No announcement yet.

What should the next steps be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad showing today, and our man coverage did not work, C.Harris was Good, Talib had a no so memorable game got burnt a couple of time (Bad) and one was a score. This brings up the question why not? save a bunch of money and rebuild. We have players that are aging and will not earn their keep. DT, Sanders, CJ. yes . Question is if the front office can find talent ?

The coaches will have to be vetted, are they the right personel ? This year too many new faces and some positions have a rookie. Makes me wonder who is in charge ?

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      I’m pretty sure Washington would have to pay him 33 million or so to franchise tag him for a third straight year. I thought it’s been pretty accepted that they weren’t going to tag him. I could be wrong. Who knows.
      That would have to be one of the most expensive moves they have made if they decide to tag him again. They still have Terrelle Pryor, DeAngelo Hall, Shaun Lauvao to re-sign, not to mention many other players that are on their contract year this year. Either they sign Cousins to a long term deal or tag him and pretty much lose all their skill players. I'd assume they'd rather sign him to a deal, but their cap space is going to make it hard for them to sign him to a competitive deal as well.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

And dont forget the 'no state tax' 'under the cap' Jags need a QB too don't they

I would like to see Alex Smith here. I have no idea how likely it could be. I have a hard time seeing KC keeping Smith as a back up if Smith asks to be dealt. Smith is on record saying he thinks it's his last year playing for KC. They want to play their rook

How they end this season will go a long way toward guessing what they'll do with their rook next season.

Get Smith - and draft OL if the talent is worth where we pick. Or maybe even despite the value per draft pick. It all starts on the LOS.

Even if we're still working with our 3 QB's we got now - we must fortify the right side of the OL with talent. -- not warm bodies that are 'tall'
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
          $18 mil cap savings over two seasons and Henderson made big plays in camp before the thumb injury. We need a QB way more than DT.
          that has nothing to do on if he could replace dt...and if you tink he is a suitable replacement....don't know what to say about that....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
            Lol, we aren't getting Cousins. Why do people
            think this?
            why are you so sure we aren't?
            sigpic

Comment

with Oakland winning tonight, we are now currently ranked the 8th pick in the draft....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                $18 mil cap savings over two seasons and Henderson made big plays in camp before the thumb injury. We need a QB way more than DT.
                I think isn't there a whole bunch of dead money involved if he's cut at the end of this season
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

the team lacks discipline
                  Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                    I’m pretty sure Washington would have to pay him 33 million or so to franchise tag him for a third straight year. I thought it’s been pretty accepted that they weren’t going to tag him. I could be wrong. Who knows.
                    If he gets greedy then I could see them tagging him. I'd say they either tag or sign him. There is no way you let him walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      why are you so sure we aren't?
                      Washington will either sign him or tag him for a fortune. What makes you think they let him walk? They couldn't make a worse decision even if they tried.

Comment

• With our porous OL why would any good FA QB come here unless they didn't have any other options? We need to make building our OL the top priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                          Washington will either sign him or tag him for a fortune. What makes you think they let him walk? They couldn't make a worse decision even if they tried.
                          limited cap space. If the Redskins start to lose games and miss the playoffs, they may not entertain a deal to Cousins.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                            limited cap space. If the Redskins start to lose games and miss the playoffs, they may not entertain a deal to Cousins.
                            There's no way. If they don't make the playoffs it won't be on Cousins. Not signing Cousins makes their team worse, much worse. There is no way Cousins isn't a Redskin next year.

Comment

• It really wouldn't hurt to change our playcalling up a bit.

Run up the middle for no gain
                              Run up the middle for 2
                              Throw.
                              Punt

Anyone can beat us with this. Switch it up so we're not telegraphing the whole world what we're doing.

Thought they were gonna create a different plan for each opponent. Don't believe it. It all looks the same.
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                                They won't tag him and he may not want to stay there. if they don't tag him, they have no leverage over him to make him stay.

I don't know if they will sign him long term or not but they haven't wanted to so far so there is no real reason to believe they will this offseason.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X