in rebuild mode it's not worth bringing him back. Siemian would be let go but I'd entertain offers if I could get something for him. I might keep Os behind our QB if Lynch shows nothinges down the stretch.

I'd listen to offers for Talib, and Thomas. Talib is getting long in the tooth and I'd look to replace him and Thomas I'm ready to get rid of the contract while he's still of use and value a team might offer good compensation for him.

I'm only going to answer the players I'd likely let go. CJ, Charles, Thomas, Stephenson, Watkins. The D Thomas I'm looking for a trade partner to get some value. I would also do the same for Talib. Basically I'd be close to wanting to blow the team up. I'd move key pieces on the offense and defense side of the ball. And try to work the draft and get younger but one thing I'd sell out for and that's a Qb. I don't care what player or pick I'd have to move to make it happen but that's priority number 1.

I know a lot of you are more knowledgeable in this subject and maybe have some great ideas on what you would do.
          :go:

Comment

Sounds like we are thinking the same.... key some key veterans go... get some youth and new FA pickups... draft well...
            sigpic

Comment

Elway wishes the only flaw was at QB. On defense we just lack heart and meanness. We need meanness like Wolfe.

On offense, Paradis and Leary are the only players I feel are part of the long term answers. Everyone else should be on notice.

Once again, Elway did this to himself. Poor drafting, poor cap management, poor roster decisions. All for what? Elway only looks out for Elway.

Comment

With expletives and Hell Fire!!!
                GO BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                  Elway wishes the only flaw was at QB. On defense we just lack heart and meanness. We need meanness like Wolfe.

On offense, Paradis and Leary are the only players I feel are part of the long term answers. Everyone else should be on notice.

Once again, Elway did this to himself. Poor drafting, poor cap management, poor roster decisions. All for what? Elway only looks out for Elway.
                  Lol

10 characters.

Comment

Clean out the coaching staff and the draft scouts. Get the best QB, T and G possible in the Draft and FA.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I agree with the FA approch cuz this management can't draft. Unless we clean house in scouting or wherever all those crappy decisions are being made we'll be back here.

Keep cap friendly players, lose albatross contracts. Find receivers who can catch, o-linemen who can block, and QB's who can throw NFL passes

Comment

Funny me and my father were talking about the same thing and we both agree with you to let go of CJ and try to trade DT. Spend that money on some much needed Oline help. And Draft some offenseive playmakers. We need some new recievers. And obviously a QB. Should get a lot back for DT I think at least a 2nd

Comment

Would love to trade for AJ Green. I can see him leaving there especially after today. Seems like his time is coming to an end only has so many years left I'm sure he wants to play for a contender

Comment

We need a coaching staff that is smart and has a Belichick-like "do your job" mentality. If you fumble 3 punt returns in like four weeks, you need to be benched for several games. I don't care if you can take it to the house 2% more than average.

We do not need anymore "men's men" and "guys the player would run through a wall through," which is Elway's preferred personality type. We need scientists. We need people who think about the football problem tactically.

I do not know who the best QB is. available in the draft but we cannot afford to waste a pick this year on some guy just because he is the best QB available. We already lost years of value building Brock, getting Paxton, and doing the Trevor experiment. We need to wait in the draft for someone quite strong, even if it takes another 2-3 years. Until then, get a competent veteran and sign a pro bowl RT. Keep young defensive blood trickling in in FA and early rounds to keep D the basis for the team.

It is still possible Trevor or Brock can be competent enough but they won't thrive behind this oline or culture of incompetence and lack of accountability. No non-HOF QB can. The QB issue is real but mostly a distraction imo- the foundational problems were here since Manning left, with multiple QBs & coaches.

We desperately need a big time slot WR or TE, too.
                            Last edited by cmc0605; 11-05-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

In Season Moves
                              1) Scour the league for Practice squad players that could possibly help us at positions of need.
                              2) Clean house on our sub par backups who are never gonna make it as NFL starters. Sign some practice squad guys and give them a shot.
                              3) Get Lynch in there at some point. Run a more 12 schemes so we can help him and not getting him completely rattled. See what the kid has.
                              4) Find out if Booker can be a 3 down back. Get DeAngelo Henderson some touches when you can. Find out what you have there.
                              5) Release Jamaal Charles. Give the vet a chance to latch on some where.
                              6) Shuffle up the WR's a bit. Get some more touches for our backup WR's. Lets see what they have. We know what DT and Sanders are.
                              7) Get Jake Butt out there ASAP. Find out what he brings.

I dont care if we lose every game the rest of the way. We have only 3 wins so we can realistically end up with a top 5 draft pick. If we cant superbowl, might as well get the best position we can to build for the future.

Offseason Moves:
                              *****FIRE VANCE*****
                              8) Consider offers for DT, Sanders, Talib, CJA, Brock, and Trevor.
                              9) Focus on three things this off season, Improving the O Line, Finding a LB or S that can cover TE's and finding a Franchise QB.
                              10) Have a conversation with Lynch in SF. If SF ends up with a top two draft pick they may find someone who they like better than garopollo. Tell Lynch we may want him.
                              11) Free up cap room in case Cousins and or some other studs hit FA. We need to have the flexibility to move.
                              12) If we end up with a top 5 pick, be open to the idea of trading down and getting a boatload of picks. We have A LOT of holes to fix. DE, DT, LB, G, T, QB, WR.
                              13) Bring in multiple QB's to compete next year. Get Kelly, Sloter (back if you can) and some others to have a true competition with Lynch.

Comment

This really don't make since. Our defense had a bad game after seven pretty good games. Our offense sucks because of a QB, so let's get rid of our All-Pro CB and start tearing down that defense????
                                We played the best team in the NFL Our new QB had a short week to prepare, McCoy had a short week to add new plays to take advantage of Oz's strong points. Let's NOT destroy a above average defense because of a horrible game.

Comment

Working...
                                X