What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    This really don't make since. Our defense had a bad game after seven pretty good games. Our offense sucks because of a QB, so let's get rid of our All-Pro CB and start tearing down that defense????
    We played the best team in the NFL Our new QB had a short week to prepare, McCoy had a short week to add new plays to take advantage of Oz's strong points. Let's NOT destroy a above average defense because of a horrible game.
    I think its about getting something while you can. i dont see us as being ready next year. We have too many holes. I dont think Talib can keep up this level of play for 3 more years. Same with DT and Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
      Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Lynch can do worse than 0 points. Well, he could throw a pick six, just like Siemian last week.
      or Brock's two interceptions today. Pretty sure we learned in the worst way that when you have 3 QBs, you actually have none.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Hard to know

I think the team MUST draft OL (if there is talent where we pick obviously). Mainly on the right side

If Alex Smith is available, there's no question - need to target the guy.

I don't know what the draft talent looks like next season so it's hard to say. Plus when we pick.....

I have to assume Elway hired a rookie coach knowing that things might not come together in year one. I have to assume VJ gets another season or 2

Elway needs to find out if there are too many chiefs and not enough indians coordinating offense. There's a lot of knowledge on that staff - hopefully it's being used efficiently and it's not cancelling itself out

On defense, I'd love to find some talent to put right in the middle. MLB

OL
        QB
        MLB

It'd be nice to draft players that could contribute first year. Seems like we draft a lot of injured guys who generally are a better value on paper because of the injury - but then we have to wait that much longer to see if they bust or not.
        Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Others have probably said this. But our #1 priority should be a QB. Whether it's from the draft or from FA. If it's FA, then you're going to have to get rid of DT and Talib, likely. Or other similar expensive vets. And then hit the draft and find good replacements for those. If we're going to pick up a FA QB, then make sure you draft a RT to fix the line.

If we're going to draft a QB, then make sure he is going to start, and start that year. No more projects, we need someone who is pro-ready, not with a bunch of intangibles and upside. Then go crazy in FA getting offensive linemen.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Actually just go get Kirk Cousins. Forget whatever I just typed, after seeing him throw that game-winning TD against Seattle, he's the dude. Go get him, Elway!
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

For me it starts and end with finding a quarterback. Having a legitimate franchise quarterback can dramatically change the dynamic of your team, just as it did in 2012.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                For me it starts and end with finding a quarterback. Having a legitimate franchise quarterback can dramatically change the dynamic of your team, just as it did in 2012.
                Look at wentz and Philly.... Goff and Rams!

Darnold or Allen or Jax or Rosen? If we have a chance at these top 4 QBs.... hope we get the right one. Or, take the best OT and settle that issue

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                  Yes it is. A trade to improve our pass blocking needs to be made. With this defense we have a chance at winning any game. We aren't getting a QB this season, so control what you can and improve the pass blocking.
                  want to rethink that
                  sigpic

Comment

make a big move like philly and rams did for a QB... depending on where broncos finish. Then possibly swing a trade for a RT or RG
                    sigpic
                    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      This.........

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                        Look at wentz and Philly.... Goff and Rams!

Darnold or Allen or Jax or Rosen? If we have a chance at these top 4 QBs.... hope we get the right one. Or, take the best OT and settle that issue
                        I am really hoping for Jackson. I also heard that Darnalds decision to enter the draft could be based who picking in top 5
                        sigpic
                        "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                          I am really hoping for Jackson. I also heard that Darnalds decision to enter the draft could be based who picking in top 5
                          probably going to be us, right at 5. And that's ok. Look at where the Rams and Eagles are now, 2 years ago they were where we are now, floundering at 5-11, 4-12 seasons.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                            In Season Moves
                            1) Scour the league for Practice squad players that could possibly help us at positions of need.
                            2) Clean house on our sub par backups who are never gonna make it as NFL starters. Sign some practice squad guys and give them a shot.
                            3) Get Lynch in there at some point. Run a more 12 schemes so we can help him and not getting him completely rattled. See what the kid has.
                            4) Find out if Booker can be a 3 down back. Get DeAngelo Henderson some touches when you can. Find out what you have there.
                            5) Release Jamaal Charles. Give the vet a chance to latch on some where.
                            6) Shuffle up the WR's a bit. Get some more touches for our backup WR's. Lets see what they have. We know what DT and Sanders are.
                            7) Get Jake Butt out there ASAP. Find out what he brings.

I dont care if we lose every game the rest of the way. We have only 3 wins so we can realistically end up with a top 5 draft pick. If we cant superbowl, might as well get the best position we can to build for the future.

Offseason Moves:
                            *****FIRE VANCE*****
                            8) Consider offers for DT, Sanders, Talib, CJA, Brock, and Trevor.
                            9) Focus on three things this off season, Improving the O Line, Finding a LB or S that can cover TE's and finding a Franchise QB.
                            10) Have a conversation with Lynch in SF. If SF ends up with a top two draft pick they may find someone who they like better than garopollo. Tell Lynch we may want him.
                            11) Free up cap room in case Cousins and or some other studs hit FA. We need to have the flexibility to move.
                            12) If we end up with a top 5 pick, be open to the idea of trading down and getting a boatload of picks. We have A LOT of holes to fix. DE, DT, LB, G, T, QB, WR.
                            13) Bring in multiple QB's to compete next year. Get Kelly, Sloter (back if you can) and some others to have a true competition with Lynch.
                            I would agree with getting Henderson in the game

But if we had WRs better than Dt and sanders I’m sure they would be out there

As for the rest there is no market for TS maybe Oz but since he’s on a1 yr contract why trade?

And why would we trade sanders??

Why would we want to bring on more (sloter) late round qbs if we drafting high 1st
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Posted these thoughts earlier but not sure what happened.....

Releasing CJ, DT and Talib before June 1 would net $21.5 mil cap savings for 2018.

Sign Kirk Cousins.

Use 1st round pick for BPA or the best G/RT.

IMO McGovern should be one of the guards and we need one more to replace Garcia. Getting a solid FA G/RT would be ideal but unlikely enough cap space if we go after Cousins.

I love Talib but $11 mil cap savings goes a long way toward signing Cousins.

Booker can replace CJ and Carlos Henderson has the potential to replace DT.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                                or Brock's two interceptions today. Pretty sure we learned in the worst way that when you have 3 QBs, you actually have none.
                                The second was Trevor like, horrible choice, the first I think it was a predetermined pass play for DT on the slant more great defensive play than a poor choice
                                sigpic
                                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                                X