No announcement yet.

Elway's long term plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To echo what others have said. Doesn't matter what Jake can provide, and as a Michigan fan I know just what that is, if Trev is behind center all Jake will be doing is looking around like John Travolta in confusion.

Would Pax and or Os fair better? Only one way to find out.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
      Hunter Henry and Antonio gates combined for 89 catches just over 1k yards and 17tds last season with McCoy.
      Not too mention how many passes have been thrown to Derby and Green this year. Those two have dropped several but they've been targets a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        To echo what others have said. Doesn't matter what Jake can provide, and as a Michigan fan I know just what that is, if Trev is behind center all Jake will be doing is looking around like John Travolta in confusion.

Would Pax and or Os fair better? Only one way to find out.
        Problem is, our coaching stafff seems kinda stubborn already. The seeds were planted when they let Trev come back in the game in the 3rd hurt against the Giants when Brock was moving the ball.

Comment

I think the plan moving forward should be to prepare Lynch as best they can and when healthy, let him start. Hopefully he shows us something worth building on. If Lynch gets his chance hes likely to get a huge confidence boost. We haven't seen the confident Paxton Lynch play for us yet.

I think it's pretty safe to say we know what Siemian is capable of....and to me it's just not quite enough. I think he makes a great backup QB and could be extremely valuable in that role.

If Lynch is healthy enough, I hope we let him play it out.

Comment

With an All-Star Staff... only way to go is up?

With an All-star staff and a solid roster... the only way to go is up from here, right? We're still 2nd in the division if we can start executing, we still have a shot at the playoffs.

I was extremely excited about this staff when it was coming together. The Defense has been as advertised (for the most part). The only thing they are lacking is turnovers. For some reason, they are playing incredible defense (2nd in rush D, 1st in YPG), but they aren't getting any turnovers.

I'm still a huge fan of McCoy and Musgrave is a stud too. Offensively, we have great staff. O-Line coach Davidson doesn't have much to work with. Chris Strausser is an AWESOME coach to have as an assistant. We have the coaches.

What is going wrong here?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
              With an All-star staff and a solid roster... the only way to go is up from here, right? We're still 2nd in the division if we can start executing, we still have a shot at the playoffs.

I was extremely excited about this staff when it was coming together. The Defense has been as advertised (for the most part). The only thing they are lacking is turnovers. For some reason, they are playing incredible defense (2nd in rush D, 1st in YPG), but they aren't getting any turnovers.

I'm still a huge fan of McCoy and Musgrave is a stud too. Offensively, we have great staff. O-Line coach Davidson doesn't have much to work with. Chris Strausser is an AWESOME coach to have as an assistant. We have the coaches.

What is going wrong here?
              I agree with you. I think the problem is personnel and execution. I have a feeling there will be many replies torching the coaching staff.
              sigpic

Comment

I would like to see CJ and maybe a defensive talent get worked into a deal for some Oline help. A proven, solid pass blocker. We won't fix the problem playing musical chairs with staff or QB. It's an all star staff with not much to work with at the TE or oline possessions.

Comment

I've never seen so many receivers wide open down the field against the "No Fly Zone". A 42-yard touchdown pass yesterday by Travis Benjamin, who also caught a 38-yard touchdown in week 1. There was a 64-yard touchdown pass in week 4 against the raiders. Jordan Matthews, who has 172 total yards this season, had 61 yards in week 3. The secondary is bleeding explosive plays.

The more complex looks, the new wrinkles that Vance Joseph wanted to install to confuse the opponents are not confusing anyone except his own players who dominated games with Wade Phillips' simple scheme. Sometimes, less is more and Joseph is trying to get too cute with the defense. Not to mention that Justin Simmons is having a good share of struggles replacing Darian Stewart as the coverage safety.

Stewart defended 10 passes in 2015, 6 passes last season. Forced into Ward's role, he has not touched a pass yet after 6 games.
                  Last edited by -Rod-; 10-23-2017, 02:52 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

@Rod Do you think it would be more beneficial to have Will Parks play strong and move Stew back to FS? Stew's natural positions was SS apparently. Also, Simmons is playing "above average" according to PFF. He does seem like he is coming downhill and making a lot of tackles.

People are going to keep using TEs against us, as it's something we don't seem to be able to stop. NE had Talib match up against TEs and had success (Jimmy Graham). Maybe we should move Roby to cover the #1 and start having Talib matching up against TEs when they are prolific... such as the Hunter Henry's and Kelce of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                      @Rod Do you think it would be more beneficial to have Will Parks play strong and move Stew back to FS?
                      I think it would be more beneficial to have Stewart playing FS and Ward playing SS with Joe Woods keeping Wade's style of defense, but that ship has sailed. Less disguises, let the players think less and execute better.

I don't like the new looks like the safety loading the box when the QB breaks starts reading the defense and then running back to a deep zone before the snap. That's not fooling anyone, it's not creating turnovers and there have been too many miscommunications in the secondary because of these "clever' disguises in zone coverage.

If there is something that can keep the QB guessing, is a defense that does not move a lot before the snap, as Tony Romo said about Vic Fangio's defense. It's the same look most of the time, the QB has no idea what's coming.

From what I've seen, Aqib and Chris Harris had great communication with Stewart and Ward and it's not been the same with Simmons on the field for an extended period of time. Stewart should go back to his old role and let Simmons do Ward's job. Also, the defense should be playing much more man coverage than what we're seeing right now.
                      sigpic

Comment

Elways wasting this defense for the second year in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                          Tebow averaged 20.21 points per game w/ McCoy as the OC. Siemian is currently averaging 18 points per game w/ McCoy as the OC.

Its not always the plays that are garbage, sometimes its the players and their ability to execute thats garbage.
                          So true. The li e back then was much better then now

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                            Fellas

Sadly I don't think JE or our FO is trying to win right now. It looks like we are a team planning for 2 years from now, or so... I really believe our FO is in future-planning mode..

-tried to force in Paxton
                            -brought in offensive coordinator McCoy to run spread system better for Paxton than Trev
                            -hired rookie coaches, forced out outstanding vet coaches
                            -moved on from Ward in favor of Simmons
                            -didn't sign any expensive FAs last year

All of these events point to Elway being focused on the state of our organization in 2-3 years, when Paxton is supposed to be our QB and these coaches are supposed to be a little more experienced

If we were more focused on winning now, we would've hired/kept experienced coaches, we would've kept a scheme Siemian fits, we would've kept Ward, and we would've spent big on RT

Whether or not this is the right move, I dunno. We have an interesting timeline
                            I am fully on board with the "Trevor is done" movement, but we did bring in Leary (top 10 Guard $) and Boles (1st round pick) and brought in Watson to help the OL. Maybe not enough, but fixing the OL was not a 1-year plan unfortunately. Simmons has been great imo, and guys like Peko and Charles have been good producers. Locking up DT and Sanders along with Von was a priority and are all under contract.

Lynch has not been able to win the job and there is a lot of blame that can roll around on that, but maybe he is a bust. I still want him to be the guy and get a chance, but why hasn't he be able to? As we now see, VJ is here to be the front office puppet... for him to say it is obviously still TS's job we know that the decision has been made for him. Elway has no fear of losing his job and secured it with SB50. I agree that we are wasting our championship D with a terrible QB and below average OL.

At this point we are not far away from being a contender, but it is not with Siemian. All of the thoughts that he was a game manager has gone down the tubes over the past 4 weeks of torture.

Comment

Working...
                            X