What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Posted these thoughts earlier but not sure what happened.....

Releasing CJ, DT and Talib before June 1 would net $21.5 mil cap savings for 2018.

Sign Kirk Cousins.

Use 1st round pick for BPA or the best G/RT.

IMO McGovern should be one of the guards and we need one more to replace Garcia. Getting a solid FA G/RT would be ideal but unlikely enough cap space if we go after Cousins.

I love Talib but $11 mil cap savings goes a long way toward signing Cousins.

Booker can replace CJ and Carlos Henderson has the potential to replace DT.
    gonna go with no on that......
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      Posted these thoughts earlier but not sure what happened.....

Releasing CJ, DT and Talib before June 1 would net $21.5 mil cap savings for 2018.

Sign Kirk Cousins.

Use 1st round pick for BPA or the best G/RT.

IMO McGovern should be one of the guards and we need one more to replace Garcia. Getting a solid FA G/RT would be ideal but unlikely enough cap space if we go after Cousins.

I love Talib but $11 mil cap savings goes a long way toward signing Cousins.

Booker can replace CJ and Carlos Henderson has the potential to replace DT.
      I agree. Booker looks ready to replace CJ Anderson and along with DeAngelo and another draft, our RB stable should be strong enough to withstand the season. Carlos Henderson looked good until his IR thumb surgery, will have to see how he responds to that by next season. Virgil Green is one of our more reliable blockers, but he may be let go too as his contract is expiring next season. and yes, DT and Talib will likely need to go if we want to get Kirk Cousins.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
        The second was Trevor like, horrible choice, the first I think it was a predetermined pass play for DT on the slant more great defensive play than a poor choice
        I honestly am not down on Osweiler for his interceptions. He was playing against probably a top 10 defense in the league, and for someone who hasn't spent as much time with our starters a game like this is expected. But if he shows up poor against the weak Pats D then there shouldn't be any excuses for him.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          This is brilliant. i second this.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
            I would agree with getting Henderson in the game

But if we had WRs better than Dt and sanders I’m sure they would be out there

As for the rest there is no market for TS maybe Oz but since he’s on a1 yr contract why trade?

And why would we trade sanders??

Why would we want to bring on more (sloter) late round qbs if we drafting high 1st
            Age was the issue I suggested as the reason for considering trades for DT, Sanders and Talib.

We would bring in more QB's even if we had an early first because history is not on the side of "hitting" on QB's in the first round. The road is littered with 1st round flame outs.

I think there absolutely is a market for TS. TS is a sub par starter but would be an elite caliber backup. He has shown flashes of playing extremely good football. I bet over half the league would view TS as an improvement over the current backup they possess.

Comment

sign alex Smith as a stop gap qB
              do what ever it takes to add quinton nelson in the draft
              hopefully hit on a second round OT
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                $18 mil cap savings over two seasons and Henderson made big plays in camp before the thumb injury. We need a QB way more than DT.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                  Age was the issue I suggested as the reason for considering trades for DT, Sanders and Talib.

We would bring in more QB's even if we had an early first because history is not on the side of "hitting" on QB's in the first round. The road is littered with 1st round flame outs.

I think there absolutely is a market for TS. TS is a sub par starter but would be an elite caliber backup. He has shown flashes of playing extremely good football. I bet over half the league would view TS as an improvement over the current backup they possess.
                  According to Adam Schefter, there was no interest by any team in the off season for Trevor Siemian. I can't imagine that's gotten better now given his performance this season.

There is no trading DT. No one is going to touch that contract especially giving something up for it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    I agree. Booker looks ready to replace CJ Anderson and along with DeAngelo and another draft, our RB stable should be strong enough to withstand the season. Carlos Henderson looked good until his IR thumb surgery, will have to see how he responds to that by next season. Virgil Green is one of our more reliable blockers, but he may be let go too as his contract is expiring next season. and yes, DT and Talib will likely need to go if we want to get Kirk Cousins.
                    Hopefully Jake B will become the TE we need. I'm a big fan of DT and Talib but this team needs an answer at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                      This is brilliant. i second this.
                      I third this.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        Lol, we aren't getting Cousins. Why do people
                        think this?

Comment

I'd like to see if Brock, Paxton, or Chad can possibly be the guy to lead this team. If not, I'd also like to see us go after Cousins. It would be great to not have to spend a lot at the QB position so that we can bring in another playmaker on offense and seriously upgrade the offensive line. I'd leave the defense intact since they've been great all year except for today.
                          Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Comment

Originally posted by snowman33 View Post
                            I'd like to see if Brock, Paxton, or Chad can possibly be the guy to lead this team. If not, I'd also like to see us go after Cousins. It would be great to not have to spend a lot at the QB position so that we can bring in another playmaker on offense and seriously upgrade the offensive line. I'd leave the defense intact since they've been great all year except for today.
                            Yeah maybe Brock will provide a spark against New England?

Comment

I’m at a loss , the team is a total disaster. The best step is lieterally blow it all up. Unless they miraculously find a QB it’s gonna be years til they contend. DT and Von should be traded and just start from scratch. I pray to god they don’t go get Cousins and think he is the answer. And the HC is a horror show to lose his team 7 weeks into his regime. It’s a disgrace and awful showing on elways part

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                                Yeah maybe Brock will provide a spark against New England?
                                I sure hope so. Sunday night in Mile High against Brady and the Patriots.....I remember the last time Brock played in that exact setting.
                                Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X