Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 offense with the 2015 defense.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2013 offense with the 2015 defense.

    Easy enough question. If we had the 2013 offense with the 2015 defense do you guys think we could have gone 19-0?
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Easy enough question. If we had the 2013 offense with the 2015 defense do you guys think we could have gone 19-0?
    U saw SB48 right......... You would need September-November Peyton to even think about going against that buzz saw. SB Peyton is way too worn down from throwing 40 times per game.
    #swapping

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by flosstein View Post
      U saw SB48 right......... You would need September-November Peyton to even think about going against that buzz saw. SB Peyton is way too worn down from throwing 40 times per game.
      But with that SB50 defense though is it even a concern?
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
        But with that SB50 defense though is it even a concern?
        mis read the question. To correct my answer, 19-0 wouldn't have happened. Nice to day dream about, but wouldn't have happened.
        #swapping

        Comment


        • #5
          23-0.....undefeated pre season too

          Comment


          • #6
            Teams will go in spurts, over the course of a season, especially with a vet QB.

            I still firmly believe the 2015 Peyton and 2016 Brady were fresh enough for the postseason stretch because of the time they missed (Peyton due to injury, and Brady due to suspension). That is why they could contribute just enough (in the case of Peyton) and more than enough (in the case of Brady) for the postseason stretch.

            That is why teams that win early, even if they have a slump mid-season, can win the SB.

            2005 Steelers - started 7-2, went 7-5 and finished 11-5, won as #6 seed
            2006 Colts - started 9-0, went 12-4, won as #3 seed
            2007 Giants - started 6-2, then slumped to go 10-6, won as #5 seed
            2010 Packers - started 7-3, finished 10-6, won as #6 seed
            2011 Giants - started 6-2, finished 6-6, finished 9-7, won as #4 seed
            2012 Ravens - started 7-2, finished 10-6, won as #4 seed
            2015 Broncos - started 7-0, finished 12-4 and won it all

            So, you need the equity of early season wins, this is what this tells me, to survive a fall and then get up. It can be done. That is why even though Peyton was not playing well in 2015, the early season equity of wins you had in the bag served you well for HFA in the AFC and a SB win.

            Comment


            • #7
              Elway missed some time in his last season too, Brister filled in admirably, and Elway was SB MVP. Probably not a coincidence. Anyway, to the OP question, if I recall the horror correctly, the Hawks scored every way imaginable in the SB. The 2015 defense would have nothing to do with ST play, interceptions, snapping the ball into the end zone, etc. Probably still lose that one.

              Comment


              • #8
                Who's are the coaches for that game? LOL, I would take Kubiak, Gase, and Phillips.

                If Fox & Shooter McGavin were still in charge, unlikely
                I believe.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
                  Easy enough question. If we had the 2013 offense with the 2015 defense do you guys think we could have gone 19-0?
                  Well let’s see…what schedule do we have, 2013 or 2015? 2013 was a softer schedule, but meeting the `13 Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII could still be a really hairy game. Assuming our O-line is properly mangled as it was, there’s no way Big-O is blocking Avril. They were collapsing our tackles with a three-man rush at times, forcing Peyton to hurry throws into one of the greatest secondaries ever assembled. Without a strong ground game, I’m not totally convinced we could even win that game with our 2015 defense…unless it shredded the turnover differential (which is certainly possible). I would give it a 50/50 chance…but it likely would have been a very low scoring game.

                  With the 2015 schedule (even though it was a harder schedule – not having to play the 2013 Seahawks with that offense would be a boon), I think they run the table.
                  To infinity...and beyond.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's possible. But with the salary cap no one can afford to put together those types of offenses while also having that type of defense.

                    But I'm sure a lot of the historically elite teams could go undefeated if they paired their franchise histories best offense with their best defense.

                    I'm sure the 2007 Pats teamed with the 2001-2004 defenses could've ran the table.

                    I know I know they cheated. Still very talented rosters though.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      this team is classic 'tweener' football team.....

                      i really don't understand this team.........
                      no.1 defense + no.32 offense = tweener football team.......
                      john elway need to realize that this team can win superbowl with avarage level offense.
                      honestly, our future doesn't seem so bright. if we want another superbowl, it has to be done in next 3yrs......
                      our current QBs cannot deliver that....everybody knows but elway.
                      i think it will be 8-8 at the end of the season. no playoffs.
                      it will be pathetic to see our offense struggle against chiefs on monday........
                      somethings are seriously wrong with this team.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I was listening to Big Al and Dmac yesterday and they were talking about if we have a poor record do we cut the ties with our QBs now and either pick up a guy like Drew Brees or draft one? I am on the Brees bandwagon and would like to see Chad Kelley learn behind him for 2 years. This would allow us to draft a Tackle with our first this year, which there are some good ones in this draft, and then a Guard.

                        I fear that if we don’t get a FA QB or FA tackle this offseason we will have to rely on the draft too much.

                        QB, RT, LG, TE (Butt could be the guy) , LB, and DE/DT. These are our needs and imo the order is which we need them the most. We will not be able to take on all of this in just the draft.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                          I was listening to Big Al and Dmac yesterday and they were talking about if we have a poor record do we cut the ties with our QBs now and either pick up a guy like Drew Brees or draft one? I am on the Brees bandwagon and would like to see Chad Kelley learn behind him for 2 years. This would allow us to draft a Tackle with our first this year, which there are some good ones in this draft, and then a Guard.

                          I fear that if we don’t get a FA QB or FA tackle this offseason we will have to rely on the draft too much.

                          QB, RT, LG, TE (Butt could be the guy) , LB, and DE/DT. These are our needs and imo the order is which we need them the most. We will not be able to take on all of this in just the draft.
                          If you're looking to cut ties with them then you do it now. If your team can find a way to win then great but with in season injuries teams now are likely going to part ways with higher picks at very specific positions of need.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                            If you're looking to cut ties with them then you do it now. If your team can find a way to win then great but with in season injuries teams now are likely going to part ways with higher picks at very specific positions of need.
                            I see your point but don’t you want to see where you land first? Why cut ties when you’re not 100% sure what you are going to be at the end of the season? What if Drew Brees signs an extension before the season end or don’t land a top ten spot to get a top QB? I feel like you have a better chance of trading someone in the offseason

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                              I was listening to Big Al and Dmac yesterday and they were talking about if we have a poor record do we cut the ties with our QBs now and either pick up a guy like Drew Brees or draft one? I am on the Brees bandwagon and would like to see Chad Kelley learn behind him for 2 years. This would allow us to draft a Tackle with our first this year, which there are some good ones in this draft, and then a Guard.

                              I fear that if we don’t get a FA QB or FA tackle this offseason we will have to rely on the draft too much.

                              QB, RT, LG, TE (Butt could be the guy) , LB, and DE/DT. These are our needs and imo the order is which we need them the most. We will not be able to take on all of this in just the draft.
                              I have said this before Drew Bress is not leaving New Orleans at all. Drew Bress loves N.O. plus he has a Great working realtionshop with Coach Peyton. I had read the other day that Drew does not want to leave N.O. and have to start over with younger players.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X