Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway's long term plan

Fellas

Sadly I don't think JE or our FO is trying to win right now. It looks like we are a team planning for 2 years from now, or so... I really believe our FO is in future-planning mode..

-tried to force in Paxton
    -brought in offensive coordinator McCoy to run spread system better for Paxton than Trev
    -hired rookie coaches, forced out outstanding vet coaches
    -moved on from Ward in favor of Simmons
    -didn't sign any expensive FAs last year

All of these events point to Elway being focused on the state of our organization in 2-3 years, when Paxton is supposed to be our QB and these coaches are supposed to be a little more experienced

If we were more focused on winning now, we would've hired/kept experienced coaches, we would've kept a scheme Siemian fits, we would've kept Ward, and we would've spent big on RT

Whether or not this is the right move, I dunno. We have an interesting timeline
    Last edited by SoundsOfSuccess; 10-23-2017, 08:21 AM.

I still think he was banking on romo. Say what you want about the line and romos health but it appeared that we were holding out cap to make that move. If a win now QB becomes available I think he will make a move but until then he has to work with what's available.

As for the coaches I can't remember who all was available but I think every coach that got hired this past off season is a rookie HC. what veteran HC was really available that didn't fail at his last stop?

As for ward he can't even see the field on the bucs.

We signed probably the best offensive guard in free agency. We attempted to get Campbell but got outbid.

I think you always have to plan for long term success in addition to short term and he is attempting to do both it just hasn't played out the way he wanted. In a perfect world Peyton would have retired Brock would have pick up where he left off and schofield and ty would be holding down the offensive line.

Comment

Jake Butt?

Since he is eligible to return and likely to make his debut very soon would he help improve this offense? Since he can stretch the seems and go verticle would that help open up running lanes and make Trevor more comfortable ? Im concerned that even if he is active we wont use him a ton like we should.

Comment

He can stretch the field all he wants won't help if the QB never sees him or under throws him when he does.

Comment

Right now I'm not sure anything can make Siemian feel more comfortable. He looks completely lost, like he has zero confidence. Butt will help the O, but only once they put in another QB.

Comment

McCoy doesn't design plays for TE's. Butt will be wasted in a McCoy offense.

Comment

The plans have not worked out for the oline but there was an effort to improve it. The signed Leary to a top 10 G salary. They took a chance on a promising but often injured Watson. and used a 1st rd pick on a tackle. Adding to a highly rated center and multiple "hopeful development" players to fill out the oline. Obviously they have not been as successful as hoped but those were win now moves.

As for the coaches. I agree they were looking to the future to replace Kubiak and Phillips with younger coaches., Even if inexperienced they were coveted before the season. IMO Woods has done a great job with the defense. Top 3 in the League despite the anchor of an offense is impressive.

Bringing in two quality OCs in McCoy and Musgrave was a move to give the young inexperienced QBs every opportunity to win. Bringing in Charles was a risky win now safety valve for the offense. And Peko a risky vet signing has looked perfect in improving the rush defense so far.

The run game can work (as it did in early weeks) if opposing defenses were not stacking the box to stop it without paying the price in the pass game it would still be productive IMO.

Lynch not earning the job is a disappointing setback. I agree he was given every opportunity to do so and so far has not delivered. Perhaps that can be salvaged the second half of the season.

But to your premise that Elway is not looking to win this year, I don't agree.

Comment

Elway might want to separate himself from this dumpster fire before it tarnishes his legacy. If not, maybe they can throw enough money at Cousins to get a legit QB next season. McCoy has to be fired though, because no QB will be successful running his garbage plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                  Hunter Henry and Antonio gates combined for 89 catches just over 1k yards and 17tds last season with McCoy.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBalla2k5 View Post
                    Since he is eligible to return and likely to make his debut very soon would he help improve this offense? Since he can stretch the seems and go verticle would that help open up running lanes and make Trevor more comfortable ? Im concerned that even if he is active we wont use him a ton like we should.
                    What good would stretching the field do when Siemian can only hit check downs.
                    Denver Broncos
                    New York Yankees
                    New York Knicks
                    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

He designed a great gameplan for Hunter Henry when the chargers beat us on MNF last year. Butt is just as talented as Henry maybe even more.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                        I still think he was banking on romo. Say what you want about the line and romos health but it appeared that we were holding out cap to make that move. If a win now QB becomes available I think he will make a move but until then he has to work with what's available.

As for the coaches I can't remember who all was available but I think every coach that got hired this past off season is a rookie HC. what veteran HC was really available that didn't fail at his last stop?

As for ward he can't even see the field on the bucs.

We signed probably the best offensive guard in free agency. We attempted to get Campbell but got outbid.

I think you always have to plan for long term success in addition to short term and he is attempting to do both it just hasn't played out the way he wanted. In a perfect world Peyton would have retired Brock would have pick up where he left off and schofield and ty would be holding down the offensive line.
                        If Elway really wanted Romo I would assume he could still just offer him a job. I know he has a contract with CBS, but I'm sure they would let him out of it for a chance to play again. Like Fox did with Cutler

Comment

Elway might want to separate himself from this dumpster fire before it tarnishes his legacy. If not, maybe they can throw enough money at Cousins to get a legit QB next season. McCoy has to be fired though, because no QB will be successful running his garbage plays.
                          Tebow averaged 20.21 points per game w/ McCoy as the OC. Siemian is currently averaging 18 points per game w/ McCoy as the OC.

Its not always the plays that are garbage, sometimes its the players and their ability to execute thats garbage.
                          Denver Broncos
                          New York Yankees
                          New York Knicks
                          Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                            Tebow averaged 20.21 points per game w/ McCoy as the OC. Siemian is currently averaging 18 points per game w/ McCoy as the OC.

Its not always the plays that are garbage, sometimes its the players and their ability to execute thats garbage.
                            Did you watch yesterday's game?

Comment

Can't plan that way when we have a defense as good as ours. You need to make the moves now while our defense is still mostly intact.

Comment

Working...
                              X