O-line changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-line changes?

Would anybody else like to see some o-line changes to get this offense going again? i wouldn't mind moving Leary back to his natural LG position and moving watson to RG when him and Stephenson gets back.

Would like to see a new right tackle for sure, preferably from a different team via trade this week!!!

Comment

My ideal situation would be to trade for Glenn to plat LT.
      Move Bolles to RT
      Move Leary to LG
      Move Waston to RG

Glenn, Leary, Paradis, Watson, Bolles

Comment

From left to right: Bolles, Leary, Paradis, McGovern and whoever they can trade for that can actually play RT.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
          My ideal situation would be to trade for Glenn to plat LT.
          Move Bolles to RT
          Move Leary to LG
          Move Waston to RG

Glenn, Leary, Paradis, Watson, Bolles
          Originally posted by Narco View Post
          From left to right: Bolles, Leary, Paradis, McGovern and whoever they can trade for that can actually play RT.

Both of these options sound good. I am just not sure how well Bolles would do on the right. My understanding is that he's always played left...

Comment

Trade?

For who? What team is going to give up a starting-talent Tackle just because we want one? What is there to trade in return?

Some of you seem to be of the opinion that because our offensive line players are broken we can go back to Walmart and buy some new ones.

Tackles are at a premium and unfortunately Elway didn't exactly fill the stable up with offensive line talent-- well he did, but they were not very good (i.e. Sambrailo, Schofield, Day, etc.).

There are no options-- we reap what we sewed.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
              Trade?

For who? What team is going to give up a starting-talent Tackle just because we want one? What is there to trade in return?

Some of you seem to be of the opinion that because our offensive line players are broken we can go back to Walmart and buy some new ones.

Tackles are at a premium and unfortunately Elway didn't exactly fill the stable up with offensive line talent-- well he did, but they were not very good (i.e. Sambrailo, Schofield, Day, etc.).

While yes I think Elway has 0 ability to scout oline I also partially blame the spread in college. Like you said tackles are at a premium and people won’t just give up starter quality for a bag of chips.

But fewer and fewer kids are even being taught proper footwork in college because fewer teams have drop back qbs anymore.

Wasn’t Bolles rumored to be raw because he has very little experience in a pro style blocking system? But at least he has done a very good job learning quick.
              sigpic

Comment

Trade?

Ok, if they are at a premium then you give up a premium player and/or a pick. Doesn't matter how good our defense is, we aren't repeating 2015 with the way our line protects. The defense is going to have to lose talent if we want to improve the offense via trade.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  Would like to see a new right tackle for sure, preferably from a different team via trade this week!!!
                  I am about ready to start give multiple good draft picks for a top notch tackle.

We should have pulled the Joe Thomas trigger when we had the chance.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Very doubtful to bring in outside lineman at this point. Unless he's recovering from injury, no team's giving up a quality lineman. We're stuck with what we have and somehow, just hoping and wishing the line would block didn't work out for us again this year. So I don't really think the personnel is gonna matter. It's gotta be about the scheme at this point. Going back to Watson being on the field, we usually just left him one on one, getting his butt kicked. I'm not understanding why we're not CONSISTENTLY keeping a TE in to block or at least chip the pass rushers. The RBs aren't getting many catches out of the backfield, so just CONSISTENTLY keep them in to block. How about a RB screen from time to time? How about a formation besides the shotgun? A 3 TE formation? At some point, our coaches have to smarten up, right????
                    Last edited by champ&dreallday; 10-23-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

lol... that had me in stitches.
                      "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Trade?

Agreed. Have to look to the draft. IMO

Comment

We are beyond screwed. Watson has never been good & no idea why we went and got him. To put this in perspective Thomas is rated at 86 & Staley at 78. Out current highest rated O line member is Bolles at 66. While he hasn't been awesome he's done great work for a rookie & highlights just how bad Watson is. MAYBE Lynch will listen to offers as SF is going nowhere, but then neither are we.

69 Ty Sambrailo 39.3
                          70 Menelik Watson 38.7
                          Bronco Bob

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                            While yes I think Elway has 0 ability to scout oline I also partially blame the spread in college. Like you said tackles are at a premium and people won’t just give up starter quality for a bag of chips.

But fewer and fewer kids are even being taught proper footwork in college because fewer teams have drop back qbs anymore.

Wasn’t Bolles rumored to be raw because he has very little experience in a pro style blocking system? But at least he has done a very good job learning quick.
                            I'm not quite sure. He got Paradis and Bolles has looked good so far. Schofield looked much improved last season, looked good for us in the preseason, and just held Von in check last week. We might have given up on him too soon. Sambrailo looked promising early but injuries stunted his development as well as a position change. Garcia has just been a bust all around. Day was an undrafted guy and has been able to stick around and is now on the Colts active roster.

And like you said with how prevalent the spread has become in college, it's taking these guys longer and longer to adjust, not to mention Schofield, Sambrailo, and even Bolles were all considered guys who need(ed) time in the weight room.

As far as free agency, Stephenson was a miss of epic proportions, Okung was a risk hence the option at the end of year one, Watson has been a very good run blocker but struggles pass blocking, and Leary has been as advertised. Watson is a OG IMO, maybe we should've picked up Okung's option and still drafted Bolles and signed Watson and Leary to play OG. Okung only allowed 4 sacks last year and 2 so far this year, he's still bad with penalties but the protection would probably be much better with him playing next to someone other than Garcia.

Comment

Trade?

Scoff if you want but a huge mistake the FO made was cutting Michael Schofield this season. He may not have done great but he was/is better than anything we currently have. He started at RT for the chargers when they played us and did pretty well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X