Lol, we aren't getting Cousins. Why do people
      think this?
      because who else are we getting?
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
        Lol, we aren't getting Cousins. Why do people
        think this?
        I don’t necessarily think we are. But, he’s going to be a free agent. He can sign anywhere he’d like. 49ers just traded for their guy. Doubt they’re signing Cousins now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          Alex Smith?
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            Alex Smith?
            I think he is under contract for one more season. No way the chiefs trade him to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              Alex Smith?
              he still has a year on his contract, I doubt the Chiefs cut him either. And why would they trade him to a divisional rival?
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Cousins is likely unless the redskins decide to tag him for 34.5 million. Thats our best shot at a vet QB.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                  Cousins is likely unless the redskins decide to tag him for 34.5 million. Thats our best shot at a vet QB.
                  problem is he's going to want Stafford's contract, especially if the Redskins go to the playoffs. Don't know if Elway is going to go for that, even if Cousins is miles above what we have.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

if we do make a run at cousins we would probably need to cut Watson which saves 5 mill and is probably gonna happen regardless. Cutting talib which would save 11 mill it would be sad to see him go. Cutting cj would save 4.5 mill I don’t think he is that difficult to replace. A lot of people want to cut DT but his contract makes that impossible.

All togethor that makes 20.5 million on top of the estimated 13 million we should have. Which means 1 big ticket free agent signing (cousins) and the rest is value singings and draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                      In Season Moves
                      1) Scour the league for Practice squad players that could possibly help us at positions of need.
                      2) Clean house on our sub par backups who are never gonna make it as NFL starters. Sign some practice squad guys and give them a shot.
                      3) Get Lynch in there at some point. Run a more 12 schemes so we can help him and not getting him completely rattled. See what the kid has.
                      4) Find out if Booker can be a 3 down back. Get DeAngelo Henderson some touches when you can. Find out what you have there.
                      5) Release Jamaal Charles. Give the vet a chance to latch on some where.
                      6) Shuffle up the WR's a bit. Get some more touches for our backup WR's. Lets see what they have. We know what DT and Sanders are.
                      7) Get Jake Butt out there ASAP. Find out what he brings.

I dont care if we lose every game the rest of the way. We have only 3 wins so we can realistically end up with a top 5 draft pick. If we cant superbowl, might as well get the best position we can to build for the future.

Offseason Moves:
                      *****FIRE VANCE*****
                      8) Consider offers for DT, Sanders, Talib, CJA, Brock, and Trevor.
                      9) Focus on three things this off season, Improving the O Line, Finding a LB or S that can cover TE's and finding a Franchise QB.
                      10) Have a conversation with Lynch in SF. If SF ends up with a top two draft pick they may find someone who they like better than garopollo. Tell Lynch we may want him.
                      11) Free up cap room in case Cousins and or some other studs hit FA. We need to have the flexibility to move.
                      12) If we end up with a top 5 pick, be open to the idea of trading down and getting a boatload of picks. We have A LOT of holes to fix. DE, DT, LB, G, T, QB, WR.
                      13) Bring in multiple QB's to compete next year. Get Kelly, Sloter (back if you can) and some others to have a true competition with Lynch.
                      Agree with most of this & yes the time to start working on it is now not off season. I also see us going 3-13. No on Lynch. I say give Oz 2-3 more games so Lynch can't claim he's hurt. But today VJ was asked why Paxton was not playing - was it physical or mental and he said BOTH?? What does that mean ? Is he too stupid to get the playbook or just too immature? I think both. I doubt our HC or McCoy would have the guts to shake it up ie 5 wide outs or 2 tight end I mean how vanilla can we get?? Offseason OK with trading DT, CJ Brock & Trevor but no to Talib or Sanders 2 guys who actually go all out on every play and the only 2 with heart. And I would LOVE to see both Kelly & Sloter in there. That sounds to me like a far better chance than some rookie college QB is going to come in & light it up year 1 or 2. I mean Wenz & Goff are just starting to get it. I don't see any Dak Prescotts in the draft & there is zero chance of Brees, Luck, or any other good QB being available.
                      Bronco Bob

Comment

So the Redskins plan on just letting him go? He's already decided Denver is him home next year?

There is a better chance Washington makes him the highest paid QB next year.

We aren't signing Cousins.

Who does Washington get once we sign their Qb of the future?

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                          I don’t necessarily think we are. But, he’s going to be a free agent. He can sign anywhere he’d like. 49ers just traded for their guy. Doubt they’re signing Cousins now.
                          Washington will tag him if they have to, they aren't letting him go.

Comment

Washington will tag him if they have to, they aren't letting him go.
                            I’m pretty sure Washington would have to pay him 33 million or so to franchise tag him for a third straight year. I thought it’s been pretty accepted that they weren’t going to tag him. I could be wrong. Who knows.
                            Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 11-05-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I honestly am not down on Osweiler for his interceptions. He was playing against probably a top 10 defense in the league, and for someone who hasn't spent as much time with our starters a game like this is expected. But if he shows up poor against the weak Pats D then there shouldn't be any excuses for him.
                              agreed...if he don't show up its time to get lynch the game time...so we know the plan into the off season
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

So the Redskins plan on just letting him go? He's already decided Denver is him home next year?

There is a better chance Washington makes him the highest paid QB next year.

We aren't signing Cousins.

Who does Washington get once we sign their Qb of the future?
                                I'm not saying we are getting him. But there's a chance that we go for him and the Redskins lose him to FA. It all depends on whether or not the Redskins cap space, currently sitting at a little under 4.5 million, will increase to in the offseason. If they start losing more and more games with Cousins at the helm, it won't be a hard decision for them let him go, especially if they'll have a shot at Rosen/Darnold/Jackson/Thorson.
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X