Concerning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerning

So I just read an ESPN article that goes on to say Coach VJ trusts his offense will break out of the funk however they best be ready because this KC Team can produce some points. I am just a little bit concerned that VJ or McCoy are unwilling to make the needed changes to produce a win or even a first down or to even cross the 50 yard mark on the field.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bron...unk-on-offense

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    So I just read an ESPN article that goes on to say Coach VJ trusts his offense will break out of the funk however they best be ready because this KC Team can produce some points. I am just a little bit concerned that VJ or McCoy are unwilling to make the needed changes to produce a win or even a first down or to even cross the 50 yard mark on the field.

McCoy can't make the change thats needed to win (or at least give a better chance to win), VJ has to make the change. And VJ currently isnt willing to do it.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

That is concerning. I have to be honest, recently, I almost dislike hearing VJ talk. I understand he can't just throw Trevor under the bus. The O line is bad, we've had drops and fumbles, etc. However, he seems to be too protective of Trevor and a little too calm. McCoy should be getting chewed out, maybe not in front of the camera, but at some point. I put coaching to blame almost as much as the players at this point, because McCoy continues to call plays and run formations that we just can't execute. And VJ seems to be okay with it. There should be something in VJ's voice that says we've called the issues out and if we struggle going forward, it won't be because of the same things from the past few weeks.

I really couldn't believe he said things were going okay for the offense at halftime vs NY, with Trevor just throwing a horrible pick 6. He seems to be doing the same wishful thinking this week. I thought Elway wanted "kicking and screaming"????

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
        That is concerning. I have to be honest, recently, I almost dislike hearing VJ talk. I understand he can't just throw Trevor under the bus. The O line is bad, we've had drops and fumbles, etc. However, he seems to be too protective of Trevor and a little too calm. McCoy should be getting chewed out, maybe not in front of the camera, but at some point. I put coaching to blame almost as much as the players at this point, because McCoy continues to call plays and run formations that we just can't execute. And VJ seems to be okay with it. There should be something in VJ's voice that says we've called the issues out and if we struggle going forward, it won't be because of the same things from the past few weeks.

I really couldn't believe he said things were going okay for the offense at halftime vs NY, with Trevor just throwing a horrible pick 6. He seems to be doing the same wishful thinking this week. I thought Elway wanted "kicking and screaming"????

Yes indeed this is very concerning to me.

Comment

Yes indeed this is very concerning to me.
          Concerning to me as well. On NFLN they were asking when will the Broncos turn this mess around? Called us "Whenver?"
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think its called being in "Denial".

Comment

At this rate, I can see it now...

Going into Week 17 with a record of 3-12

VJ: We've been having great practices week in and week out. This isnt strictly a QB problem, this is a unit problem but I trust our offense will work it out and finish this final game of the year strong.
              Denver Broncos
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks
              Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                Concerning to me as well. On NFLN they were asking when will the Broncos turn this mess around? Called us "Whenver?"
                I believe our team will do just fine on Monday Night, hopefully enough to tone down the outcry from some of the fans.
                I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                  I believe our team will do just fine on Monday Night, hopefully enough to tone down the outcry from some of the fans.
                  I dont wish injury on anyone, but I wouldnt mind if Justin Houston helped tone down some of the outcry from the fans.
                  Denver Broncos
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks
                  Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Here is the problem I have with blaming the coaching and wanting to bench Trevor Siemian.

According to what has transpired in the past four games, defenses are stacking the box where we cannot run the ball, our offense's biggest strength. Then they are forcing us to pass. In order to beat this, we need to be able to go deep a time or two to make the defense play more honest. However, in order to go deep, the offensive line has to block longer. The offensive line's weakness is pass blocking, so the longer they are asked to block, the more likely they are going to get beaten or get an offensive holding call. This causes Trevor to get beaten up, which in turn makes him skittish and causes him to make worse decisions with the ball.

What kind of plays can McCoy call that changes this? What run plays can he call that our offensive line can execute more effectively against a stacked box? I mean a 3 and out is a 3 and out whether it is 3 runs and out or 3 passes and out or anything in between.

And how is Brock going to be any better if he's forced to do the same things Trevor is asked to do? Does he have a stronger arm? I think he does, but is his decision making better? Not really. And he'll have the same Offensive Line blocking for him and the same stacked box.

I'm not against change, just I don't want to see change for change's sake. It needs to solve a problem. Tell me how your changes are going to solve the problems?
                    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Trevor needs to get rid of the ball quicker with accuracy. They can stack the box when they aren't worried that TS can throw the ball or read the coverage. When given time he throws balls downfield and hopes one of our players can get there before the defence. Again, I watched Wentz and Cousins get rushed almost every play as well - but they still put on a show on Monday night.

Comment

To me this game has all of the makings of the Giants v Broncos game in reverse. We'll have spent a better part of a week talking about how the offense has no chance and how angry the Chefs are and how this game is going to not even be close. If Denver goes in with a very simplified game plan they come out with the win. It won't be pretty, it'll end 17-13 or so, but I think this is one of those games that leaves people shaking their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
                          Here is the problem I have with blaming the coaching and wanting to bench Trevor Siemian.

According to what has transpired in the past four games, defenses are stacking the box where we cannot run the ball, our offense's biggest strength. Then they are forcing us to pass. In order to beat this, we need to be able to go deep a time or two to make the defense play more honest. However, in order to go deep, the offensive line has to block longer. The offensive line's weakness is pass blocking, so the longer they are asked to block, the more likely they are going to get beaten or get an offensive holding call. This causes Trevor to get beaten up, which in turn makes him skittish and causes him to make worse decisions with the ball.

What kind of plays can McCoy call that changes this? What run plays can he call that our offensive line can execute more effectively against a stacked box? I mean a 3 and out is a 3 and out whether it is 3 runs and out or 3 passes and out or anything in between.

And how is Brock going to be any better if he's forced to do the same things Trevor is asked to do? Does he have a stronger arm? I think he does, but is his decision making better? Not really. And he'll have the same Offensive Line blocking for him and the same stacked box.

I'm not against change, just I don't want to see change for change's sake. It needs to solve a problem. Tell me how your changes are going to solve the problems?
                          The o-line is nowhere near even good but their issues are overstated. With that being said, leave 8 to block, send two receivers out and allow them to either run themselves open or draw a defensive holding call. Also move the pocket, put the defense under stress by running sprint out and rollout plays.

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                            Oh! Define your version of "fine" and then explain based on upon your version of "fine" how they'll do "enough to tone down the outcry from some fans"?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              Oh! Define your version of "fine" and then explain based on upon your version of "fine" how they'll do "enough to tone down the outcry from some fans"?
                              Produce points on offense to compete with the Chiefs for a victory.
                              I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X