X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by RobertR View Post
    So you're essentially saying emphasize the OL now, and wait another year to address QB.
    Pretty much. I think they should sign a vet QB such as Cousins, McCown, Gabbert then have the vet and Kelly compete for the job.

Then in the draft, trade away a top 5 pick for a 1st, 2nd, and more. Go OT and OG with first 2 picks and maybe an ILB with the other 2nd or possibly even another Olineman.

Kelly might be better than any of the QBs coming out in the draft this year. They aren't going to compete next year anyway so why not play it smart, build the Oline and give them time to develop while seeing what Kelly can do? If VJ keeps this up he very well might be gone next year and the new HC could come in with a new QB if Kelly/FA don't pan out.

Draft:

Mike McGlinchey
    Quenton Nelson
    Billy Price
    Frank Ragnow
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 11-29-2017, 07:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
    I don't see us drafting a QB that can make an immediate impact. So unless we can sign someone if FA, Siemian could be in line again next year. I highly doubt Chad will come in and out play Trevor next year. The following year is a little more realistic. A stud RB and improved Oline will help whoever is behind center.
    the Oline won't be improved in FA. no idea why anyone thinks that will happen. Olines are built in the draft and with years working together. Your idea of taking a RB in the first over an OT? never going to happen. They may go QB, which is the most likley scenario, but no way do they take a RB.

Siemian got benched for Os and Lynch. Highly questionable he is named the starter again. I really can't believe you are still on his bandwagon and no idea why you don't think Kelly has any shot at all over him after the showing he put on this year..

Leave a comment:

• RobertR
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    draft a QB the following year. They could trade their top 5 pick for a good load of picks and move down to take a top OT and a top OG. they could draft a top 5 qb and what if he is a bust? not much difference there.
    So you're essentially saying emphasize the OL now, and wait another year to address QB.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by RobertR View Post
    And if he turns out to be a bust? What then?
    draft a QB the following year. They could trade their top 5 pick for a good load of picks and move down to take a top OT and a top OG. they could draft a top 5 qb and what if he is a bust? not much difference there.

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    you want to go all in on Siemian. is that any better? I agree with going with Chad. Use the top picks on Oline and run with Chad/FA QB next year. You want to fix the Oline in FA.....by signing who? Then use a top pick on a rb????
    I don't see us drafting a QB that can make an immediate impact. So unless we can sign someone if FA, Siemian could be in line again next year. I highly doubt Chad will come in and out play Trevor next year. The following year is a little more realistic. A stud RB and improved Oline will help whoever is behind center.

Leave a comment:

• RobertR
    replied
    I agree with going with Chad. Use the top picks on Oline and run with Chad/FA QB next year.
    And if he turns out to be a bust? What then?

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
    you just destroyed all credibility with ur last sentence. You can't possible believe Siemian is the answer at QB. I'm being to believe u are Mike Klis.
    Why would I care if people perceive me as credible or not on an internet forum?

I come here for news, discussion and a good laugh.

Until we have a better option, Trevor should be our starter, without a doubt. The QB musical chairs only makes it harder on him. If people want to let those thoughts hurt their feeling then oh well.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Going all in on a 7th round draft pick who has never thrown an NFL pass isn't a recipe for success. There is a better chance he doesn't even make the roster next year.
    you want to go all in on Siemian. is that any better? I agree with going with Chad. Use the top picks on Oline and run with Chad/FA QB next year. You want to fix the Oline in FA.....by signing who? Then use a top pick on a rb????

Leave a comment:

• munoz1987
    replied
    Draft a RB in the first
    Trade/cut CJ, Talib and DT
    Don't be cheap on OL pieces in the offseason, sign proven starters.
    Announce Siemian the starter before camp
    you just destroyed all credibility with ur last sentence. You can't possible believe Siemian is the answer at QB. I'm being to believe u are Mike Klis.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Draft a RB in the first
    Trade/cut CJ, Talib and DT
    Don't be cheap on OL pieces in the offseason, sign proven starters.
    Announce Siemian the starter before camp
    whywould we want siemian to be the starter again...we need a real qb, and that aint trevor

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Honestly, and this would sound crazy, but I would be okay with going all in in Chad Kelly if he shows he can still pass in tight windows and his wrist and ACL injuries aren't affecting him. Grab a RT in the first and a G later on. Add in another slot receiver aside from Henderson and we should be set
    Going all in on a 7th round draft pick who has never thrown an NFL pass isn't a recipe for success. There is a better chance he doesn't even make the roster next year.

Leave a comment:

• munoz1987
    replied
    Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Your idea is to hire a guy as a head coach with one year of experience as an offensive coordinator?
    better than hiring a HC with 1 yr of experience as an defensive coordinator, especially when none of his units were any good, like Elway did.

Leave a comment:

• RobertR
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Chad is a Wild Card, ... literally. When the camera shows his face on the sideline, he has a crazy look in his eyes. He may get his chance. We shall see ... next year.
    Sounds like someone out of a George Martin book!

Leave a comment:

• RobertR
    replied
    Honestly, and this would sound crazy, but I would be okay with going all in in Chad Kelly if he shows he can still pass in tight windows and his wrist and ACL injuries aren't affecting him. Grab a RT in the first and a G later on. Add in another slot receiver aside from Henderson and we should be set
    It's not reasonable "go all in" on a guy who's never played a down in the NFL. Take a look at him, yes. Go all in, no.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Chad is a Wild Card, ... literally. When the camera shows his face on the sideline, he has a crazy look in his eyes. He may get his chance. We shall see ... next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X