X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Go Shane!!

MNF did a nice little piece on Shane Ray. It is inspiring that he chose football to make a real go of it in life, clearly with much love and support from his mom.

I hope he has a great game, a great career, and yes....a great life!

:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    You’re comparing a defense that had a Ware, a healthy Shane Ray, an aggressive Ward in the box. Our defense is still playing at a very high level without them. I think Woods is doing a great job considering the shoes he was stepping into.
    People knock our new defensive coordinator not being wade but he improved our run defense from 28th last year to what is now 2nd.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    This just reminded me how much more aggressive Wade Phillips' defense was compared to Woods. ����
    ya, we can tell by the fact the 2017 pass d is giving up 1.1 more yards per game
    or the rush defense giving up 58.5 less rushing yards

dam Elway anyway

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Whether we want to admit it or not but it is the great John Elway's fault. He would not pay Wade Phillips and he also would not pay Joe DeCamilias.
    You’re comparing a defense that had a Ware, a healthy Shane Ray, an aggressive Ward in the box. Our defense is still playing at a very high level without them. I think Woods is doing a great job considering the shoes he was stepping into.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    This just reminded me how much more aggressive Wade Phillips' defense was compared to Woods. 😣😔
    Whether we want to admit it or not but it is the great John Elway's fault. He would not pay Wade Phillips and he also would not pay Joe DeCamilias.

Leave a comment:

• sgriffeth78
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeBalla2k5 View Post
    Heres some of his Bronco highlights to get you guys pumped! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMAVDJndWzo
    This just reminded me how much more aggressive Wade Phillips' defense was compared to Woods. 😣😔

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    Does this mean the Demarcus walker at linebacker experiment is over?

Leave a comment:

• JoeBalla2k5
    replied
    Heres some of his Bronco highlights to get you guys pumped! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMAVDJndWzo

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Just in time to watch Todd Davis bite on every misdirection and over pursue it as well.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
    Also, teams just aren't really taking many shots down field unless the play is wide open. They don't need to take risks. Opposing offenses know that our offense, just isnt a threat. So they keep everything short, low risk plays. They are not worried at all about needing to punt the ball away.

Because they know, to beat the Broncos all you need is 14 points.
    Just 7 points. But really, a FG now if the standard is being shut out

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Should be excited, but really am not. Doesn't matter how well the defense plays when all it really amounts to is a few yards where the Broncos punt again

Leave a comment:

• conannilsen
    replied
    Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
    I do understand that Ray and Davis play 2 different spots. But I'm positive that Ray or Shaq can move. Shaq was the backup there until he excelled in the absence of Ray and Ware. There is no doubt that Miller, Ray, Marshall, and Shaq are the best 4 and should be out there together. If Clay Matthews can play 4 spots, Ray can play 2.
    Because Ray can cover a receiver and react quicker.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Hahahahaha Hahahaaha Good 1 !

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by snowman33 View Post
    Great news! This should really help us improve our pass rush and I think it will really help Von specifically. I'm hopeful this will lead to QBs rushing to get rid of the ball which leads to the turnovers that have been missing this year.
    Good in theory, but not likely.

The real problem with the pass rush hasnt been the lack of. Its been that offenses are playing very conservative, throwing those 5 yard hitches. It doesnt bother them to punt the ball away....because they know our offense is so anemic, they only need one or two scoring drives the entire game.

So they play it safe, they run, the throw short. Two steps, throw. The sacks, the turnovers...those usually come on longer plays and offenses simply arent running those plays.

They have no need to.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
    I do understand that Ray and Davis play 2 different spots. But I'm positive that Ray or Shaq can move. Shaq was the backup there until he excelled in the absence of Ray and Ware. There is no doubt that Miller, Ray, Marshall, and Shaq are the best 4 and should be out there together. If Clay Matthews can play 4 spots, Ray can play 2.
    why would you want the better pass rusher to play inside

Leave a comment:

Working...
X