Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brock should start.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Keep starting TS and we'll get our franchise QB, in the draft next year when we procure a top 5 pick.
    This-

    I want a top pick

    Comment


    • #47
      Lynch is a mental midget, Osweiler is Delusional... TS is untrostworthy...

      Chad $wag Kelly is a maroon...

      We're in trouble.

      I am all in for throwing thunder in there.

      Comment


      • #48
        Brock isn't going to turn the team around but it might spark the team enough to get out of the rut

        In the post game presser VJ kind of let something slip in a way. When asked if he thought about changing QB's he of course said no - Trevor is our QB.

        but he continued with ...look it was a 2 score game most of the way through - so why think about changing when you're still in the game?

        It almost sounds as if he was willing to make a change if we weren't in the game any longer ...with enough time left to do something.
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by 98-O-Line View Post
          Getting quality QB play can be a huge balancing act. I don’t think there’s a QB in the NFL that would succeed behind Denvers “dumpster fire” offensive line. Trevor should be playing better but he’s clearly shellshocked. I personally think he has a chance to be an excellent quarterback, but not behind these guys.
          Put Riley Dixon in for some reps. He could take the snap from a punters distance and that way he would have plenty of time to get rid of the ball.

          Comment


          • #50
            I think you start Siemian one more game. Hear me out: Because Joseph/Elway supposedly committed to him at the beginning of the season, you don't want the next guy looking over their shoulder thinking if they have a couple bad games, they are also out. This shows commitment beyond what performance would dictate.

            Then, if he fails (most likely he will), you start Paxton as soon as he's healthy. I'm pretty sure Paxton will be beyond terrible, but we've got him for 3 more years on a rookie contract so we need to grow him (or at least build trade value), not Brock. Brock's a rent-a-player we will toss at the end of the year.

            Then, when Teddy Bridgewater comes back to the Vikings, you drop Brock and sign Sloter because that guy's the truth. (OK, kidding on this one, but I think he's got better physical and mental tools than anyone on our current roster).

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
              I bet Brock could prove you wrong. He needs to be cut to make room for returning players, start Lynch.
              Why exactly? Lynch couldn't beat out Siemian and you think he's gonna be better than Brock?

              Throwing Lynch in there now would most likely ruin him. He's not ready to run for his life on every play and probably couldn't handle throwing all the picks and taking all the sacks he would most likely be subject to.

              I mean, unless we wanna tank this year and go for a top 5 pick. Then yea I could see us starting Lynch, cutting him and Sirmian and extending Brock next season to back up Chad Kelly while we draft a legitimate RT.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                Keep starting TS and we'll get our franchise QB, in the draft next year when we procure a top 5 pick.
                Problem is the defense is still good, and we might actually win games still
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                  It doesn't mean much of anything at this point, but for what it's worth Brock didn't lose that QB competition in Cleveland. He was a lame duck they used to give Kizer some comp. Kizer beat out no one, and he's proving that right now. Even if he is healthy enough to play, if you throw Lynch in there now, you're really flirting with giving up on the season. Lynch does not look ready, and pass protection is an issue. It's not a good idea, IMO. Brock's confidence may never recover from everything that has happened since being benched against SD two years ago, but we have a history with him. The star players on this team were there for it. You give him and the team a crack at salvaging the season if possible, and if it doesn't work out, move on to the next phase of the Paxton Lynch project.

                  When Lynch was drafted, I heard a lot of scouts saying that he would need a couple years. He hasn't shown much so far, but that was the belief going in. That doesn't mean you can't draft somebody, bring somebody in, or have an existing quarterback compete with him for the starting job next year either.
                  This is what the scouts thought of Paxton.

                  Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
                  Height: 6-6. Weight: 244. Hand: 10.25
                  40 Time: 4.86.
                  Projected Round (2016): 1.
                  4/25/16: Lynch is a big benefactor of the trades at the top of the 2016 NFL Draft. With quarterbacks off the board in the first two picks, teams could be scrambling to land him. Sources expect Lynch to go in the top-25 picks.

                  At the combine, Lynch showed off his strong arm. He was slower than expected in the 40, and his footwork needs a lot of development to work under center - something he never did in college. The time in Indianapolis confirmed that Lynch has a skill set to develop, but he's a project and not necessarily a candidate to start from his first day in the NFL.

                  Sources said that Lynch didn't interview poorly at the combine, but he illustrated that he has a serious amount to learn from a football I.Q. perspective. He just simply hasn't been taught and is a bigger project on the mental side of the game than the other early round quarterbacks.

                  In 2015, Lynch completed 67 percent of his passes for 3,778 yards with 28 touchdowns and three interceptions. He has a good skill set, but is raw and needs development. Lynch has an arm that can make all the throws for the pro game, and he flashed the ability to pass accurately and beat good coverage with precise completions into tight windows. Lynch also has the athleticism to make plays with his feet and or throws on the run.

