Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rst08tierney
    replied
    I would pay Cousins 5 yr / 125m (similar to Carrs)

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-r...ek-carr-14445/

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    It would be nice but there is no way the browns or giants pass on him, they will both be ahead of denver
    My prediction right now is that John trades with John and Denver takes whichever of the two qbs the browns don’t take. Not saying I want that. Just giving what I think will happen.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I suggest everyone watch the Pac-12 game with USC vs Stanford. There is a huge chance we are drafting Darnold at 4th or 5th overall.
    It would be nice but there is no way the browns or giants pass on him, they will both be ahead of denver

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    I suggest everyone watch the Pac-12 game with USC vs Stanford. There is a huge chance we are drafting Darnold at 4th or 5th overall.

Leave a comment:

• VonElway758
    replied
    And going back to the lottery that is paying a franchise QB,most of us,if we’re honest,would have to admit that the stars looked aligned for Carr with his big contract to light up like a million dollar firework display this year.
    That’s why I hope we get a top 5 pick and a guy who can manage the offense for a season or two rather than bet the house on someone who is only an injury away from leaving us dead in the water.

Leave a comment:

• VonElway758
    replied
    Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
    Cousins is a baller, if we can get him at 20/mil a year then hopefully we jump on it.
    Eli is on around 20m.
    I think Cousins will be looking for 26m and for that I want Rodgers-style peace of mind.
    And I do think Cousins is excellent but not enough to make him the highest paid player of all time.
    And i’d think twice about giving Eli $10m a year now so that’s what we’re up against trying to sign a franchise QB.
    We don’t know how fit Luck will ever be so take Aaron out of the mix and anyone at over 20 will guarantee nothing.
    Only Brees for two years would be worth that gamble on current form and that’s not happening.
    I know i’ll probably cop a lot of pelters for this but Phillip is playing like a guy who is fighting for his life and I like how he’s sticking up for Eli even though he replaces him on the consecutive starts list.
    I know he’s the guy most Denver fans look at the way the Raiders and others look at Aqib but if we could have got him after Peyton,I’d have been overjoyed and I suspect Von and most of the prime NFZ would have felt the same way.
    No doubt most won’t be happy but I don’t care.I’d have loved the chance to get the guy we’re supposed to hate because if he wasn’t so damn effective and backed up his trash talk,he’d be just another divisional rival QB.
    Maybe too late physically but i’d take him over Alex Smith all day every day.

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I would pass on Kirks amount that I am sure he is aiming for !
    Franchise QBs are not cheap. Automatic SB contenders if we signed him.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    The reason Why I am 99% sure is I think they draft a QB with their top pick
    I would pass on Kirks amount that I am sure he is aiming for !

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    you haven't been paying attention to what the Redskins have been trying to do. They already offered him 22 million a year with 53 guaranteed, and he turned it down in favor of the franchise tag at 24 million a year. He's not going to take less than his franchise tag, and will likely want somewhere in the range of 70+ million guaranteed. This is the reason why I am over 99% certain he isn't going to be a Bronco.
    The reason Why I am 99% sure is I think they draft a QB with their top pick

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    you haven't been paying attention to what the Redskins have been trying to do. They already offered him 22 million a year with 53 guaranteed, and he turned it down in favor of the franchise tag at 24 million a year. He's not going to take less than his franchise tag, and will likely want somewhere in the range of 70+ million guaranteed. This is the reason why I am over 99% certain he isn't going to be a Bronco.
    It very well could be that he turned them down simply because they haven't shown a lot of interest in keeping him, almost like they have to offer him something because they have to not because they really want him. If I'm not mistaken he even referred to that on their last offer to him. He wants to go somewhere where he is wanted. He could except a contract just like that in another place just to spite the Redskins.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Cousins is a baller, if we can get him at 20/mil a year then hopefully we jump on it.

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    Is this the excuse we'll use if he's here? He's not better than players like Smith or Keenum this year that says hes worth on par to the most expensive contract in the league. And let's be realistic, for what reason will he even come here?
    Cousins is better then both Smith and Keenum. His Oline is all busted up, the backup are even injured. Cousins is a solid QB and we'd be lucky if we got him.

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    We lack talent on offense as well especially since I think they will move Thomas at the end of the season. Our run game isn't that dominant so we have nothing to take the pressure off Cousins. Don't have a line to protect him really. I for one don't want to pay cousins all that money either. I don't think he'd be a good fit here or rather I'd give Elway a pass if he wanted to go the cheap route on this one. Cousins isn't worth 20mil a season.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    I mean he isn't bad. By no means. And you're right, he isn't throwing 2 TD's a game. Bad comment on my part. Id be be fine seeing him here. But when you consider he is an above average QB but he is about to miss the playoffs with his team. He is not going to be worth paying on par the highest contract in the league. Just not worth it when we have a ton of other FA needs. He isn't exactly throwing well against sub par defenses like Dallas and the 49ers. Why does everyone feel the need to come to bat for a QB that has a 2% chance of being on this team next year? And against the same defense Siemian faced in week 2 he threw worse numbers. Make of that what you will.
    Im not coming to bat for him because I think he might have a chance to be on our team. I do it because I think it’s fun to debate things that have real cases to both sides of an argument. Cousins is one of those cases.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Does Cousins actually throw 2 INTs a game? Or did he just have a bad night trying to carry a talent lacking offense on the road? Come on now
    Is this the excuse we'll use if he's here? He's not better than players like Smith or Keenum this year that says hes worth on par to the most expensive contract in the league. And let's be realistic, for what reason will he even come here?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X