X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
    I believe our team will do just fine on Monday Night, hopefully enough to tone down the outcry from some of the fans.
    They will do fine on Monday night; so long as they are playing the previous Sunday.....

Leave a comment:

• hawaiiiancrush
    replied
    If Siemian adjusts to stepping up instead of back, and the lineman are used to him stepping back too far, will that have an effect too?
    From what I see, TS can’t step up most of the time do too his Olineman getting pushed backwards, Paradis is a good Center, but gets overpowered and pushed back. Thus no pocket too step up into. That’s why you see him drifting backwards at times.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    And See Why All This Is Concering To Me !

Leave a comment:

• broncolassiter
    replied
    Trevor got the line hurt. He was taking to long in his reads forcing linemen to have to hold longer. That also took the run game with it as the right side was the main running side. This next game is going to be important. A win and we are right back in the playoff race. A loss and we drop below .500 with a slim chance of a playoff berth. If the offense can not score, it allows the other team to play shallow where our defense is the weakest. We need to complete some deep passes to open up the defense and we need to score in the red zone.

Leave a comment:

• XterraRob
    replied
    Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    Maybe getting driven into the ground like a meteor from space?? He is human, and I challenge anyone to stand in front of a 250# lineman and not want to move away from the impact. Aka drifting backwards. Haha
    If Siemian adjusts to stepping up instead of back, and the lineman are used to him stepping back too far, will that have an effect too?

Leave a comment:

• hawaiiiancrush
    replied
    I will admit he's regressed the last few games, and very badly I might say. I really wonder what's causing it.
    Maybe getting driven into the ground like a meteor from space?? He is human, and I challenge anyone to stand in front of a 250# lineman and not want to move away from the impact. Aka drifting backwards. Haha

Leave a comment:

• XterraRob
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    when has he shown a willingness to learn?...the knock I had about him last season is still there

drifting back into sacks, not simply taking a hitch up or to the side to avoid the rush and get the ball out, instead just running out and a lot of times into sacks

locking on his first read, not recognizing the defense and knowing where his matchup is, not recognizing blitzes, not being able to move take the top off the defense when they stacking the box

his mechanics are bad, his reads are bad, his vision is bad...NOTHING HAS IMPROVED, HE HAS LEARNED NOTHING ABOUT WHY HE STRUGGLED LAST SEASON
    I will admit he's regressed the last few games, and very badly I might say. I really wonder what's causing it.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    I'm a fan of sticking with QBs if they are showing a willingness to learn and succeed (just like anyone in life). If Trevor is showing his intelligence and dedication (And can find a way to execute better), I'd stick with him.
    when has he shown a willingness to learn?...the knock I had about him last season is still there

drifting back into sacks, not simply taking a hitch up or to the side to avoid the rush and get the ball out, instead just running out and a lot of times into sacks

locking on his first read, not recognizing the defense and knowing where his matchup is, not recognizing blitzes, not being able to move take the top off the defense when they stacking the box

his mechanics are bad, his reads are bad, his vision is bad...NOTHING HAS IMPROVED, HE HAS LEARNED NOTHING ABOUT WHY HE STRUGGLED LAST SEASON

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If you don't play zone a lot, it can lead to a lot of screw ups. You're right that Siemian needs to make them pay for it, but just making them pay once will get them to revert to who they are playing man.

I've been almost as outspoken as you about my feelings on the QB, but I think this is a favourable matchup for him. If he's going to break out, or even shows signs of life, this is the game.

we can only hope

Leave a comment:

• XterraRob
    replied
    I'm a fan of sticking with QBs if they are showing a willingness to learn and succeed (just like anyone in life). If Trevor is showing his intelligence and dedication (And can find a way to execute better), I'd stick with him.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    I agree with that taking in a account a solid qb

like Manning...the hype was always ..send pressure, disguise the defense and you can beat manning...seattle did that in the superbowl

but if he knew what you was doing, if you couldn't get there...manning would eat that defense up

it might not be kc's preference to play zone...but if it works and it stifles TS...I don't see them going to man...unless TS makes them pay

what the chances of that
    If you don't play zone a lot, it can lead to a lot of screw ups. You're right that Siemian needs to make them pay for it, but just making them pay once will get them to revert to who they are playing man.

I've been almost as outspoken as you about my feelings on the QB, but I think this is a favourable matchup for him. If he's going to break out, or even shows signs of life, this is the game.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    I have no doubt they'll probably play more Zone, but now they're taking an already poor defense away from its comfort zone. There's a reason they play man coverage 2/3 of the time.
    I agree with that taking in a account a solid qb

like Manning...the hype was always ..send pressure, disguise the defense and you can beat manning...seattle did that in the superbowl

but if he knew what you was doing, if you couldn't get there...manning would eat that defense up

it might not be kc's preference to play zone...but if it works and it stifles TS...I don't see them going to man...unless TS makes them pay

what the chances of that

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    or they could follow the trend and play zone and make TS look like a idiot again
    I have no doubt they'll probably play more Zone, but now they're taking an already poor defense away from its comfort zone. There's a reason they play man coverage 2/3 of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    The Chefs run man coverage almost exclusively. If they keep this trend Siemian is going to have a good week because he's better against man defense. I think the Broncos win this one and Siemian has a fairly good week.
    or they could follow the trend and play zone and make TS look like a idiot again
    I'm going with the glass half full! :thumb:

The Ravens got stomped by the Jags in London earlier this year, last night they did the same to the Dolphins. Any given Sunday Boys and Girls...

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    The Chefs run man coverage almost exclusively. If they keep this trend Siemian is going to have a good week because he's better against man defense. I think the Broncos win this one and Siemian has a fairly good week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X