• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    How is Lynch going to start? He's still hurt, hasn't even practiced yet
    He's been throwing

Comment

Getting quality QB play can be a huge balancing act. I don’t think there’s a QB in the NFL that would succeed behind Denvers “dumpster fire” offensive line. Trevor should be playing better but he’s clearly shellshocked. I personally think he has a chance to be an excellent quarterback, but not behind these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
        He's been throwing
        LOL yeah, let's throw him right on in there?
        SMDH

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
          SMDH
          Come on man, use some common sense here. Not that difficult. It doesn't have to be right now, but when he is healthy enough to play, he should play. I believe he has been practicing but his shoulder is still a little "sore". I don't know that is as big a deal you are making it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by 98-O-Line View Post
            Getting quality QB play can be a huge balancing act. I don’t think there’s a QB in the NFL that would succeed behind Denvers “dumpster fire” offensive line. Trevor should be playing better but he’s clearly shellshocked. I personally think he has a chance to be an excellent quarterback, but not behind these guys.
            really? excellent?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
              SMDH
              I always find it funny when people put smh. Like, are you a grown man/woman just sitting in your basement shaking your head at internet posts? Lol.

Comment

Come on man, use some common sense here. Not that difficult. It doesn't have to be right now, but when he is healthy enough to play, he should play. I believe he has been practicing but his shoulder is still a little "sore". I don't know that is as big a deal you are making it out to be.
                It's been 2 months since he got hurt and his shoulder is still "sore". I doubt he'll be healthy enough to play anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  It's been 2 months since he got hurt and his shoulder is still "sore". I doubt he'll be healthy enough to play anytime soon
                  We shall see, in my original post I did put "if" healthy. Hopefully they can pull someone off the street if Lynch can't go.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                    Brock should be started. Yes he played terrible last year for the Texans but he had a coach that didn't want him and I think he was trying to be more than what he was. What this team needs is a game manager and we can win. Nothing fancy just a QB that can make plays take what the defense gives sieze some opportunities when the come and not lose us the game. Brock was pretty much that with us not too long ago and I don't see why he can't be that again. He has proven that he can't be a franchise QB but he has also proven that he can do enough within the role of managing a game to win. And our line was way worst than it is now so I don't wanna hear that excuse.
                    Let's start Von Miller at QB and Chris Harris at right tackle. Promote Andy Janovich to Offensive Coordinator and insert Brock Olivo as the HB. Mike McCoy can serve as backup qb to Von Miller. Even if we lost, at least I'd be entertained. We would keep Trevor by the way in this plan. He would be the RB because he is used to running for his life behind this line. We might score a field goal with this line up.

Seriously though, I am excited to see how Vance Joseph approaches the rest of the season. At 3-3 the Denver Bronco's are still in the hunt to win the AFC west. The next two games will define our season.
                    Last edited by justabroncosfan; 10-22-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

It doesn't mean much of anything at this point, but for what it's worth Brock didn't lose that QB competition in Cleveland. He was a lame duck they used to give Kizer some comp. Kizer beat out no one, and he's proving that right now. Even if he is healthy enough to play, if you throw Lynch in there now, you're really flirting with giving up on the season. Lynch does not look ready, and pass protection is an issue. It's not a good idea, IMO. Brock's confidence may never recover from everything that has happened since being benched against SD two years ago, but we have a history with him. The star players on this team were there for it. You give him and the team a crack at salvaging the season if possible, and if it doesn't work out, move on to the next phase of the Paxton Lynch project.

When Lynch was drafted, I heard a lot of scouts saying that he would need a couple years. He hasn't shown much so far, but that was the belief going in. That doesn't mean you can't draft somebody, bring somebody in, or have an existing quarterback compete with him for the starting job next year either.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        It doesn't mean much of anything at this point, but for what it's worth Brock didn't lose that QB competition in Cleveland. He was a lame duck they used to give Kizer some comp. Kizer beat out no one, and he's proving that right now. Even if he is healthy enough to play, if you throw Lynch in there now, you're really flirting with giving up on the season. Lynch does not look ready, and pass protection is an issue. It's not a good idea, IMO. Brock's confidence may never recover from everything that has happened since being benched against SD two years ago, but we have a history with him. The star players on this team were there for it. You give him and the team a crack at salvaging the season if possible, and if it doesn't work out, move on to the next phase of the Paxton Lynch project.

When Lynch was drafted, I heard a lot of scouts saying that he would need a couple years. He hasn't shown much so far, but that was the belief going in. That doesn't mean you can't draft somebody, bring somebody in, or have an existing quarterback compete with him for the starting job next year either.
                        Kizer outplayed Brock in preseason. Brock looked horrible. Not sure why people keep saying otherwise.

Comment

Kizer outplayed Brock in preseason. Brock looked horrible. Not sure why people keep saying otherwise.
                          You watched all of Cleveland's preseason games? If so, sure. You're entitled to your opinion. Just remember that Cleveland's original plan was to cut Osweiler anyway.

Also, don't forget that Jackson is the same guy who forced RGIII on the Cleveland Browns.

Comment

As much as I supported Siemian I agree probably best for the team now for Brock to start. Brock is no elite QB, or long term starter for that matter but he's at least proven he can game manage an NFL offense good enough to give a team a shot to win.

Who knows maybe he could take the job and stay with it for now till someone else comes around draft wise. Unlikely but way TS has horribly played after his flashes beginning of this season we have to make a move to salvage the season.

Comment

At this point, it doesn't matter. Our only hope to win DIV is to get a win in KC. This keeps us on pace to maybe go 5-1 in the DIV, which could help if we somehow manage to go 10-6...

The reason I would bench TS is bc, from what I see, he seems to be getting worse each week.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                                You watched all of Cleveland's preseason games? If so, sure. You're entitled to your opinion. Just remember that Cleveland's original plan was to cut Osweiler anyway.

Also, don't forget that Jackson is the same guy who forced RGIII on the Cleveland Browns.
                                Not all of them, but I watched the games where Brock was involved.

Regardless of their "plan", Brock was outplayed. I don't see why people hate on the Browns for cutting him. The Texans paid to get rid of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X