Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    really? excellent?
    I did say “chance”. Btw just saw Cam’s post game interview. : Who's the cat that won't cop out / When there's danger all about? / SHAFT! / Can ya dig it.

Comment

The reality is, it doesn't matter who we start... The philosophy is wrong. We attempted 35 passes to 17 runs. (Trevor's 2 scrambles don't count IMO)
      We really need to flip that. Give the D a rest, chew the clock and prevent mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
        Let’s be real, Paxton would most likely start if healthy over Brock. I would assume they would give him a chance to see if he is worth keeping or not.
        If you wanna be real let's be real. Lynch is a bust and should never start another game for us again. Brock should be our Starting QB. Hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
          At this point, it doesn't matter. Our only hope to win DIV is to get a win in KC.
          I agree. If we win in KC, we're still in the hunt to win the AFC west. If we lose, its over. That's the Denver Bronco's first "must win" game of the season this year. Is it scary that their first "must win" game is in week 8?

Comment

To state the obvious, this season always hinged on oline play. I thought TS would show improvement if the oline improved, and for a couple games that seemed to be the case. Buffalo showed how to beat the Broncos by stuffing the run and forcing Denver to pass. This exposed the weakness of the oline, and TS has proven unable to make teams pay. The sad reality is we don’t have a QB on the roster who can. It’s worth trying Brock because TS is done. But I don’t expect much. Maybe changing the QB will spark something in the team and coaches. Something needs to change, that’s for sure. Trotting out the same team we fielded today is as good as a forfeit.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
              The reality is, it doesn't matter who we start... The philosophy is wrong. We attempted 35 passes to 17 runs. (Trevor's 2 scrambles don't count IMO)
              We really need to flip that. Give the D a rest, chew the clock and prevent mistakes.
              If it were so easy right. You don't think our coaches know that? Really? Hard to run the ball when they stack the box because they know we're not gonna be throwin the ball deep. Can't chew the clock if you can't move the ball. They tried and tried and tried to run the ball today. It didn't work so they had to throw it.

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                Not all of them, but I watched the games where Brock was involved.

Regardless of their "plan", Brock was outplayed. I don't see why people hate on the Browns for cutting him. The Texans paid to get rid of him.
                If you think he got outplayed that's fine, but Brock never got a fair shake. You should've seen that as well. Kizer was always going to be the starter. The final nail in the coffin was a ball tipped at the LOS that got picked, and Osweiler was already on a short leash. Kizer was spraying the ball all over the field, and would occasionally connect on an eye candy bomb. So the stats tell you he outplayed Brock. How's he doing now? The word in Cleveland is that Hue Jackson has been involved with the acquisition of both RGIII and Kizer. They passed on Wentz and Watson. So that says what about his ability to scout the quarterback position?

Let me ask you this, if Brock was the starting quarterback for the Browns, do you think he would have 11 picks with, what is it, 7 in the red zone right now?

Comment

I agree.

Teams 3-3

Reboot Time

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                    If you think he got outplayed that's fine, but Brock never got a fair shake. You should've seen that as well. Kizer was always going to be the starter. The final nail in the coffin was a ball tipped at the LOS that got picked, and Osweiler was already on a short leash. Kizer was spraying the ball all over the field, and would occasionally connect on an eye candy bomb. So the stats tell you he outplayed Brock. How's he doing now? The word in Cleveland is that Hue Jackson has been involved with the acquisition of both RGIII and Kizer. They passed on Wentz and Watson. So that says what about his ability to scout the quarterback position?

Let me ask you this, if Brock was the starting quarterback for the Browns, do you think he would have 11 picks with, what is it, 7 in the red zone right now?
                    I think it's possible. He had more picks than TDs last year. He had zero 300 yds games, and probably more games under 200 yds than over. Brock is bad, so bad. Why would the Browns keep him on their roster after seeing what he did with the Texans? There is no upside with Oz, but there could be with Kizer. They weren't going to waste game reps on a QB with no upside. Regardless of Jacksons past QB mistakes, he made the right call in acquiring a nice pick then cutting Oz.

Comment

I think it's possible. He had more picks than TDs last year. He had zero 300 yds games, and probably more games under 200 yds than over. Brock is bad, so bad. Why would the Browns keep him on their roster after seeing what he did with the Texans? There is no upside with Oz, but there could be with Kizer. They weren't going to waste game reps on a QB with no upside. Regardless of Jacksons past QB mistakes, he made the right call in acquiring a nice pick then cutting Oz.
                      Well that's fine. It looks good on paper. Maybe Jackson will put in on his resume when he's looking for an OC job this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Montoya View Post
                        If it were so easy right. You don't think our coaches know that? Really? Hard to run the ball when they stack the box because they know we're not gonna be throwin the ball deep. Can't chew the clock if you can't move the ball. They tried and tried and tried to run the ball today. It didn't work so they had to throw it.
                        No they didn't... 17 runs... 3.2 yard rushing average. That's not what I call trying.
                        Stack the box, you still run... And you CAN chew the clock if you don't move the ball... The clock runs if you stay in bounds... That's my point: resting the D and attempting to control field position via defense and special teams is where this offense and coaching staff should be thinking.

Comment

Well that's fine. It looks good on paper. Maybe Jackson will put in on his resume when he's looking for an OC job this offseason.
                          It's not resume worthy, it's common sense. No HC is going into the season with Brock as their starting QB. Most won't even go into the season with him as their backup unless it's an emergency situation.

Comment

It's not resume worthy, it's common sense. No HC is going into the season with Brock as their starting QB. Most won't even go into the season with him as their backup unless it's an emergency situation.
                            Yep. That's why he's on our active roster right now. There are no other competent quarterbacks left in the world. If only we could've gotten a young quarterback with upside like Kyle Sloter. Who the hell is John Elway to do such a thing?

Comment

Yep. That's why he's on our active roster right now. There are no other competent quarterbacks left in the world. If only we could've gotten a young quarterback with upside like Kyle Sloter. Who the hell is John Elway to do such a thing?
                              Like I said, "emergency situation". Brock was jobless before we picked him up. Had Paxton not been injured he could still be jobless.

Comment

Like I said, "emergency situation". Brock was jobless before we picked him up. Had Paxton not been injured he could still be jobless.
                                Maybe, maybe not. Who knows. You've got something against Brock, I can tell. We all should, so I don't blame you. The problem is, it's a hard sell to the fans and players to bring Paxton in at .500 given what we've seen. Brock's been bad, no doubt, but you throw him in there and see if he can manage the game (or even recapture some of the good stuff he did two years ago). If it doesn't work, hey no big deal. Give Paxton some PT.

Comment

Working...
                                X