Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Sanders is still out, put Fowler on the outside and Charles in the slot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
    Latimer's availability vs his actual production makes his presence negligible.
    Ouch

Leave a comment:

• Bates
    replied
    We need to make moves and changes on offense and try different things to find what works.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosIsLife
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    McKenzie and Latimer should be good to go this week, so it won't be as thin at WR as it was against the Chargers in LA.
    Latimer's availability vs his actual production makes his presence negligible.

Leave a comment:

• XterraRob
    replied
    If our passing game isn't being very effective because we're asking Trevor to throw too much, maybe we should rely on our run game to put Trevor in a better position. The one thing I hate seeing in football games is moving away from the run game (even if it's not working), all it takes is the right amount of emphasis on run plays to catch the defense off guard for a big play to pay off. I wonder how the game would turn out if we did 60% run and 40% pass (just for gits and shiggles).

Leave a comment:

• champ&dreallday
    replied
    Charles in the slot is a great idea. Unfortunately, we've never really had creative schemes in Denver (minus the Tebow offense). It's almost like it's discouraged. Attacking the middle of the field has a weakness that we've been looking to fix for a while. I was surprised we didn't put Fowler on the outside and move Sanders inside for most of our 3 WR sets. Putting Charles in the slot and motioning him to the backfield for sweeps/tosses or just motioning to the other slot position could definitely open some things up. If nothing else, it forces the defense to adjust, which could take some pressure off of Siemian. I definitely think we have to get creative to cover some of the holes we have on offense. What better team to start, then a team who does the exact same thing.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    I would like to see Charles as the featured back for this game. How cool would it be for him to torch KC's D all game long?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    I think Charles in the slot on some plays would be fun to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    McKenzie and Latimer should be good to go this week, so it won't be as thin at WR as it was against the Chargers in LA.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Problem is flexing the RB out eliminates extra protection. Between trevs and the OLs issues it's hard to do.

Leave a comment:

• If Sanders is still out, put Fowler on the outside and Charles in the slot.

We CLEARLY have offensive problems. It starts with the offensive line, the same way great offensive production starts with the offensive line. We need to start attacking the seams and making the linebackers drop back instead of stacking the box, basically taking away our ability to run the football.
    Aside from trading for Joe Staley, or Duane Brown or someone else to help us fix the line, we have to give the line help by getting rid of the freaking football quickly. One of the ways we can do that is attacking the seam with mismatches and nobody creates a better mismatch than Jamaal Charles. He's, historically, a fantastic pass catcher. He would be tremendous in the slot. Put Derby on the other side at TE and we could generate a lot of offense of the middle, something we have been lacking for weeks.

Anyway, just a thought.
Working...
X