Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At this point, which would you rather happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point, which would you rather happen?

Now obviously, I must preface this question with the following statement: We of course ALL want the Broncos to turn it around beginning this next game and go on a win streak leading to the winning of the Super Bowl. Trevor plays like a Franchise QB and the offense starts clicking ala Peyton Manning, Thomas, Decker, and company and the defense plays like that Super Bowl winning defense of two seasons ago!

But, if things continue as they have thus far this season, which would you rather have happen?

Scenario A) Broncos lose out, securing a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft where Denver selects their Franchise QB (if you have someone in particular, let us know)

Scenario B) Broncos lose out, securing a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft and choose the BEST OT available, allowing them to move Bolles to RT and securing our bookend Tackles for 10+ seasons

Scenario C) Broncos play .500 or slightly worse, finishing with a record of somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7 and secure a middle of the pack 1st round pick, where they draft one of the top QBs available

Scenario D) Broncos play .500 or slightly worse, finishing with a record of somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7 and secure a middle of the pack 1st round pick, where they draft one of the top O Lineman available

Pick Your Poison!
    Scenario A
    34.48%
    Scenario B
    20.69%
    Scenario C
    6.90%
    Scenario D
    37.93%
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

I was torn between A & D.

Comment

easily B and we go and get cousins or alex smith.

Comment

B and start Chad Kelly

Comment

D for me.

IMO if the QB situation continues to frustrate and disappoint Elway goes all out for a vet in free agency or trade. Doubt he puts up with another year of "development" QBs as the primary option. Current QBs are battling for backup role at best.

The win total you give would put them higher then mid round though. At 6-10 or 7-9 they are potentially picking top 10. Using last year, 8th to 14th.

Was surprised when I checked the 2018 draft projections posted in the past couple days. QBs are not all going as high as I expected. Depending on if you believe any of them at this point, a couple still had Darnold and Jackson available. Along with 4 or 5 olineman in the mix in the top 15 selections.
          Actual draft likely looks different but certainly some interesting options if the Broncos can not get their stuff together.
          Last edited by FR Tim; 10-23-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

D

Chad Kelly next year.
            Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

If we finish around 8-8 or 9-7 we'll have a mid first rounder

It's probably safe to bet we'll finish around those marks

There will be plenty of good players available at that point in the draft. It'd be a little disappointing to spend another first round pick on an offensive tackle

Comment

I'll take F

We still have plenty of pieces and we make a couple changes and are playing in January.

I still believe in this team and this season.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

People are so doom and gloom. lol. Please look ahead to the future and think of the consequences of purposely tanking the season for a higher draft pick. You are going to end up with a lot of pissed off competitors on this team. Do you think the Broncos want to tank? There are lot of super bowl vets on the team that aren't looking to roll over and die. Give them time to fix this and hold back your criticisms for the time being.
                  I believe.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                      People are so doom and gloom. lol. Please look ahead to the future and think of the consequences of purposely tanking the season for a higher draft pick. You are going to end up with a lot of pissed off competitors on this team. Do you think the Broncos want to tank? There are lot of super bowl vets on the team that aren't looking to roll over and die. Give them time to fix this and hold back your criticisms for the time being.
                      Yeah, but some fans high expectations are a little far fetched. We can't expect for the Broncos to be at the top year in year out. That's very rare. From what I'm seeing the Broncos will finish last in the AFC West, and I personally would rather have high draft picks. I'm not saying tank, but if the choice is picking 15th or 5th I know what my decision would be.

Comment

I just like posting pictures of tanks whenever my teams lose.

Comment

The Broncos are not a democracy run by the fans thank God or they would have been completely destroyed years ago!

The FO, coaches and players aren't going to purposely tank the season for better lottery tickets. End of story.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                            The Broncos are not a democracy run by the fans thank God or they would have been completely destroyed years ago!

The FO, coaches and players aren't going to purposely tank the season for better lottery tickets. End of story.
                            They don't have to decide for 3 more weeks, because those will take care of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                              I'll take F

We still have plenty of pieces and we make a couple changes and are playing in January.

I still believe in this team and this season.
                              10 games left, more than half the season, yet there are a lot of premature funerals with autopsies, burial detail and reading the wills going on around here.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X