Ray is back!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray is back!!

At least there is a bright spot here. Although the offense is struggling the defense is getting healthier at the right time

You gotta be excited by this! He was trending so strong at the end of last year. Shaq Barrett just hasn't been as effective as we need to free up Von. Ray will do that.

I think having two solid edge rushers will reset the secondary into 2016 form.

Comment

If you look back at the previous 2 years, there were receivers open and the big plays were there, the problem was opposing QBs never had the time to actually hit them. This year with the pass rush being a step slower, QBs have had enough time to hit the big plays.

Hopefully Ray helps the pass rush get to the QB a step or two quicker, this will help the secondary tremendously

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        At least there is a bright spot here. Although the offense is struggling the defense is getting healthier at the right time
        Definitely be a plus. Maybe not this week, but in another week or two he'll be back into the flow of things and be a major contributor for the defense.

Alas though, the defense has not been our problem.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
          If you look back at the previous 2 years, there were receivers open and the big plays were there, the problem was opposing QBs never had the time to actually hit them. This year with the pass rush being a step slower, QBs have had enough time to hit the big plays.

Hopefully Ray helps the pass rush get to the QB a step or two quicker, this will help the secondary tremendously
          Also, teams just aren't really taking many shots down field unless the play is wide open. They don't need to take risks. Opposing offenses know that our offense, just isnt a threat. So they keep everything short, low risk plays. They are not worried at all about needing to punt the ball away.

Because they know, to beat the Broncos all you need is 14 points.
          sigpic

Comment

Now they should be able to punish from one side or the other. The offense a whole list of excuses, but this defense has none! They could go in there and do their thing for 60 minutes! They better get used to it because the season is on their shoulders now. The offense is a complete unknown, but I hate the fact that we are getting beat up by the opponents defense and we are not dishing out anything. There is no nasty in this defense! The more we get embarrassed, the more we lose I hope the more they get angry!
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Any chance he can take Todd Davis's spot so Shaq can stay out there too?
              2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Great news! This should really help us improve our pass rush and I think it will really help Von specifically. I'm hopeful this will lead to QBs rushing to get rid of the ball which leads to the turnovers that have been missing this year.
                Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Comment

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                  Two different positions.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                    Also, teams just aren't really taking many shots down field unless the play is wide open. They don't need to take risks. Opposing offenses know that our offense, just isnt a threat. So they keep everything short, low risk plays. They are not worried at all about needing to punt the ball away.

Comment

I miss Trev so much
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

QFT

This offense is dead in it's current design and players
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I do understand that Ray and Davis play 2 different spots. But I'm positive that Ray or Shaq can move. Shaq was the backup there until he excelled in the absence of Ray and Ware. There is no doubt that Miller, Ray, Marshall, and Shaq are the best 4 and should be out there together. If Clay Matthews can play 4 spots, Ray can play 2.
                          2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

I do understand that Ray and Davis play 2 different spots. But I'm positive that Ray or Shaq can move. Shaq was the backup there until he excelled in the absence of Ray and Ware. There is no doubt that Miller, Ray, Marshall, and Shaq are the best 4 and should be out there together. If Clay Matthews can play 4 spots, Ray can play 2.
                            why would you want the better pass rusher to play inside
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by snowman33 View Post
                              Great news! This should really help us improve our pass rush and I think it will really help Von specifically. I'm hopeful this will lead to QBs rushing to get rid of the ball which leads to the turnovers that have been missing this year.
                              Good in theory, but not likely.

The real problem with the pass rush hasnt been the lack of. Its been that offenses are playing very conservative, throwing those 5 yard hitches. It doesnt bother them to punt the ball away....because they know our offense is so anemic, they only need one or two scoring drives the entire game.

So they play it safe, they run, the throw short. Two steps, throw. The sacks, the turnovers...those usually come on longer plays and offenses simply arent running those plays.

They have no need to.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X