No announcement yet.

Sell me on watching this train wreck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell me on watching this train wreck...

The issues with the team are glaringly obvious... but it sounds like the team leadership are going to try the same recipe for failure again and hope for a different result.

I guess that's to be expected - the Broncos rolled the dice on a number of things that all came up snake eyes, and now the cupboard is bare. Clinging to false hope is really what's left for them now, that is, until mathematical certainty comes knocking at the door.

But an interested observer has other options. If we were talking about novel or interesting mistakes that's one thing, but in this case, unless the team makes some significant changes the results are going to be entirely predictable. So you know they are going to fail, and how they are going to fail... so why watch? Sheer masochism? A misguided sense of loyalty? Some potential diamond buried in all the excrement and filth? I'm trying to find some reason to tune in next time, after the agony of the last two weeks, and I'm having a hard time justifying it.

The defense is worth watching.

Just go get a snack or a bathroom break when the offense is on the filed. Just make it quick. 3 and outs and turnovers usually don't take long.

Who knows maybe this team surprises everyone and finds a way to salvage a win in KC.

Comment

At the end of the day... it is our Broncos on TV... you'd understand the significance of that if you lived in 9er/Raider territory...
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Jake Butt May make his debut! I am excited to see if he could be our next big TE. Outside that nothing to see on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          At the end of the day... it is our Broncos on TV... you'd understand the significance of that if you lived in 9er/Raider territory...
          Yep. I hate watching them lose, more so by poor play, but it sure beats the off season. :thumb:

Comment

This team needs a pass rush! Shane Ray may be coming back this week, if this team can batter their QB like ours has been, I think I'd feel better. :-)

If we can play 2 TEs to block that is all we need.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

People have/are still buying season tickets for the Browns and Lions. Imagine being a fan of that kind of team, then go watch the Broncos knowing you won’t have to suffer decades of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                Yep. I hate watching them lose, more so by poor play, but it sure beats the off season. :thumb:
                The positive of the off season is the clean slate of hope for the upcoming season. Our hope is rapidly becoming extinct. A few more of these games and we're history for this season, and the only thing left to look forward to is the off season. At some point I'll stop wasting my Sunday afternoons and actually get something done.

Comment

Just watch to see if we kick a field goal this week.

Comment

It's been painful to watch but I am curious to see how they respond after being humiliated for two straight weeks. They will probably continue to lose but I'd rather have the Broncos to watch than to not watch them. Suffering through the hard times makes it much better when they're back on top.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm watching to see when the defense boils over and gets pissed at the offense.

Also I need to have material to post about on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                        People have/are still buying season tickets for the Browns and Lions. Imagine being a fan of that kind of team, then go watch the Broncos knowing you won’t have to suffer decades of that.
                        You sold me on this statement so very True ! I saw the end of the Cleveland Brown game last week and I saw their fans in the Stadium cheering so loudly for what is truly a Train Wreck of a Team and if they can be so enthusiastic then so can I ! We might have to suffer the next few games or the rest of the season however I am sure that JE does not want to see this next year so I am sure that changes for the good will be happening in the near future.

Comment

It's a long season. The first 2 weeks, we looked like world beaters. Now we are watching the opposite end of the spectrum. There's a chance they can right the ship and start playing better offensively. Sometimes it can be a rollercoaster, but roller coasters can be fun - if it's a good ride . Watching it play out is part of the fun!
                          sigpic

Comment

I feel the OP's pain. I'm still a die hard fan, but I debated even watching just due to having 1,000 things to get done on Monday. Normally, I wouldn't even care and just put everything off to watch the game, but it's tough when you know this offense is so weak. Maybe we have gotten spoiled recently, but we're not like the Browns or other teams where they knew they were horrible. It's frustrating to me because many of us saw enough from Trevor last year to believe he's not the guy. The O line is better, but at this point, I blame coaching just as much as the players for not giving guys help and changing the personnel to protect Trevor. It seems like stupidity/stubbornness is causing just as many problems as a lack of talent.

I'll be watching just hoping that a spark happens. Maybe Von gets a sack fumble or Talib gets a pick six and sparks the team. Maybe we go Tebow style and beat KC with only two completions again.

Comment

I love watching a good defense, With sacks and turnovers and good hits. I know statistically the defense is good, but it was much more fun to watch last year, and the offense is not fun to watch anymore either, long time broncos fan, and only get to watch a few games a year due to where I live, and this team right now, with a few exceptions, is not fun to watch right now. MNF was fun to watch, and I do not really care for either team.

Comment

Working...
                              X