                  However, there is a lot of work that Lynch needs. His footwork and field vision are the primary areas to improve. Lynch was inconsistent with passing accurately and working through his progressions. He needs to become more consistent with the ability to thrive as a pocket passer as well. His eye movement and working through his progressions need to be faster and more consistent. According to sources, his head coach Justin Fuente said that Lynch needs to mature on the field with his football I.Q. and needs to mature off the field to handle being a franchise quarterback. Fuente coached Andy Dalton at TCU, and he told NFL evaluators that Dalton was far ahead of where Lynch is coming out of college. Some teams have given Lynch a second-round grade.

                  In his previous seasons as a starter, Lynch used his running ability more. As a sophomore, he ran for 321 yards with 13 touchdowns while completing 63 percent of his passes for 3,031 yards with 22 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Lynch completed 58 percent of his passes for 2,056 yards with nine touchdowns and 10 interceptions as a freshman.

                  Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2016QB.php#ixzz4wKV722un

                  Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016Q...4u0CKq4RzPI.99
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Can you hear ourselves? I think the real problem is if Trevor gets hurt we have no reliable backup. Trevor is getting hammered out there, the blueprint has been published and it is working against us. I'd be happy for Check Down Charlie to come back and get us through this season. The one thing you can say about Trevor is he is tough! I'd be scared going out there against the next few games. I bet neither Brock nor Paxton truly want this to be there opportunity to show that they can play. Trevor has a job that no one wants!
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Brock can at least move better in the pocket, TS won't step up, and sometimes i don't blame him. But when they're plays to be made, TS is just flat out missing the open guy. Sometimes he doesn't even see the open guy.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Let's be honest guys......after Peyton retired I'm betting that nearly all of us thought Brock was the guy who would take over and keep things going for us. He went 5-2 in his starts and beat the Patriots and the Bengals (who were really good at that time) along the way. Things went bad for him in Houston and he never was given a chance in Cleveland. I think he should be starting for the Broncos right now and I'd keep starting him if he does a good job. If the season falls apart and Brock isn't getting the job done, I'd start Paxton for the rest of the season to see what he's got. I honestly think Brock can be a serviceable QB in this league in the right setting. He lost his confidence in Houston but maybe coming back home to Denver will get him back to where he was when he left.
                        Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                          I think it's possible. He had more picks than TDs last year. He had zero 300 yds games, and probably more games under 200 yds than over. Brock is bad, so bad. Why would the Browns keep him on their roster after seeing what he did with the Texans? There is no upside with Oz, but there could be with Kizer. They weren't going to waste game reps on a QB with no upside. Regardless of Jacksons past QB mistakes, he made the right call in acquiring a nice pick then cutting Oz.
                          Kizer does not throw with anticipation. He does just like Siemian, he waits for his receivers to get to the area where the ball is going to be and then he throws. They both need to learn to pass the ball before their receivers get to that point of the field.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Well, I think it's time to release the shackles. Whoever plays at QB is not going to turn over the Chiefs, the Eagles and the Pats by playing conservatively.
                            The coaches need to get a grip, release the obvious tension and fear afflicting the team and just go for it.

                            I'd put Brock in. He's the next man up. I'd then ask him to go deep. Unless we have a QB prepared to do this our next three opponents will simply stuff the run.

                            Be bold.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                              It doesn't mean much of anything at this point, but for what it's worth Brock didn't lose that QB competition in Cleveland. He was a lame duck they used to give Kizer some comp. Kizer beat out no one, and he's proving that right now. Even if he is healthy enough to play, if you throw Lynch in there now, you're really flirting with giving up on the season. Lynch does not look ready, and pass protection is an issue. It's not a good idea, IMO. Brock's confidence may never recover from everything that has happened since being benched against SD two years ago, but we have a history with him. The star players on this team were there for it. You give him and the team a crack at salvaging the season if possible, and if it doesn't work out, move on to the next phase of the Paxton Lynch project.

                              When Lynch was drafted, I heard a lot of scouts saying that he would need a couple years. He hasn't shown much so far, but that was the belief going in. That doesn't mean you can't draft somebody, bring somebody in, or have an existing quarterback compete with him for the starting job next year either.
                              I think Oz has recovered from his SD benching years ago. I doubt he would have come back to Denver if he was still being a baby about that.

                              Our LG and RT was just as bad in 2015 as it is now. Oz is not franchise level qb but he is better than TS and has shown he can play better than TS does when the OL is horrible.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by snowman33 View Post
                                Let's be honest guys......after Peyton retired I'm betting that nearly all of us thought Brock was the guy who would take over and keep things going for us. He went 5-2 in his starts and beat the Patriots and the Bengals (who were really good at that time) along the way. Things went bad for him in Houston and he never was given a chance in Cleveland. I think he should be starting for the Broncos right now and I'd keep starting him if he does a good job. If the season falls apart and Brock isn't getting the job done, I'd start Paxton for the rest of the season to see what he's got. I honestly think Brock can be a serviceable QB in this league in the right setting. He lost his confidence in Houston but maybe coming back home to Denver will get him back to where he was when he left.
                                Agreed!

                                People need to get over the past. I think Oz has done a better job of getting over the past then some posters around here.

                                It is about doing what is best for the team now.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X